Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wingman vs the new T series knives?

Offline stugumby

Wingman vs the new T series knives?
on: September 02, 2019, 10:40:46 PM
seems the Wingman is the same price as the T4 knife, other than the pliers most of the same features and the inclusion of a different type screwdriver/awl. Same for the Rev vs the T2. poblem which one is best for me, ive already got the Rev and Wingman/Sidekick and really dont use them much, got them as new toys etc. The Rev has a weird grip when using the pliers but for the same price as the T2 its maybe one step better due to the pliers. Also I was on Leathermans website and didnt see the Rev anywhere on it including the retired section. Im going to wait for the xmas sales from the big retailers before i take the T series plunge to see if the prices drop a bit. Local stores dont carry any of the free series yet to get my own hands on feel for them.Your thoughts??

us Offline genevabuck

• No Life Club
Re: Wingman vs the new T series knives?
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 11:07:24 PM
A thing to think about when looking at a Wingman is that they have spring action pliers, which have their advantages and disadvantages.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 03:26:33 AM
Apples versus oranges. The Free T4 is more of a "flagship" type tool that is expensive. THe Wingman is more aimed at those who would buy a Sheffield or WorkPro--it's an entry level tool; designed to be affordable (although the price has skyrockets to $50; when they used to be $30-40 not long ago). But it's not really bad. Its pliers are really robust; and the main reason I"m looking at getting one is its outside accessible scissors.

Offline stugumby

Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 11:39:01 PM
The handle spread for the rev/wing/sidekick etc is kinda wide, once you hold the swisstool spirit its really hard to go back to any other, next best is the wave and pulse, those rounded edges rule.

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:32:38 PM
I prefer leatherman style tools (pliers) over the SAK style because of the pliers. Besides a knife, hands down my most used tool. If I could have a full sized box wrench on my LM, I would.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD