Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

No more Victorinox-made special SAK models for Swiss Bianco

shibafu · 100 · 12208

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Re: No more Victorinox-made special SAK models for Swiss Bianco
Reply #90 on: September 01, 2016, 02:17:14 PM
Many folks have wondered how SB got his relationship with Victorinox????

Maybe he just had to ask his 'Uncle Carl?"
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #91 on: September 01, 2016, 02:48:36 PM

What??  :o :o :o

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #92 on: September 01, 2016, 02:52:37 PM

Well, you know...

Show content

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #93 on: September 01, 2016, 06:07:07 PM
Imagine where I could have been back when I started if I was able to buy parts directly from Vic without having to take apart 1000 SAKS.

Yeah, but can anyone (including SwissB) order SAK parts ie Compact hooks, pruning blades etc and get them? As far as I know, he was ordering entire, finished SAKs and not just components. The strange thing, I thought, was that while other vendors had special colour Farmers, Pioneers etc, he had a number of configurations that were his and his alone. (Who else ever - in living memory - sold Carvers?) So he certainly got special treatment for some reason, or he was one hell of a negotiator.

He claimed he could get parts but who knows.  He did show pics of raw unanodized alox scales before that he got from Vic.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #94 on: September 01, 2016, 07:10:57 PM
Imagine where I could have been back when I started if I was able to buy parts directly from Vic without having to take apart 1000 SAKS.

Yeah, but can anyone (including SwissB) order SAK parts ie Compact hooks, pruning blades etc and get them? As far as I know, he was ordering entire, finished SAKs and not just components. The strange thing, I thought, was that while other vendors had special colour Farmers, Pioneers etc, he had a number of configurations that were his and his alone. (Who else ever - in living memory - sold Carvers?) So he certainly got special treatment for some reason, or he was one hell of a negotiator.

He claimed he could get parts but who knows.  He did show pics of raw unanodized alox scales before that he got from Vic.

Some of the pics that he posted were from the parts bins in the Vic factory he took while he was visiting. He just threw his logo thing in the tray.

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #95 on: September 01, 2016, 08:39:47 PM

Some of the pics that he posted were from the parts bins in the Vic factory he took while he was visiting. He just threw his logo thing in the tray.
That's genius!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:06:38 PM by shadowrider »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #96 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:55 PM
Not to jump on the Rodger bashing bandwagon, but Victorinox has never credited him in the Pioneer project.  At best Rodger just seems to have taken credit for approaching them with an idea they were already working on.

Actually, as I found out in a recent discussion with the Powers that Be at Victorinox, the Damascus SAK is NOT due to any influence or inspiration from Roger.  In fact, the initial concept of a Damascus blade on a SAK was explored before Roger was even in contact with Victorinox.

According to Victorinox, Roger had absolutely nothing to do with the production of this knife.  In case anyone thinks I am making this up because of past history with Roger, this topic came up during a conference call in which another highly respected member was also a part, and I'm certain he would be able to verify that the idea came from within Victorinox, not from +B.

Def
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

fi Offline Gath

Reply #97 on: September 02, 2016, 12:52:09 PM
The Victorinox foundation, the biggest owner of Vic IIRC, has providing employment in Ibach as part of their charter.

Edit: Just wanted to add that their kitchen cutlery line seems to be going strong. It's "everywhere" here, and generally regarded as good price/performance.

Indeed the cutlery seems to be everywhere in Finland a Victorinox set is in fact standard issue for chef students. It also is the standard for professional kitchens and found from any wholesaler and most supermarkets. and why not, they're affordable and effective.

my Offline Everdying

Reply #98 on: September 03, 2016, 03:59:24 AM
claims victorinox has stopped supplies... so are all those colored Pioneer X from Germany not from victorinox?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #99 on: September 03, 2016, 05:07:21 AM
The Victorinox foundation, the biggest owner of Vic IIRC, has providing employment in Ibach as part of their charter.

Edit: Just wanted to add that their kitchen cutlery line seems to be going strong. It's "everywhere" here, and generally regarded as good price/performance.

Indeed the cutlery seems to be everywhere in Finland a Victorinox set is in fact standard issue for chef students. It also is the standard for professional kitchens and found from any wholesaler and most supermarkets. and why not, they're affordable and effective.

I got a free Vic serrated steak knife with a SAK order and I was impressed and I use it quite alot.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62