Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Feature, the Multitool.org Multitool Minute

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: New Feature, the Multitool.org Multitool Minute
Reply #180 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:22 AM
New Page Dance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

Much better.  :like:
I like the cut to the close-up for the bulk of the video. I would still prefer it even closer though and perhaps a surface that contrasts better with the tool (white perhaps?). Actually the first video in this thread was almost there in that respect.

Other than that, pretty good.  :tu:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:33:33 AM by Syncop8r »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #181 on: October 31, 2017, 07:28:46 AM
:imws: plus the cut from detail to overview at the end lost some audio. Otherwise, apart from audio quality generally (muted, no treble) it's getting there :tu:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #182 on: October 31, 2017, 10:19:40 AM
Very nice boss.
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #183 on: October 31, 2017, 12:14:56 PM
Send me a PM. I have some ideas.

PM sent.   :tu:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #184 on: October 31, 2017, 12:19:15 PM
New Page Dance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

Much better.  :like:
I like the cut to the close-up for the bulk of the video. I would still prefer it even closer though and perhaps a surface that contrasts better with the tool (white perhaps?). Actually the first video in this thread was almost there in that respect.

Other than that, pretty good.  :tu:

I was trying to figure out what best to use to cover my desk, and I ended up using some carbon fiber cloth that I got for my kayak rudder project but haven't used yet.  I figured folks would appreciate the coolness of a carbon fiber background!

And yeah, I need to get closer closeups like the old episodes.  But, it's a work in progress, and I hope to keep making progress!

I am impressed that the lighting was decent though- I have two work lamps that I use for ambient light to keep from getting distracting shadows everywhere, but one of them blew it's bulb yesterday and so I had to film it with only one light.   :facepalm:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #185 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:52 PM
:imws: plus the cut from detail to overview at the end lost some audio. Otherwise, apart from audio quality generally (muted, no treble) it's getting there :tu:

Yeah, audio issues are significant in these videos.  This is partially due to equipment issues, software issues and my lack of skill.... it's nice to not be 100% to blame for once!

Def

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #186 on: October 31, 2017, 12:44:57 PM

Yeah, audio issues are significant in these videos.  This is partially due to equipment issues, software issues and my lack of skill.... it's nice to not be 100% to blame for once!

Def

Sent you a PM with some comments on the video, boss.

:salute:

Great idea having these small pieces of visual info on the various tools. When looking for some data on them, most videos don't show them in action. Some are just someone going on and on about why they bought them and where and why it's such a good deal, while we just see a box and their hands moving around in the screen.

:tu: :cheers:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #187 on: October 31, 2017, 01:32:31 PM
My plan is to try and keep them short so that someone doesn't spend the rest of their lives listening to my uhms and uhhs, because I hate videos like that.  I also think unboxing videos are kind of dumb.  I suppose they have at least some purpose, but overall I am interested in the product, not the packaging.  To paraphrase the old joke, someone spends $400 on a new camera (phone, laptop, knife, whatever) and spends all of their time filming the box it came in.   :facepalm:

Frankly I don't think there is enough info in these videos, but I really don't want to make 5 minute videos that I don't think people will actually watch.  Instead I am doing the video at a bare minimum and trying to forward people back here so they can get the rest.

Very nice boss.

Thanks, but yours are way more action packed and fun!  :D

Def

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #188 on: October 31, 2017, 01:36:53 PM
My plan is to try and keep them short so that someone doesn't spend the rest of their lives listening to my uhms and uhhs, because I hate videos like that.  I also think unboxing videos are kind of dumb.  I suppose they have at least some purpose, but overall I am interested in the product, not the packaging.  To paraphrase the old joke, someone spends $400 on a new camera (phone, laptop, knife, whatever) and spends all of their time filming the box it came in.   :facepalm:

Frankly I don't think there is enough info in these videos, but I really don't want to make 5 minute videos that I don't think people will actually watch.  Instead I am doing the video at a bare minimum and trying to forward people back here so they can get the rest.

Very nice boss.

Thanks, but yours are way more action packed and fun!  :D

Def
Thanks boss! I am like you, I don't like most unboxing videos. That is why I do them with power tools to make the video funny, well sorta.
Keep up the good work!
Nate

SEND IT!

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #189 on: October 31, 2017, 08:27:39 PM
I liked those videos a lot!
Fix the audio and you are really on to something.

Is the Q2 a fixed blade with a folding sheath?

-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #190 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:47 PM
I liked those videos a lot!
Fix the audio and you are really on to something.

Is the Q2 a fixed blade with a folding sheath?

I suppose you could call it that.   :tu:

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%