Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello people!!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Hello people!!
Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 09:48:05 AM
I meant no offence intended calling someone "rebels."  In my opinion, "rebel" is not a negative term, and I couldn't recall the exact conditions for what happened.

Thanks for the info.  I really like the cocking mechanism of this unit, and I have been looking for one like it, with no luck.

Def
I've got a small crossbow on the attic of my parents that can be cocked like an airgun...
by bending it and straighten it again, it grabs the elastic band and places it on the trigger mechanism.

I'll look into the brand name next time I'm there if you want?

I can't say no to an offer like that!

Def
Been there yesterday and looked it up in case you would like me to.

It's a Cobra System.

Not HQ (lot's of hard plastic, which does seem durably made), but actualy shoots quite hard and accurate.

I'm sure you can find something similar with better quality after some searching online.

https://www.amazon.com/K-8025-Cocking-Tactical-Crossbow-80-Pound/dp/B00NZ8O1AY

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 11:54:29 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Speaking of crossbows...I have armed my guard cats with the latest in Ear Swap Weaponry.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 01:22:10 PM
I meant no offence intended calling someone "rebels."  In my opinion, "rebel" is not a negative term, and I couldn't recall the exact conditions for what happened.

Thanks for the info.  I really like the cocking mechanism of this unit, and I have been looking for one like it, with no luck.

Def
I've got a small crossbow on the attic of my parents that can be cocked like an airgun...
by bending it and straighten it again, it grabs the elastic band and places it on the trigger mechanism.

Def

It's a Cobra System.

Not HQ (lot's of hard plastic, which does seem durably made), but actualy shoots quite hard and accurate.

I'm sure you can find something similar with better quality after some searching online.

That's pretty cool!

You can buy them here, but technically pistol crossbows are illegal here in Canada. I believe 500mm is the minimum length for a crossbow, and that it requires two hands for use. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: October 30, 2016, 01:27:41 PM

Def

Def

It's a Cobra System.

That's pretty cool!

You can buy them here, but technically pistol crossbows are illegal here in Canada. I believe 500mm is the minimum length for a crossbow, and that it requires two hands for use. 

Def

The cocking action is two handed though!
one hand to press the release button, the other one to take the front handle and bend it.

So 2 hand operation, but lightning fast reload :D

I'll see in measuring it next time.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44