Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Demel's 2,000 Post Giveaway!!!

Demel · 133 · 6537

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
on: September 22, 2016, 04:17:26 AM
It's finally here!!!!!!!!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Since joining this place I've seen and learned many things. It's started with just looking for information, then buying a few multitools. Then buying some more. Making some friends. Enjoying some laughs. It's been a great time. Just being apart of this place has made life different for me. I've always wanted to host a giveaway but I hit the NLC much quicker than anticipated :facepalm: So instead this will be a 2k GAW.

The prize? How about prizes? That's right. You read correct. Enter for a chance to win one of two prizes.

Leatherman Wave Modded

A Leatherman Wave with Rebar plier head, a custom awl made by Kampfer himself, all possible because of Loki's bits and wrenches. A one of a kind multitool that isn't perfect but is somewhat of a symbol of this place.

Spyderco Native 5 Serrated

A very light and comfortable knife with Spydercos Legendary serrations and great blade steel. What more could you want in a knife?

These two beauties could be yours. All you have to do is have a minimum post count of 200, add your name to the list, and tell us your favorite memory on MTO. Open to International members as well. At the end of two weeks from today I will randomly select the winners. The first will have their pick of which prize they want. The second winner will get the other. :nanadance:

One of my favorite memories to date is the Powernoodle MP600 Burial Thread. I came in about half way but I couldn't wait to see the results. Such bravery and sacrifice. Still one of my favorite threads.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53603.0.html

Oh and the time we blew up a multitool

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55957.0.html

Oh and the history of MTO

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36078.0.html

Who am I kidding. I can't just pick one. So what's yours? Don't forget to add your name to the list. :tu:

00 - Demel

PS, my name doesn't go in the draw, just using that to get the list going
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:19:11 AM by Demel »
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Demel's 2,000 Post Giveaway!!!
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:31:35 AM
Big Congrats on the 2K Demel :like: :like: :like:

Awesome GAW buddy :tu:

I am gonna have to take a min and think about a good memory :think:

Be back in a few :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 04:36:03 AM
I think this one is a bit old but I remember Benner and Mike LOTS told a big tale of a mini meet that they had that involved polar bear hunting :D I am sure I have plenty more than that but that just came into my head for this and I am gonna stick with it :cheers:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,9019.0.html  :rofl:

01 - Poncho65

Thanks again for the chance and congrats on the 2K :like:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:42:14 AM
Congrats on the 2k Demel! My favorite MTO memory was either recently reading through the stories in Huntsman's GAW or my first discovery of MTo, I discovered it through one of Jothra's old treads where he carried a Huntsman to the job site every day and reviewed his experiences with it. I really enjoyed that and eventually i stopped being a lurker and actually joined this place.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,67276.0.html

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,46255.msg753275.html#msg753275

00 - Demel
01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle

Thanks for the opportunity and again congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 04:46:29 AM
The Huntsman GAW stories were a great memory as well :cheers:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 04:48:35 AM
Great GAW Demel, and glad you're a part of this place :salute:
My favorite memory is probably the great million posts challenge .  That was a crazy spam session for weeks, and a lot of fun for me.  Monrogue enjoyed it ;)

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:49:39 AM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 07:00:58 AM
Congrats Demel for the NLC.  :salute:

Your a great member to have around, and add allot to the forum. I have been a recipient of your kindness, when I first joined earlier this year you gifted me a DeWalt multi I only had a question about  :mail: I still have it and it lives in my DeWalt tool bag.  That's a great moment and testament to your character. I've seen you be very generous to everyone here and this GAW is absolutely amazing!!

Just wanted to come in here and say, you da man!  :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:02:35 AM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 07:12:57 AM
That's a fantastic givaway, can't resist.

I have many good memories from this place and that's the reason I'm active here, having neglected other forums that I'm the first in post counts to one or a moderator to the other.

One of my memories is when NKlamerus helped me import some microscope eyepieces from USA. He didn't have to, he won nothing from it, he lost his time, but he did it. Just like that, just because it's MTO. This is another chance to thank him and all those guys who gave me info, knowledge, laughs, relief, mods, gifts, stimuli, camaraderie. 

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 08:12:55 AM
Congrats on hitting 2k Demel! Nice GAW. I lurked here for several months before I signed up and I was made to feel welcome from my first post onward. I really enjoy the picture threads such as SAKs and Coffee. http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61684.0.html  MTO has even made me a better photographer because I learned how to use my camera that had sat unused in a desk drawer so I could participate, and I still can't take pictures half as good as some of the members here.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:14:29 AM by Alan K. »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 08:44:35 AM
Kudos on 2k, and thanks for the GAW!  :salute:

A favorite memory is Lynn's review of that Les Stroud piece of garbage. http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=51479.0
What a fun thread that is. I particularly like reviews of  this nature, pointing out serious flaws of items. Very thorough, well written, and entertaining.  :tu:

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 08:49:11 AM
First of all: congrats on 2000 posts  :cheers:

