Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Little SAKs

TonySal · 1250 · 82112

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: The Little SAKs
Reply #90 on: April 13, 2017, 08:37:04 PM
I have become very attached to my Minichamps.  I keep the green scale Minichamp on the keychain for the car I use most often.  I don't have any solo photos but here it is with a hunter green Explorer. 

I love the minichamp. I always have an alox minichamp with me :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #91 on: April 13, 2017, 09:00:00 PM
I have become very attached to my Minichamps.  I keep the green scale Minichamp on the keychain for the car I use most often.  I don't have any solo photos but here it is with a hunter green Explorer. 

I never leave home without one! 

I definitely have to restrain myself from buying more or I would have a drawer full.  :)

:cheers:

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #92 on: April 13, 2017, 11:56:32 PM

I never leave home without one! 

I definitely have to restrain myself from buying more or I would have a drawer full.  :)

:cheers:

I agree. The minichamp can accomplish a lot of tasks  and it is cool to look at too!  :cheers:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #93 on: April 14, 2017, 07:59:29 AM
Here's my MiniRebel posing outdoors

It came inhandy today... we were out on a walking trail and had to cut my kid's shoe lace which was frayed at one end...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #94 on: April 14, 2017, 10:32:13 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

It came inhandy today... we were out on a walking trail and had to cut my kid's shoe lace which was frayed at one end...

Great picture jaya_man! :like:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:33:29 AM by VICMAN »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #95 on: April 14, 2017, 10:40:12 AM
minis FTW!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #96 on: April 14, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

Great picture jaya_man! :like:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: April 14, 2017, 03:54:13 PM
Thanks, sometimes I fall for the blade to take out advancing enemy paratroopers - and that knife is never used, ...open wine, tighten a little screw, Anyone got a little scissors?! SAK!

Got a drawer full, little knives are cool, add SAk functions, extra cool!   :cheers:

I think the knife industry preys on that fantasy stuff. The whole so called "tactical" knife thing is based on perceived[/i use of the knife. There seems to be a very business target now than say 30 years ago. People used to carry small one or two bladed jack's and penknives for everyday cutting. Now it seems like they won't walk out the door without a knife capable of taking out Chinese paratroopers or killing zombies. The market is driven by an artificially created need for over built, over hyped, and over priced knives that for all the bulk and cost are just a one trick pony. Yes, they will baton a steel pipe or pry open an enemy tank hatch. but replace a watch band, tighten  a loose radiator hose clamp, get splinter out of a finger, unscrew a cover and replace something and screw cover back on, fix an outboard motor on a river, do a simple fix on a motorcycle in the middle of nowhere, tighten eyeglass frame screws, or a hundred other things, and they are  useless.

But they look cool! :whistle:

I guess that's enough for some peoples egos.  :facepalm:

A small SAK, or even a medium size SAK, gig es you options in an everyday life situation. No, they won't be worth a tinkers d--m if you get in a fight with a half dozen Hell's Angels or a Mexican drug cartel, but they'll open a cold beer or bottle of wine easy. I've been carrying SAK's of all sized for close to 50 years now, and I've never had one let me down. But them I don't get in fights with Hell's Angels chapters or drug cartels. For personal protection I use a gun, or if I'm someplace guns aren't allowed, then a nice stout old Irish Blackthorn walking stick that's an under the radar Shillelagh. Even walked onto airliners with it.

Small SAK's; simply the very best little size pocket knife you can carry. Only thing that comes close is the small keychain size Leatherman tools like the micra and squirt.
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline TonySal

• join The American Legion Family - since 1919
Reply #98 on: April 14, 2017, 11:56:37 PM
Agree cbl, thanks for the response.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #99 on: April 15, 2017, 01:47:57 PM
Thanks, sometimes I fall for the blade to take out advancing enemy paratroopers - and that knife is never used, ...open wine, tighten a little screw, Anyone got a little scissors?! SAK!

Got a drawer full, little knives are cool, add SAk functions, extra cool!   :cheers:

I think the knife industry preys on that fantasy stuff. The whole so called "tactical" knife thing is based on perceived[/i use of the knife. There seems to be a very business target now than say 30 years ago. People used to carry small one or two bladed jack's and penknives for everyday cutting. Now it seems like they won't walk out the door without a knife capable of taking out Chinese paratroopers or killing zombies. The market is driven by an artificially created need for over built, over hyped, and over priced knives that for all the bulk and cost are just a one trick pony. Yes, they will baton a steel pipe or pry open an enemy tank hatch. but replace a watch band, tighten  a loose radiator hose clamp, get splinter out of a finger, unscrew a cover and replace something and screw cover back on, fix an outboard motor on a river, do a simple fix on a motorcycle in the middle of nowhere, tighten eyeglass frame screws, or a hundred other things, and they are  useless.

A small SAK, or even a medium size SAK, gig es you options in an everyday life situation. No, they won't be worth a tinkers d--m if you get in a fight with a half dozen Hell's Angels or a Mexican drug cartel, but they'll open a cold beer or bottle of wine easy. I've been carrying SAK's of all sized for close to 50 years now, and I've never had one let me down. But them I don't get in fights with Hell's Angels chapters or drug cartels. For personal protection I use a gun, or if I'm someplace guns aren't allowed, then a nice stout old Irish Blackthorn walking stick that's an under the radar Shillelagh. Even walked onto airliners with it.

Small SAK's; simply the very best little size pocket knife you can carry. Only thing that comes close is the small keychain size Leatherman tools like the micra and squirt.

