Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lets see your Scout and Camping knives!!!! 3824

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 9,985
Re: Lets see your Scout and Camping knives!!!!
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
Nice knives guys!!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 2,684
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2018, 03:43:20 AM »
 :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

You have been warned. Unleash Spartans!
Sr. Member Posts: 457 "My real name is Elmiro Dungfoot."
« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2018, 12:08:48 AM »
Here's my Boker Camp Knife:

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher." - Frank Castle, 'The Punisher'

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'
Sr. Member Posts: 457 "My real name is Elmiro Dungfoot."
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2018, 12:09:16 AM »
Here's few better pics:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:12:44 AM by eTripper »

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher." - Frank Castle, 'The Punisher'

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, 'The Wild Bunch'
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2018, 01:56:00 AM »
Very nice!!

Barry
No Life Club Posts: 2,684
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2018, 02:03:33 AM »
+1! :o :like: :like:

You have been warned. Unleash Spartans!
Global Moderator Point Of No Return Posts: 35,396
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2018, 02:16:44 AM »
 :iagree:
Jr. Member Posts: 99
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2018, 08:43:06 PM »
Posted elsewhere but here it is again.
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2018, 03:28:29 AM »
Nice!!

Barry
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 17,206
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2018, 09:28:22 PM »
Good looking knife you've got there.  Lovely stuff in this thread period. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #185 on: December 01, 2018, 09:52:55 PM »
Here is what I like to take when I camp.  I will also take the OC Farmer on scouts and unfortunate I forgot to include my knives I like to take scouting new trails and areas.

The top fixed blade is my prep knife.  I enjoy this knife for food prep and other things around camp. 
The next one is a classic literally.  Not much I can add to whats been said about Mora. 
The third one down was a thrift store find.  It says Japan Hand Made High Carbon Steel on the blade.  It came with the sheath.  It is my eating utensil.  I also use it for a pairing blade if we get fancy out camping.  Its only used for food.  I've seen this knife floating around the web listed as a hunting knife. 
The bottom knife is new to me.  Its a Helle Viking.  I still believe its a real version but the sheath has me wondering.  In any case it hones up real nice. The handle is amazing looking in person, its curly birch.  I haven't taken it out just yet but it will be my companion around camp sitting by the fire. 

The pocket knives are, 
Buck Creek, OC Farmer, Opinel.  I like to always carry a pocket knife when scouting or camping.  The Buck Creek and OC Farmer tend to be my go to.  My Opinel is less carried but is a fine knife.  The carbon variety is what I have and its simplicity keeps me coming back to it. 

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:07 PM »
Nice lineup and great picture!

Barry
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2018, 03:09:30 PM »
 :iagree:
No Life Club Posts: 2,111
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »
Here is what I like to take when I camp.  I will also take the OC Farmer on scouts and unfortunate I forgot to include my knives I like to take scouting new trails and areas.

The top fixed blade is my prep knife.  I enjoy this knife for food prep and other things around camp. 
The next one is a classic literally.  Not much I can add to whats been said about Mora. 
The third one down was a thrift store find.  It says Japan Hand Made High Carbon Steel on the blade.  It came with the sheath.  It is my eating utensil.  I also use it for a pairing blade if we get fancy out camping.  Its only used for food.  I've seen this knife floating around the web listed as a hunting knife. 
The bottom knife is new to me.  Its a Helle Viking.  I still believe its a real version but the sheath has me wondering.  In any case it hones up real nice. The handle is amazing looking in person, its curly birch.  I haven't taken it out just yet but it will be my companion around camp sitting by the fire. 

The pocket knives are, 
Buck Creek, OC Farmer, Opinel.  I like to always carry a pocket knife when scouting or camping.  The Buck Creek and OC Farmer tend to be my go to.  My Opinel is less carried but is a fine knife.  The carbon variety is what I have and its simplicity keeps me coming back to it. 

The Helle Viking sheath looks like the real deal to me :like: Have been looking at that one myself, so feel free to share any thoughts :hatsoff:

Also a link to the Helle website with the Viking
http://www.helle.no/products/knives/viking/

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2018, 05:37:37 PM »
Nice lineup and great picture!

I appreciate it.   :salute:

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #190 on: December 03, 2018, 05:37:56 PM »

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2018, 06:00:16 PM »
@ RF52  Thank you.  The knife is really neat for its historic value.  I stropped the edge which became razor sharp very quickly.  Push cutting and hair popping sharp.  The curly birch handle is gorgeous to me.  I don't have a scale but the knife is light ( to me similar to my daughters Mora ) and almost perfectly balanced.  From what I've read the complaints seem to revolve around the construction and fit and finish.  I have no issue with either. 

I love a carbon blade so this laminated blade just makes me more excited to really use it. 

As you can see from the pictures the Viking is darn near the same size as the Mora.  The Mora has a bit more handle.  The Vikings handle is super comfortable in my hand.   It has a tear drop shape so it doesnt roll in hand.  I read some complained it didn't have a guard.  I dont give that complaint any consideration.  I life in a dry yet coastal area so I gave my handle a beeswaxing.  I also treated the blade to some Frogslube.  I follow up down the road as I actually get out and use this blade more and more.   

Here it is with some other tools for size comparison. 

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 2,111
« Reply #192 on: December 03, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »
@ RF52  Thank you.  The knife is really neat for its historic value.  I stropped the edge which became razor sharp very quickly.  Push cutting and hair popping sharp.  The curly birch handle is gorgeous to me.  I don't have a scale but the knife is light ( to me similar to my daughters Mora ) and almost perfectly balanced.  From what I've read the complaints seem to revolve around the construction and fit and finish.  I have no issue with either. 

I love a carbon blade so this laminated blade just makes me more excited to really use it. 

As you can see from the pictures the Viking is darn near the same size as the Mora.  The Mora has a bit more handle.  The Vikings handle is super comfortable in my hand.   It has a tear drop shape so it doesnt roll in hand.  I read some complained it didn't have a guard.  I dont give that complaint any consideration.  I life in a dry yet coastal area so I gave my handle a beeswaxing.  I also treated the blade to some Frogslube.  I follow up down the road as I actually get out and use this blade more and more.   

Here it is with some other tools for size comparison.
Nice comparison pics Aloha :like:
Someday I need to get me one of those :dd:
I think the color of the birch handle fits the blade perfectly :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2019, 06:57:39 AM »
Wonderful duo. 

Esse Quam Videri
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,339
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2019, 01:09:54 PM »
Thanks guys !  :cheers:
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,773
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2019, 05:27:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Those two would be a good pair to take camping.    :like:

What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.

Hold Fast

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $228.00
PayPal Fees: $14.06
Net Balance: $213.94
Below Goal: $86.06
Site Currency: USD