MTO has been welcoming from the beginning. Everyone is so enthousiastic and helpful.. and all those GAWs, I have never seen this before on a forum!  :clap: :clap:

MTO is a very nice place to hang out which gives many good memories. No hassles, only a lot of enthousiasm for a shared passion.  :drink:

I have been active on all kinds of forums on the internet but they all had one thing in common that was the reason for me to leave: too much arrogance, too much pedants and always hassle between certain members.. it completely ruins the atmosphere for everyone. For example I was a member of a Dutch Chrysler Neon forum (Dodge Neon was branded as Chrysler in Europe), it was a small group of helpful people and it was nice we had the forum, because the Chrysler Neon is a very uncommon car in Europe and everyone learned a lot from each other. Over time irritation started to grow because certain members were always on the prowl to start arguments. At one point the guy who hosted the website was so sick of it he didn't renew the hosting contract, and no one else felt the need to take it over so the whole forum ceased to exist. I slowly see the same proces happening in the Dutch Volvo forum. It's saddening.

But I see absolutely nothing like this here on MTO. That's what makes this such a great place!  :clap: :MTO:

My best memory is when I had a Wenger Director shipped over to Borderlinx, a forwarding service I used many times, and all the sudden they changed the rules and my knife was considered a weapon so they wouldn't ship it abroad anymore. I opened this thread, and many MTO members offered to help (in the thread, and I also received PM's). Joe58 received the knife and forwarded it to me, and now it has a nice place in my display!

Here's to your next 2000 posts, and thanks for hosting this GAW  :cheers:  :cheers:
---
01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 09:11:27 AM by glenfiddich1983 »
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:16 AM
Woah, that is a mighty fine GAW. Also congratz on 2k :cheers: :cheers:

So many favorite memories, but the one I have re-read the most is the infamous search for the Orange Fuse and to quote myself "Well, this thread has everything: sex, crime AND COOKIES"
What can I say, most fori shun the idea of thread derailment, but here we celebrate it as an art form :D. You ask a question that has been answered before - instead of getting the bashing and shaming you deserve, you will get the answer - maybe a polite pointer to the previous thread. In fact this forum is so chummy and friendly, sometimes I forget that this is "just" an internet forum and not friends from around the block.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:45:00 AM
Congrats Demel  :cheers: So many fave memories here, but Harleys GAW was great fun, the crazy lead up to the 10 year celebrations too, I love the glee we all take derailing threads and that people are really chill and good humoured about it. SG's pics are a highlight but mostly it's that you guys make a big difference to my day - always fun to see what adventurous, inovative and fun thing is going down.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - Magentus
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

hr Offline styx

Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 10:12:04 AM
first congrats on the 2k

one of my favorite memories on MTo is when we tested the notion of bomb proof in a MT. the one where we blew it up. well by we i mean someone with access to explosives ;)

another was the million post frenzy. it wasn't about prizes or glory it was to reach a goal for MTO. everyone chipped in, everyone did their part in doing the dirty deed of blaming Kirky for something. it's was nuts, it was fun and it should happen again soon. hopefully

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - Magentus
10 - styx
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 01:30:57 PM
So much good stuff here. Thanks for jumping in guys. It's going to take me awhile to read some of these threads
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 05:48:41 PM
I'm going to back out of this one since I won the Rebar gaw a couple months ago. My favorite post was the one for the 10th anniversary of og members checking in who haven't come on in a while.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 05:52:25 PM
I think Id have to agree with mags, Harley's GAW a while back was loads of fun. My other favorite was organizing last years Christmas Pool (http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,63106.0.html) which was a total blast, and went very smoothly. Getting to see what everyone got was really exciting, and was a very satisfying experience overall.

Congragulations on 2000 Demel (I suppose also I owe you guys a GAW or two). That Native is just :dd: Can I give up my chance at the Wave for an extra shot at the Native?

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - Magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 05:53:37 PM by sLaughterMed »
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

no Offline Grathr

Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 06:52:17 PM
Congrats Demel! :cheers:

The many insane derailments are my favorites. Like kirks test, please ignore thread. Or the legendary WTB orange leatherman fuse thread Etherealicer mentioned earlier.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - Magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 07:15:07 PM
Congrats, Demel!

:cheers: :drink:

Thanks for the incredible absolutelly normal MTo generosity!

:salute: :tu:

As per favourite memories, any thread that comes to mind is always a favourite. For one reason or another, be it by the nonsensical posts, by the generosity showed to others, the effort to help and answer questions, the solidarity in hard times, the joy with the happiness of others...

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos

Show content
Just wanted to add something else...

Show content
Dude!

Sweet!

