Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Invicta Pro Diver

Chako · 11 · 1594

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Invicta Pro Diver
on: October 01, 2016, 09:48:14 PM
I was at one of the local pawn shops and spied this Invicta Watch sitting in one of their display cases. I had always wanted one, and this one was a very nice one. I got it for quite the deal, paying a little over 60 dollars for it. The guy told me the box probably didn't belong to it...but I thought it did. After a little online research, it does.

This is a brand spanking new Invicta Pro Diver Model 0076. For the price I paid for this one...I think I may need to visit these places more often.  :facepalm:

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Invicta Pro Diver
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:35:05 PM
Nice find, I got me a few invictas, I must say there a pretty nice watch..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 10:37:58 PM
Very good find.

John

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 11:49:03 PM
SCOOOOOOOOORE.   

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 11:16:22 PM
Wore it for the first time today...man this is a heavy thick watch, at least compared to my Casio Pathfinder.

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 11:58:35 PM
Looks good Chako..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 11:47:17 PM
Great score!!!!!!! I have several Invicta watches and they are a great buy. The only down side(and I hope it isn't typical)is if you have to send it in for service.A case in point:
I bought an Invicta Masters of the Ocean dive watch at an antique shop that was missing the cover for the screw drown crown. I paid $40 for the watch after checking with Invicta to see about repairing it. They said to send it in with $28 to cover shipping costs and they would provide an estimate of cost to repair it. The cheapest I have seen one of this model is over $250 so I figured it might be worth investing a couple of dollars.
Sent it in the beginning of May according to their instructions.After 3 weeks of not hearing anything I decided to call their number.Bad mistake. After getting a recording saying that I was 26th in line to speak to an assistant and the wait time would be approximately 40 minutes(it was over an hour) I got a human(?) who said hello and then disconnected when I didn't reply in 3 seconds!
I tried using their website and finally got a response from someone who informed me that my repairs would run $42 and they couldn't start work on it until payment was made. I told them I would pay by postal money order as I don't use credit cards and she gave me a work order number and an address to send it to. I mailed it the next day.
After another 3 weeks of not hearing I tried the phone again.Twice. First time I waited another hour and the second time almost the same amount and finally got another human(?) I gave her the info and asked how they were progressing.She informed me that it would be another NINETY DAYS! before I would get it back!.
Well today is the 3rd of October and I FINALLY got the watch back about two weeks ago.In all fairness I must say that the packaging was superb.It was packed inside an inflatable bag that completely surrounded the watch.You could have probably run over it with a truck and it would have survived.The work was good and they gave it a nice polish to the extent that I thought they sent me a new watch!
I just hope I never have to send them another one.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 01:22:02 AM
Yes, I have read online that their customer service is atrocious.

I wore the watch to work today, and man this thing is heavy. Funny how folks ignore my Casio Pathfinder but are drawn to this brick like a magnet.  :think:

us Online MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 01:54:13 AM
Yes, I have read online that their customer service is atrocious.

I wore the watch to work today, and man this thing is heavy. Funny how folks ignore my Casio Pathfinder but are drawn to this brick like a magnet.  :think:
They are heavy, and yeah they do like to be looked at!
JR

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 06:25:24 AM
I would advise you guys not to fall for Invicta's hyper-inflated MSRP trick. I often see close to 90% off Invicta watches on sites like Woot.com . Many of their $700+ MSRP watches do not even have sapphire glass or Swiss-made components. 

And yup, they are built like tanks, literally  :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: October 22, 2016, 01:38:58 PM
Of course. There is no way that a watch with a MSRP of 895 sells at the pawn shop for a little over 60 dollars. I checked online and the going price was around 150 to 220 dollars...which means I still got a deal. I think I paid well for it, and it is a nice looking watch that so far has been accurate. After looking at the Invicta website, I can tell I have one of the more tasteful watches. Most of their offerings I wouldn't buy let alone wear just based on looks.

Another shot taken while I was going home after work. Photo taken at a red light, blindly shooting with a DSLR in the other hand.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44