I agree again with you, jacknife, but there's place for both in some people's life and needs.
I don't want gunk or food in my pivot, or to try and cut the giant Agaves with a SAK sized blade,

and while I don't fall into the "mall ninja" category, I believe, there are instances where size, length and lock do matter. True, it's 10% of the time, but when you need it you're glad of the carrying the right tool(s) for the job, just like you're glad you carry a SAK everyday the one and only day that it saves your *ss in the middle of a road when your bike needs that screw tightening

As there is no tacticool substitute for a plain screwdriver, there's no way to be successful with a 1.5" blade when you need a 4" reach

of course, and as we always should say, YMMV!  :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline TonySal

Reply #100 on: April 15, 2017, 10:30:48 PM

I agree again with you, jacknife, but there's place for both in some people's life and needs.
I don't want gunk or food in my pivot, or to try and cut the giant Agaves with a SAK sized blade,

and while I don't fall into the "mall ninja" category, I believe, there are instances where size, length and lock do matter. True, it's 10% of the time, but when you need it you're glad of the carrying the right tool(s) for the job, just like you're glad you carry a SAK everyday the one and only day that it saves your *ss in the middle of a road when your bike needs that screw tightening

As there is no tacticool substitute for a plain screwdriver, there's no way to be successful with a 1.5" blade when you need a 4" reach

of course, and as we always should say, YMMV!  :salute:

Thanks, and 'carry' on !
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #101 on: May 14, 2017, 01:43:49 AM
New Waiter!   :cheers:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #102 on: September 15, 2017, 04:53:04 AM
See, iI always fall for the little ones but have to have that Spartan!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #103 on: November 01, 2017, 01:56:14 AM
Any other little ones out there? New and interesting?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: November 01, 2017, 03:57:25 AM
I carried the Classic for decades on my keychain.  Now, that privilege belongs to the MiniChamp II (below middle). Around the house, I have been carrying the 74mm Executive (below far right) and make frequent use of the Leatherman PS4 (below foreground)...

LM PS4 - MiniChamp2 - Executive by NorCal Jim, on Flickr

us Offline TonySal

Reply #105 on: November 02, 2017, 03:41:49 AM
Gotta look into the Executive,  thanks NC Jim
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #106 on: January 13, 2018, 11:11:19 PM
I just ordered a Classic,  having gifted mine to my nephew. Red of course!   Engraved me and wifes initials too.  May be all I need most days.....
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #107 on: January 23, 2018, 04:37:30 PM
I just ordered a Classic,  having gifted mine to my nephew. Red of course!   Engraved me and wifes initials too.  May be all I need most days.....
Ooops, a little Too little me thinks.  :think:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline TonySal

Reply #108 on: January 24, 2018, 02:41:23 AM
Added a SAK little lanyard, with an overhand knot in the middle for a mini-Classic lanyard.
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #109 on: January 24, 2018, 09:55:01 PM
Nice one Tony. Been carrying my "Mountains are Calling..." Classic and loving it
IMG_0384.jpg
* IMG_0384.jpg (Filesize: 340.47 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline TonySal

Reply #110 on: January 25, 2018, 12:02:13 AM
Nice one Tony. Been carrying my "Mountains are Calling..." Classic and loving it
Do you find you use it much or just a cool novelty?
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #111 on: January 25, 2018, 10:05:06 PM

To be honest Tony I spend much of my time in the office and I could cope with a Classic. I use mine for something simple most days. I like the variety of scales they do and I like the message with this one.
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #112 on: January 25, 2018, 11:50:46 PM

To be honest Tony I spend much of my time in the office and I could cope with a Classic. I use mine for something simple most days. I like the variety of scales they do and I like the message with this one.
Agree Bill, nice around lite work with new and interesting scales.  My Benchmade 550 would cause quite a bit of office gossip   :ahhh
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline El Corkscrew

Reply #113 on: January 26, 2018, 12:17:09 AM
These are awl  my little  SAKs.  I used to have a lot more, but they make great gifts and how many do you really need?
WP_20180125_16_12_20_Pro (2).jpg
* WP_20180125_16_12_20_Pro (2).jpg (Filesize: 211.53 KB)
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

us Offline TonySal

Reply #114 on: January 26, 2018, 04:06:26 AM
These are awl  my little  SAKs.  I used to have a lot more, but they make great gifts and how many do you really need?
[/quote
Many more El C... always more!
(Caught the 'awl' pun dude...)  :whistle:
join KNIFE RIGHTS

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #115 on: January 26, 2018, 07:32:45 AM

Nice. But asking that question here Dan ? Ok you did say "need" but ...

You know the answer already ...  always N + 1 ....  :cheers:

Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

us Offline TonySal

Reply #116 on: March 02, 2018, 04:17:37 AM
Likin that red celi classic with me and wifesters initials... nice file, scizzors ok, Not a Spartan but nice min carry w/ quality!
join KNIFE RIGHTS

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #117 on: March 02, 2018, 05:47:57 AM
I began packing my Mighty Minichamp with me a week back after missing the pen and tweezers on the 111 Challenge.  It's a great complement to the bigger SAKs, and I love the look on non-Knight's faces when I use it to sign something! :)
Barry

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #119 on: March 02, 2018, 11:01:51 PM
stop.jpg
* stop.jpg (Filesize: 60.19 KB)
(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
( -.-)  o˫▄▄═ ‑‑‑-----------------------------------     _____⁁[_____}═══════
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%