:kirky:

:nanadance:

:facepalm:

:whistle:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:23:13 PM by pfrsantos »

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 08:19:29 PM
Demel, congrats on 2k and thanks for a generous GAW  :cheers:

I have been blessed to win a couple of GAW's recently so I shall sit this one out   :tu:

Lots of good memories already mentioned  :like:

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
Thanks for the opportunity!   :cheers:

Lots of good memories here; also lots of great members. Hard to pick out just one.   :ahhh

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos
14 - ColoSwiss
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:15:50 AM by ColoSwiss »

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 12:14:53 AM
Looking good guys. Love what's being said so far :cheers:

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 12:43:15 AM
Woah, that is a mighty fine GAW. Also congratz on 2k :cheers: :cheers:

So many favorite memories, but the one I have re-read the most is the infamous search for the Orange Fuse and to quote myself "Well, this thread has everything: sex, crime AND COOKIES"
What can I say, most fori shun the idea of thread derailment, but here we celebrate it as an art form :D. You ask a question that has been answered before - instead of getting the bashing and shaming you deserve, you will get the answer - maybe a polite pointer to the previous thread. In fact this forum is so chummy and friendly, sometimes I forget that this is "just" an internet forum and not friends from around the block.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
Barely got through the first page :rofl: and can see why. If anyone ask what MTO is like send them to that one

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 04:33:40 AM
I'm not in but I did want to say congratulations on hitting 2k!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 06:37:08 AM
Noice. Very Noice.

My favourite memories are probably from back in the day when Benner and Mickey were spamming half as much as Zoidberg does now, and Dunc was making a personal effort to take a picture of a Multi in every stump or fence post that would stand still for long enough.

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos
14 - ColoSwiss
15 - SeaMonster

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 10:47:32 AM
I think my favourite thread is my GAW from last year in which you guys got to name my daughter. It was so much fun and family-like.

And Def's choice of Carnivorax the Titan for the name of a baby girl had in me in stitches laughing for hours...  :rofl:

I don't have a Wave or a Native and wasn't really looking for either, but I just can't say no to a Spyderco... they are so cool and so hard to find here... (especially as I just had to sell all my FRN and my serrated ones).

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos
14 - ColoSwiss
15 - SeaMonster
16 - Corwyn
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:50:43 AM by Corwyn »
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 02:06:50 PM
 :salute: Congrats on hitting 2k. 

Favorite memory  :think: seems like new ones pop up all the time.   I have always enjoyed Chakos pictures of his collection.  I enjoy when Jazzbass comes in to give us detailed info on a SAK a member asks about.  The generosity exhibited here is second to none. 

Good luck everyone, I'll sit this one out.       
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 04:58:15 PM
Just fixing the list... Again!
 :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos
14 - ColoSwiss
15 - Sea Monster
16 - Corwyn

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 10:12:45 PM
I hope this doesn't annoy the Boss but my all time favourite memory must be the 8th anniversary Def Roast!
I must have split my sides through all 5 pages of it.

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,53533.0.html

01 - Poncho65
02 - gdoolittle
03 - Monrogue
04 - kkokkolis
05 - Alan K.
06 - ReamerPunch
07 - glenfiddich1983
08 - Etherealicer
09 - magentus
10 - styx
11 - sLaughterMed
12 - Grathr
13 - pfrsantos
14 - ColoSwiss
15 - Sea Monster
16 - Corwyn
17 - daverobson

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 06:14:39 AM
Hi Demel

Congrats on your 2k - You made it to 2k in half the time I made it to 1k - That's good going (someone do the maths!!)

Thanks for this amazing and generous GAW - Those are some really, really nice prizes.

As for my favourite thread - Well I have lots - some already mentioned (although I must check out the Orange Fuse!!)
  • The Les Stroud test was amazing - Lynn's tests are always so thorough and reasonable, until she goes nuts!! That thread really captured my imaginiation - I pictured our tool (I did see it as ours) on it's way out to Iraq to Harley guy to get blasted (possibly illegally?) by one of our soldiers out there - pretty amazing!!
  • Speaking of Harley I like his posts - always so funny - and his constant pleading for tools is sad but hilarious - And there are many other funny & witty & sometimes crazy folk posting here - Mags  ;)
  • The pictures are amazing I should not call out any names - but I will - I love Zoidy's piccies - Always an interesting MT subject and stunning NZ backdrops - But many many other great photographer posters here
  • I love the big collection and alox shots
  • I have to give Chako's posts a special mention - So much thought, and time, and effort, and great photography, has gone into making those posts - Thanks Chaks - Oh and BTW Chako's info is always better than on the manufacturer's websites
  • I love all the stuff I have learnt here
  • And as a SAK guy interested in tool evolution - I have to mention Jazzbass's amazing posts - Sadly we have lost the pics in those posts now
  • All the GAW posts are fab - as I have said before, I did not even believe them when I first landed here
Hmm long list - sorry folks - But too much to like here  :D  :tu:

But for once choosing my favourite is easy the You may have an MT problem if... thread is definitely my all time favourite. It had me laughing out loud.  :rofl:

So funny, so witty, so sad ....... and so true  :o  ;)

And it really made my day today when I read above that the stories in my GAW thread made that thread gdoolittle and (one of) Poncho's favourites  .......  although there could be ano reason it was GD's favourite !!  ;)  :o  :D

I did very well on GAWs last year - So will sit this one out - But great, great prizes and thanks again Demel
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:29:09 AM by Huntsman »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD