Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Picked up some Platypus soft bottles.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Picked up some Platypus soft bottles.
on: October 14, 2016, 09:42:06 PM
I recently had the chance to snag several Platypus soft bottles,  been wanting one for a little while.  I got four 2L and two 1L.  These are BPA, BP, and phthalate-free those interested.  They are pretty tough tho being soft bottle they can puncture.  I like being able to fold them away when finished with the water.  I also like having one in my emergency evacuation bag. 

I typically I use a camelbak bladder but there are times when I just bring my stainless steel bottle.  These are nice to have when I know I can get water at my destination, saving some weight along the way.   
IMG_1671 copy.jpg
* IMG_1671 copy.jpg (Filesize: 166.89 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Re: Picked up some Platypus soft bottles.
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:32:40 PM
 :tu:

I have the Source Liquitainers, which are a similar thing, and I really like them. There's two ways of using them, either as fresh water carry, or as pre-filtered water carry if you have a purifier with you (I have a TravelTap purifier bottle). If using them for unpurified carry, their lay flat design makes it a lot easier to collect water from a shallow brook than a rigid bottle.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 07:20:07 AM
:tu:

I have the Source Liquitainers, which are a similar thing, and I really like them. There's two ways of using them, either as fresh water carry, or as pre-filtered water carry if you have a purifier with you (I have a TravelTap purifier bottle). If using them for unpurified carry, their lay flat design makes it a lot easier to collect water from a shallow brook than a rigid bottle.

I like the idea of having the soft bottle for exactly the reason you give.  Its a nice option when a viable water source is within the surrounding area one plans on trekking.  Add the appropriate filter and one should be good to go.   
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 08:36:55 AM
Haven't got a foldable bottle myself, but I do keep an empty plastic lightweight bottle in my workbag.
When I'm being send further away, I've got something to full up somewhere along the way, in case I feel I'm gonna need it.

So I'm guessing that we're both pretty close with ideas on that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G388F met Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD