Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SMKW Vendor Rep weekend

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
SMKW Vendor Rep weekend
on: October 23, 2016, 09:08:44 PM
I have been to the Vendor Rep Weekend at the SMKW before and some years have been better than others :tu: A few years ago I was disappointed by it and decided not to go back :facepalm: This year seemed like it may a bit better so I decided to give it a try again :tu: Well I went yesterday and was really impressed  :like: The reps were very friendly and I even had a good chat with a couple of them :cheers: The Vic guy was very friendly and I let my little girl put a set of scales on a Spartan  :tu: It is digicamo pink and I will put some pics up of that :cheers: I talked to the Leatherman rep and after talking a while and me.with my MTO shirt on ;) Told me that November 19th Tim Leatherman is coming to SMKW and going sign tools :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh Needless to saw I was a bit over the moon with this new and will be going back in a month :dd: I also got to meet Neal James from Call of the Wildman and also Dave Canterbury :o I will try later and put some of these pics up as well :tu: Very great day yesterday and was pleased with the way it turned out :like:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Re: SMKW Vendor Rep weekend
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:26:28 AM
Sounds fantastic mate.  Did you take any pics? :pok:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 02:44:13 PM
Sounds fantastic mate.  Did you take any pics? :pok:

Yes I do but with my home internet down (hopefully fixed by today or tomorrow) it is more of a chore to put pics up so I just haven't gotten around to it yet :whistle: :D

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:09:50 PM
Officially jealous right now  :salute:.  Do you know which LM tool you would like Tim Leatherman to sign? 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 04:15:36 PM
Officially jealous right now  :salute:.  Do you know which LM tool you would like Tim Leatherman to sign?

I told my wife not to be to embarrassed with the box I am gonna take :whistle: :rofl: I have several in mind as of now but I am gonna try to get a couple if the line isn't to bad :tu:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 05:14:09 PM
I'm going to try and see if I can make the drive!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 06:50:09 PM

Would be good to have a mini meet there at SMKW then :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 06:53:41 PM
My little girl and Neal James of Call of the Wildman :cheers: He was a super nice person and all around as normal a person from my area as you can get :tu: He played the banjo and sang a couple songs with my little girl as well :ahhh He signed a few things and since it wasn't really announced who was gonna be there at the Knife Works there was really no line to meet him :o :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 06:55:45 PM
Here is a pic of my baby girl putting the scales on a Spartan (she picked pink digicamo) :cheers: I got to make one a few years ago and figured she might enjoy this better and she sure did :tu: The Vic guy was really nice as well :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 07:00:24 PM
My little girl, Dave Cantebury and Me :D I was really excited to see Dave here as well :ahhh He was a really nice guy as well and he brought a crew of people with him and had quite a bit of stuff to buy from him and he was at different counters over the few days and he also done some demonstrations :cheers: I bought the BushCraft 101 book of his and got it signed as well :like: Again if not for FaceBook I wouldn't have known that him or Neal were going to be there and no line really for him either :cheers: Great day and some cool memories :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:13:40 PM
 :dd: 2200 miles away from me.  I hope Mr Tim Leatherman will be closer to me at some point.  A signed LM tool(s) would be the ultimate. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 10:54:02 PM

:tu: will let you know if I can make it

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 10:58:53 PM

:tu: will let you know if I can make it

I am planning on it and really hope nothing prevents me from going :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 11:00:27 PM
:dd: 2200 miles away from me.  I hope Mr Tim Leatherman will be closer to me at some point.  A signed LM tool(s) would be the ultimate.

I really hope that if nothing prevents me from going that I don't get overly excited and run off and leave my LM at home :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D Guess I would either buy a new one to get signed or he could sign my Vic :whistle: :rofl:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: October 25, 2016, 06:58:26 AM

I really hope that if nothing prevents me from going that I don't get overly excited and run off and leave my LM at home :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D Guess I would either buy a new one to get signed or he could sign my Vic :whistle: :rofl:

Put them in the car now  :tu:.  I don't know which I have him sign if I could only have him sign one  :think:.  I thought the Crunch would be cool to be signed, I wonder how many of those he signed?  I have also thought my JPST would be cool.  Hmm  :think: maybe my Surge.   
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 08:10:56 AM
Please, for non USA members:

What is SMKW...???

:think:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 01:38:32 PM

What is SMKW...???

It is Smoky Mountain Knife Works is Sevierville, Tennessee, USA. World's largest knife showcase. They have pretty much every current LM, Vic, Sog, Gerber, and all knife brands.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 01:41:42 PM
I think I read that it is 108,000 sq feet

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 01:56:24 PM
Looks like a fantastic day mate. :cheers:  I'd love to get the chance to meet Dave Canterbury. 
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline LoopCutter

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 02:14:08 PM
Thank you for sharing with us your visit to SMKW and the pictures of your special day with the daughter.

+1 LIKE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 04:22:35 PM

What is SMKW...???

Guess I should have put that in the first post  :oops: :cheers: Thanks gdoolittle for clarifying :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 04:24:43 PM
Looks like a fantastic day mate. :cheers:  I'd love to get the chance to meet Dave Canterbury.

It was great but I went all school girl and didn't know what to say and my wife and little girl made fun of me the rest of the day for it :facepalm: :D Seemed like a really nice and genuine guy though :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 04:26:16 PM
Thank you for sharing with us your visit to SMKW and the pictures of your special day with the daughter.

+1 LIKE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks LC she really enjoyed the day but almost didn't go as she is normally bored out of her mind unless I am actually buying her something ATM :rofl: She said she liked it better than me this time though :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 04:49:07 PM

It was great but I went all school girl and didn't know what to say and my wife and little girl made fun of me the rest of the day for it :facepalm: :D Seemed like a really nice and genuine guy though :tu:

:rofl:

Well maybe you'll have something to say to Tim Leatherman when you get back there.  Dave Canterbury seems to be very down to earth from what I can tell.  What was he carrying?  Could you see anything on his belt?

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 05:14:21 PM

:rofl:

Well maybe you'll have something to say to Tim Leatherman when you get back there.  Dave Canterbury seems to be very down to earth from what I can tell.  What was he carrying?  Could you see anything on his belt?

His flannel shirt was covering his belt and anything he would have been carrying and of course I didn't think to ask :facepalm: am sure he was carrying some sort of sharp though as all his crew seemed to be :like: I think his dad was with them as well as I heard him saying something about his dad being there and they looked a lot alike :tu: He had a neck knife with a stag handle on him :cheers: So you know Dave had a knife as well, of course everyone walking around had 1 or 3 knives on them :D

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 06:23:22 PM
Sounds like a great day   :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 09:39:19 PM
Sounds like a great day   :like: :like:

It was an for once nobody was bugging me to leave :rofl:

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: October 26, 2016, 12:32:42 PM

What is SMKW...???

It is Smoky Mountain Knife Works is Sevierville, Tennessee, USA. World's largest knife showcase. They have pretty much every current LM, Vic, Sog, Gerber, and all knife brands.

Thank you

I have navigated through their shop with StreetView and is impressive!  :drool:

us Offline wonderwolf

Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 02:48:47 AM
Interesting! I would like to go next year if possible, I've just recently moved to TN and learning my immediate area still but I knew SMKW was around here somewhere.   What facebook page were you following that clued you in? just SMKW's page?
"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow" - The Edge

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 07:46:38 PM
Interesting! I would like to go next year if possible, I've just recently moved to TN and learning my immediate area still but I knew SMKW was around here somewhere.   What facebook page were you following that clued you in? just SMKW's page?

Yes just there regular FB page :cheers: It is always sometime in October though :tu: Always on Fri, Sat and Sun as well :cheers: If not for the individual people aboves FB pages though I don't know if they ever tell who is going to be there other than their vendor representatives though :tu: I only knew they were going a day or so before :ahhh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%