Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic SAK identification?

Offline Punisherprice

• New User
Vic SAK identification?
on: August 18, 2019, 02:36:16 AM
Hey everyone!

I am unsure if this is the right place to post this, but i recently purchased this knife off of EBay. I am still new to SAKs knowledge and variants and i thought i was knowledgeable enough for this knife. Even the owner was unaware and searched SakWiki and I searched Smartknives. Still at a loss. It appears closely related to the 91mm Ranger, but minus scissors, and replace the corkscrew with a phillips. Also has nylon scales...i mistakenly thought it was a master craftsman until i realized it did not have scissors. So I need an expert haha. Thanks for helping me out. :dunno: :facepalm:
Screenshot_2019-08-17-06-09-49(1).jpg
* Screenshot_2019-08-17-06-09-49(1).jpg (Filesize: 107.14 KB)
2019-08-18 04-28-35~2.jpg
* 2019-08-18 04-28-35~2.jpg (Filesize: 90.38 KB)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Vic SAK identification?
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 02:41:14 AM
I think this is unofficially called a "Practical Craftsman". It was sold along with pliers and a sheath in the 1990s as the "Practical Tool Set". Not a whole lot were made.  Been meaning to build one myself as a mod. Perfect for pocket carry when I'm working. Nothing wrong with the scissors or hook, but it saves some weight and thickness; but really, I don't use scissors that much working.

Offline Punisherprice

• New User
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 02:51:11 AM
 :woohoo: Wow, I was in the a$$ end of Google and SakWiki looking for this thing. I really do appreciate it. I carry a 91mm Ranger as a secondary everyday, but found the perfect knife for me would have the phillips instead of the corkscrew, and the main/small blade can easily replace scissors in my uses. Thanks again!

fi Offline Gath

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:23:32 PM
I think this is unofficially called a "Practical Craftsman". It was sold along with pliers and a sheath in the 1990s as the "Practical Tool Set". Not a whole lot were made.  Been meaning to build one myself as a mod. Perfect for pocket carry when I'm working. Nothing wrong with the scissors or hook, but it saves some weight and thickness; but really, I don't use scissors that much working.

Locksmith could be considered a spiritual successor. It's also a practical model in that it has the tools that most benefit from the increased frame size and nothing else.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%