Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who else hates having a nail file on a SAK?

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Who else hates having a nail file on a SAK?
Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 11:13:05 PM
My Wenger Traveler has a nail file and scissors. Use them on my nails or for any other task that comes up. No, I don't carry toiletries in my tool kit. I do carry SAKs in both my tool kit and my toiletry kit when I travel.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 01:12:14 AM
The reason for my dislike is ideological, not practical.
To me a SAK is a portable toolbox. And I wouldn't put toiletries or personal care items in my toolbox.
That said, I think I'm soon going to pull the trigger on a Mountaineer anyway.  :D

Great!!!  You'll love having a file in your toolbox!!!!   :cheers:
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 02:06:47 AM
Im totally in disagreement, I just don't see why you need two blades rather then the nail file, the other thing is the corkscrew, I guess that is sooo much more in use then a Philips? I think the fieldmaster would spot on if the small blade was replaced with the file!
JR
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:11:08 AM by MadPlumbarian »
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Reply #33 on: August 28, 2016, 10:48:45 AM
I'm a fan of the smaller nail file and cleaner as seen on the cadet and many 85mm Wenger models instead of the second blade. Beyond the obvious uses, I find having a thin but not sharp metal utensil useful for many uses - opening awkward battery cases is a regular one. The Explorer plus is one I'd like to see with it instead of the second blade.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #34 on: August 28, 2016, 12:14:39 PM
I'm a fan of the smaller nail file and cleaner as seen on the cadet and many 85mm Wenger models instead of the second blade. Beyond the obvious uses, I find having a thin but not sharp metal utensil useful for many uses - opening awkward battery cases is a regular one. The Explorer plus is one I'd like to see with it instead of the second blade.

Yep, that'd do it  :salute:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: August 28, 2016, 02:09:22 PM
My wife hates having a SAK on her nail file.

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
Im totally in disagreement, I just don't see why you need two blades rather then the nail file, the other thing is the corkscrew, I guess that is sooo much more in use then a Philips? I think the fieldmaster would spot on if the small blade was replaced with the file!
JR

+1!!!!  It lives and is called a Vic Delemont 18/S18!
- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #37 on: August 28, 2016, 03:08:18 PM
JR

(Image removed from quote.)
True, it even has all the goodies my custom sak has plus serrated rather then normal scissors and a awl. But it's smaller and has those goofy scales.. Yet if you go up in size you still have those goofy scales but then some have those single hand blades, just still have yet to find the right combo of tools..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline TonySal

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #38 on: August 28, 2016, 05:26:33 PM
The reason for my dislike is ideological, not practical.
To me a SAK is a portable toolbox. And I wouldn't put toiletries or personal care items in my toolbox.
That said, I think I'm soon going to pull the trigger on a Mountaineer anyway.  :D

...but you can use SAK tools for other
functions(like someone just said above) so heck with the name, if it works  for something, use it!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: August 28, 2016, 07:58:08 PM
JR

(Image removed from quote.)
True, it even has all the goodies my custom sak has plus serrated rather then normal scissors and a awl. But it's smaller and has those goofy scales.. Yet if you go up in size you still have those goofy scales but then some have those single hand blades, just still have yet to find the right combo of tools..
JR
LOVE my S18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56