Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Lazy Man's Adjustable Wrench...........

Offline Ray S

• No Life Club
The Lazy Man's Adjustable Wrench...........
on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:34 PM
Bought this little critter at a garage sale today only because it is probably the most ridiculous(well almost)thing I have ever seen:A Black & Decker AutoWrench:an adjustable wrench powered by two AAA batteries that run the jaw in and out(via a switch on the top) so you don't have to get callouses on your fingers turning the knurled nut.Even has a scale on each side(one metric;the other USA)to tell you which wrench to get after you get sick of fooling around with this one. In all seriousness(something I find difficult to do)it looks to be pretty good quality even though it doesn't have serrated jaws for gripping.It is actually quite light in weight due to it's construction. I'll keep it around as a unique tool and it only set me back a dollar.
Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 001.jpg
* Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 001.jpg (Filesize: 58.33 KB)
Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 002.jpg
* Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 002.jpg (Filesize: 56.13 KB)
Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 004.jpg
* Black&DeckerAutoWrench2016-1 004.jpg (Filesize: 71.17 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Re: The Lazy Man's Adjustable Wrench...........
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 12:05:33 AM
I have one, from new. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Bad design, with weak motor and a cheap rubber band (from what I remember)
I do still use it.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 12:39:00 PM
I'm in the club.  Bought mine new some 10 years plus ago at Target.  Marked down it was under $10. I believe it still has the sticker on it.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 12:50:19 PM
I have one, from new. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Bad design, with weak motor and a cheap rubber band (from what I remember)
I do still use it.

Reading this, I just remembered...

Show content

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 01:06:48 AM
I've seen those for sale a number of times, and I always kind of roll my eyes at them.  Mind you, I also used to roll my eyes at electric screwdrivers, and I have two of them now, and have had more than a few of them over the years, so what do I know?

As I start to develop wonderful things like carpal tunnel, and see how it has really affected my father I start to appreciate these kinds of tools.  Dad loves his SOG because of the Compound Leverage just like I love my electric screwdrivers.  I have to wonder if we wouldn't both benefit from one of these, although I would hope to find a decent one.... unfortunately though it doesn't seem like the companies that make serious" tools don't seem to have much interest in making one.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%