Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PRICE CHECK | Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary

Offline Falco

PRICE CHECK | Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary
on: September 11, 2016, 09:53:23 PM
I hope this is allowed to post in this specific section, if not please let me know.

I have a Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary that I would like to get appraised.
It's signed by Tim Leatherman himself on the DKE in 2015! (Dutch Knife Exhibition)
Pictures are below.

http://imgur.com/W3xw7MN.jpg
http://imgur.com/yp6e78b.jpg
http://imgur.com/uOJTRjh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5y4zydZ.jpg

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: PRICE CHECK | Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 11:28:57 PM
You would have to do a "market analysis", i.e., compare it to other Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary on eBay, etc.  But I don't see any on eBay, so its hard to compare them isn't it?.  :)   As to the signature, that's one of those things that may (probably) add value, but that's very subjective.  The only way to really hone in on the current value is to look for the last few that have sold online.  That may not be easy.  Its a nice collector piece!

Offline Falco

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:31:26 PM
You would have to do a "market analysis", i.e., compare it to other Leatherman Charge TTi 30 year anniversary on eBay, etc.  But I don't see any on eBay, so its hard to compare them isn't it?.  :)   As to the signature, that's one of those things that may (probably) add value, but that's very subjective.  The only way to really hone in on the current value is to look for the last few that have sold online.  That may not be easy.  Its a nice collector piece!
Thank you for your information powernoodle, it's appreciated! :)

It's indeed hard to value something without much information in terms of the current value.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 12:20:54 AM
They were selling new for 599€ and UK was £400. Texas Tool Crafters was selling them without the xxxx/1000 print for $195 if my memory serves me right.

Now the signature may probably add a bit to the value, how much, I'm not sure. Depends on the person buying it and if there are more than one buyers interested in it to drive the price up. As Tim travels the world and signs multitools on most shows he attends, probably not that much extra.

Offline Falco

Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:10:15 PM
They were selling new for 599€ and UK was £400. Texas Tool Crafters was selling them without the xxxx/1000 print for $195 if my memory serves me right.

Now the signature may probably add a bit to the value, how much, I'm not sure. Depends on the person buying it and if there are more than one buyers interested in it to drive the price up. As Tim travels the world and signs multitools on most shows he attends, probably not that much extra.
Thank you for the info.
The one sold by Texas Tool Crafters is $215, without the limited number and signature. (And obviously, the real signature by Tim)

I wish someone could value this leatherman, but I think it's hard.  :-\

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 09:17:07 PM
You could list it on E-bay with a high reserve let it run for a week and see what happens. Could give you a good indication of value.

Offline Falco

Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 09:41:48 PM
You could list it on E-bay with a high reserve let it run for a week and see what happens. Could give you a good indication of value.

Thank you!

Offline Falco

Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:39:57 PM
Seems like I can only put my reserve at $500 on ebay because I haven't sold anything on ebay yet. So I don't think that's an option right now.

Anyone else have an idea on how much this piece is worth?

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 02:09:04 AM
My guess is under $300 for following reasons:
- The TTC factor
- Relatively new release
- There is a guy selling BO Charge Ti and XTi for $250/pc. Those are RARE. I think it took him a few months for the right buyers to show up.
- I think there is also a guy from Indonesia wanting to offload his year of the monkey version for $450-500 unsuccessfully. That is a much prettier one
- Tim Letterman's sig, depending on which model he signs, may not worth much

IMO, limited-released Leatherman tools are over-priced, except maybe the 25th anni silver Charge.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 02:18:50 AM by chrono »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD