Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I think I found him...

nl Offline spydutch

I think I found him...
on: October 24, 2016, 10:40:42 AM
.... my ultimate SAK that is :D

When I bought a few years ago it I didn't like it very much. I hated how the (to me) useless file rubbed the spine of the blade and the handle hurt as heck with that pesky key ring loop :rant:
Over the course of time the loop was removed and at one time I decided to turn the file into an awl.

As I joined this forum I grew up a bit thanks to you guys and got a little less anal about scratches and scuff marks.

And now this little alox pocket tool has been my main SAK for the past 2 weeks. Don't feel the need to carry another one at the moment.
The Cadet is thin, sturdy and does everything I come across on a daily basis. It's almost like a shrunken down Pioneer  :D
Together with a small one hander (mostly Spydie Ladybug or Squeak) I'm ready for any cutting task that crosses my path.

Maybe I should join Magentus' club  :think:  :D

Here's the little one:

Just wanted to share  ;)

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: I think I found him...
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:26:44 PM

When I bought a few years ago it I didn't like it very much. I hated how the (to me) useless file rubbed the spine of the blade and the handle hurt as heck with that pesky key ring loop :rant:
Over the course of time the loop was removed and at one time I decided to turn the file into an awl.

As I joined this forum I grew up a bit thanks to you guys and got a little less anal about scratches and scuff marks.

And now this little alox pocket tool has been my main SAK for the past 2 weeks. Don't feel the need to carry another one at the moment.
The Cadet is thin, sturdy and does everything I come across on a daily basis. It's almost like a shrunken down Pioneer  :D
Together with a small one hander (mostly Spydie Ladybug or Squeak) I'm ready for any cutting task that crosses my path.

Here's the little one:

Just wanted to share  ;)
Nice one spydutch  :salute: Get on over to the SAKMC - Monrogue is lonely in there!
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gr Offline firiki

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:34:40 PM
Nice one spydutch  :salute: Get on over to the SAKMC - Monrogue is lonely in there!

Which explains why he's secretly fondling the TiRoguaneer when the... chance... arises  ::)

@spydutch: :tu: :tu: Have you thought about putting an edge on that awl? That would make it a sort of combo combo tool; awl, small blade and nail file  8)
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 12:47:46 PM

Which explawlns why he's sawlcrawltly fawlndling the TiRoguawlneer when the... chawlnce... awlrises  ::)

@spydutch: :tu: :tu: Have you thought about putting an edge on that awl? That would make it a sort of combo combo tool; awl, smawll blade and nail file  8)
Are you ok firiki? I can't see a single Awl pun in your last post. I have added them for you just in case this is an oversight on your part. I hope you get better soon.  :salute:

us Offline JamesJ

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
I'm a heavy user of nail files and also like inline awls and that's a pretty cool mod...I often look at a SAK and think, "why cant there be a nail file on the side of this bottle cap lifter?" or something. You still have the nail file ability and an awl. :tu: :tu: :tu:
-JJL
instagram: jamesjlarue (warning, lots of cat pics along with the SAKs)

gr Offline firiki

Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 02:40:48 PM

Which explawlns why he's sawlcrawltly fawlndling the TiRoguawlneer when the... chawlnce... awlrises  ::)

@spydutch: :tu: :tu: Have you thought about putting an edge on that awl? That would make it a sort of combo combo tool; awl, smawll blade and nail file  8)
Are you ok firiki? I can't see a single Awl pun in your last post. I have added them for you just in case this is an oversight on your part. I hope you get better soon.  :salute:

Sawlong as people feel an insawlubrious need to make awl puns I'm just great, thank you for asking, magentus  >:D

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 02:45:18 PM
That's ok then, or dare I say that's awlright

gr Offline firiki

Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 02:53:21 PM

How many more before you start to jawlt, I wonder...  :P

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 02:54:09 PM

Here's the little one:

Just wanted to share  ;)

Good for you!  :cheers: It's a nice feeling when you get a knife or tool that really suits what you need in terms of features and ergonomics. I think you get an extra boost when it's a mod you've done, as you know you contributed to the outcome, you made it happen.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 03:07:32 PM

How many more before you start to jawlt, I wonder...  :P
Oh, I can pun awl night my friend. And part of every day.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 03:08:47 PM
Hard to go wrong with a Cadet.  I like your file mod as well. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 03:12:41 PM
My Cadet 2 gets a lot of pocket time.  Quite a robust little tool that pairs well with many things.  Nice mod as well  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 04:50:50 PM

Which explains why he's secretly fondling the TiRoguaneer when the... chance... arises  ::)

@spydutch: :tu: :tu: Have you thought about putting an edge on that awl? That would make it a sort of combo combo tool; awl, small blade and nail file  8)

I DID put an edge on it firiki.  :)
About the same as on a Alox Pioneer   ;)

Sorry for the bad pic. The best I could do with the dark overcast over here  :rant:

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 05:08:05 PM
Brilliant mod!!

It's hard to go wrong with a cadet, modded or not. Great little edc pocket knife.  :tu:
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Great idea and mod! I'm tempted to try it myself.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 06:35:22 PM
Nice! :tu: I really like that awl mod as well!
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

dk Offline T14

• Embrace the SAK
Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 07:13:33 PM
Great mod! Good on ya Spydutch.  :tu:

I love the 84mm alox frame. And an inline awl is always the bees knees. I'll have to add this idea to the laundry list of stuff to try out for myself.
-Tom
All I know is that I don't know anything - but I can't prove it!

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 09:59:18 AM

Here's the little one:

Just wanted to share  ;)

Thanx man  :tu: :salute:
I'll give it a few more weeks and maybe then I'll keep Monroque company  :D

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 10:02:02 AM
I'm a heavy user of nail files and also like inline awls and that's a pretty cool mod...I often look at a SAK and think, "why cant there be a nail file on the side of this bottle cap lifter?" or something. You still have the nail file ability and an awl. :tu: :tu: :tu:

Well now that would be something  :drool:
Maybe such a SAK will kck my Cadet out of my pocket  :cheers:

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #19 on: October 25, 2016, 10:02:47 AM
Great mod! Good on ya Spydutch.  :tu:

I love the 84mm alox frame. And an inline awl is always the bees knees. I'll have to add this idea to the laundry list of stuff to try out for myself.
-Tom

Thanx man  :cheers:

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2016, 10:03:29 AM
Nice! :tu: I really like that awl mod as well!

Thanx man  :cheers:

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 10:04:31 AM
Great idea and mod! I'm tempted to try it myself.

:cheers:

nl Offline spydutch

Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 10:05:14 AM
Brilliant mod!!

It's hard to go wrong with a cadet, modded or not. Great little edc pocket knife.  :tu:

Thanx much Carl  :cheers:

gr Offline firiki

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 12:14:16 PM

I DID put an edge on it firiki.  :)
About the same as on a Alox Pioneer   ;)

Sorry for the bad pic. The best I could do with the dark overcast over here  :rant:

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about :tu: Good job, I like how that looks!

Somehow I had the impression you only made the thing pointy :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59