Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Invicta Pro Diver 824

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 18,157 Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Invicta Pro Diver
« on: October 01, 2016, 09:48:14 PM »
I was at one of the local pawn shops and spied this Invicta Watch sitting in one of their display cases. I had always wanted one, and this one was a very nice one. I got it for quite the deal, paying a little over 60 dollars for it. The guy told me the box probably didn't belong to it...but I thought it did. After a little online research, it does.

This is a brand spanking new Invicta Pro Diver Model 0076. For the price I paid for this one...I think I may need to visit these places more often.  :facepalm:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,507 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Invicta Pro Diver
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
Nice find, I got me a few invictas, I must say there a pretty nice watch..
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
Sr. Member Posts: 361
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
Very good find.

John
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,538
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:49:03 PM »
SCOOOOOOOOORE.   

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:22 PM »
Wore it for the first time today...man this is a heavy thick watch, at least compared to my Casio Pathfinder.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
Looks good Chako..
JR

No Life Club Posts: 1,035
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 11:47:17 PM »
Great score!!!!!!! I have several Invicta watches and they are a great buy. The only down side(and I hope it isn't typical)is if you have to send it in for service.A case in point:
I bought an Invicta Masters of the Ocean dive watch at an antique shop that was missing the cover for the screw drown crown. I paid $40 for the watch after checking with Invicta to see about repairing it. They said to send it in with $28 to cover shipping costs and they would provide an estimate of cost to repair it. The cheapest I have seen one of this model is over $250 so I figured it might be worth investing a couple of dollars.
Sent it in the beginning of May according to their instructions.After 3 weeks of not hearing anything I decided to call their number.Bad mistake. After getting a recording saying that I was 26th in line to speak to an assistant and the wait time would be approximately 40 minutes(it was over an hour) I got a human(?) who said hello and then disconnected when I didn't reply in 3 seconds!
I tried using their website and finally got a response from someone who informed me that my repairs would run $42 and they couldn't start work on it until payment was made. I told them I would pay by postal money order as I don't use credit cards and she gave me a work order number and an address to send it to. I mailed it the next day.
After another 3 weeks of not hearing I tried the phone again.Twice. First time I waited another hour and the second time almost the same amount and finally got another human(?) I gave her the info and asked how they were progressing.She informed me that it would be another NINETY DAYS! before I would get it back!.
Well today is the 3rd of October and I FINALLY got the watch back about two weeks ago.In all fairness I must say that the packaging was superb.It was packed inside an inflatable bag that completely surrounded the watch.You could have probably run over it with a truck and it would have survived.The work was good and they gave it a nice polish to the extent that I thought they sent me a new watch!
I just hope I never have to send them another one.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 01:22:02 AM »
Yes, I have read online that their customer service is atrocious.

I wore the watch to work today, and man this thing is heavy. Funny how folks ignore my Casio Pathfinder but are drawn to this brick like a magnet.  :think:

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 01:54:13 AM »
Yes, I have read online that their customer service is atrocious.

I wore the watch to work today, and man this thing is heavy. Funny how folks ignore my Casio Pathfinder but are drawn to this brick like a magnet.  :think:
They are heavy, and yeah they do like to be looked at!
JR

No Life Club Posts: 1,078 Find me if you can...
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:25:24 AM »
I would advise you guys not to fall for Invicta's hyper-inflated MSRP trick. I often see close to 90% off Invicta watches on sites like Woot.com . Many of their $700+ MSRP watches do not even have sapphire glass or Swiss-made components. 

And yup, they are built like tanks, literally  :tu:
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »
Of course. There is no way that a watch with a MSRP of 895 sells at the pawn shop for a little over 60 dollars. I checked online and the going price was around 150 to 220 dollars...which means I still got a deal. I think I paid well for it, and it is a nice looking watch that so far has been accurate. After looking at the Invicta website, I can tell I have one of the more tasteful watches. Most of their offerings I wouldn't buy let alone wear just based on looks.

Another shot taken while I was going home after work. Photo taken at a red light, blindly shooting with a DSLR in the other hand.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
December Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: $270.00
PayPal Fees: $16.88
Net Balance: $253.12
Below Goal: $46.88