Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Latest acquisitions.

Chako · 12 · 1130

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Latest acquisitions.
on: November 01, 2016, 12:32:29 PM
Here is a variety of things that I have found here and there.

First up, the Swiss+Tech stuff. I did a quick visit to their web site and I will have to say, their product range has exploded. In fact, when I go to eBay and type in cheapest multi-tools, I was buying a lot of little things that cost only a few bucks with free shipping. Imagine my surprise to note that most of those cheapest buys are now featured in the Swiss+Tech catalog!  :o

Swiss+Tech Bodyguard PTX.

A plastic housing which encases a hidden belt cutter, a LED light with a constant press on button, and a glass breaker that wasn't the easiest to use due to it being spring loaded. Oh did I forget to mention there is also a key ring included that also doubles as the seat belt cutter's guard remover.

My impressions of the tool is mixed. I am not a fan of the glass cutter. With that said, it is a neat little tool to have in the vehicle in case of emergency.

Swiss+Tech Personal Care 7 in 1.

Apparently a now discontinued line, the Personal Care 7 in 1's claim to fame was that you could buy different coloured shells and also different tool pods. A quick online check sort of told me they didn't make any other tool pods for this design. I can of course be wrong on this as I am basing this on a quick online check.

Anyways, the Personal Care 7 in 1 offers a key ring, an LED light which once again requires the user to constantly press the rubberized button to keep the torch on, and the removable personal care tool pod which features a pair of scissors, a nail file/nail cuticle cleaner, and tweezers.

The module comes out with a pull of a rear toggle, and a push forward and swing out of the module.

Swiss+Tech Vintage 8 in 1.

For the wine connoisseur, the Swiss+Tech Vintage would do the trick.

Not sure exactly why a pair of Phillips and Flat drivers are included in such a dedicated wine tool, but there is also a knife blade, and cap lifter/larger flat driver tool included to keep the main cork screw company. An LED light also occupied the other handle. Kudos for including a sliding on and off button.

Next up are a pair of cheap eBay items.

AOTDOOR INC Knife multi-tool.

Not sure what to call this one other than dangerous. For something that I bought off of eBay for a buck with free shipping, the knife was surprisingly sharp out of the package. If I was to wear or carry this, I would have to make my own sheath for it. I sure wouldn't hang this around my neck on a cord, or toss it in a pocket.

Unknown one piece multi-tool.

All I can say about this is its a weird tool. No clue what it is called, or who makes it (I feel the same business made this and the one listed above as the hex bolt cutouts are identical). Weird in that the Phillips and flat driver are positioned in a weird way as to make it almost impossible to use them on any form of recessed screw, or anything that might be termed restrictive access. The red in the photo was my t shirt FYI.

Next up are the Nite Ize gear.

Nite Ize Doohickey ClipKey.

The Doohickey ClipKey features the following functions...carabiner clip, bottle opener, serrated edge, scoring point, and slotted or #2 phillips screwdriver.

5-in-1 multi-tool includes: carabiner clip, bottle opener, serrated edge, scoring point, slotted or #2 phillips screwdriver

Nite Ize Financial Tool.

The Financial Tool features the following...cash wrap strap, scraper, bottle opener, 3 wrenches (1/4", 5/16", and 3/8"), flathead screwdriver, phillips screwdriver/tape cutter, and metric & imperial ruler. This is an interesting take on the credit card multi-tool concept with the inclusion of a rubber cash wrap that allows the financial tool to replace your wallet if you are so inclined...that is if you don't have much plastic to lug around.

That ends the Nite Ize section of this little haul.

Eddie Bauer spork.

I was a bit too excited to notice an Eddie Bauer store opening in one of the local malls. I had visions of Victorinox knives with Eddie Bauer written on them. When the store finally opened, I was a bit disappointed to notice no knives, and very little gear. Apparently Eddie Bauer is only an outdoor clothing store these days. Major disappointment. As I lurched towards the exit, I did notice from the corner of my eye a small display of things other than clothing. Upon closer inspection, I came across this multi-tool spork. I almost didn't buy it thinking it was a CRKT spork...but determined to not leave the store empty handed, took one home with me. The spork is not a CRKT clone, nor is it titanium despite the colouring. A neat find.

Stanley FatMax T16 multi-tool.

I almost didn't buy this as I was mostly certain I already had it in the collection. Apparently there are now 2 versions of this tool floating around. The heavier steel handled and dark gray T16, and the lighter and lighter gray aluminium handled T16.

Heritage Tool Set.

This is probably one of the nicest sets I have seen in one of the nicest carrying cases I have seen in this industry. This Heritage Tool set is aimed to impress. Heavy brass and well crafted wood makes this set not only a visual delight, but something that feels of very high quality. After looking for manufacturing details on the included paperwork, I found it was imported for Sam's Club. Regardless, I love the feel and weight of these tools. This set feels like the tools of old, well built and with a lot of craftsmanship...even though I think we all know the multi-tool gives the game away with the usual low quality fold out tools...but those handles are to die for showing fit and finish you rarely see these days.

Well that about sums up the most recent finds. Hope you enjoyed.  :salute:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:40:50 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Latest acquisitions.
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:43:07 PM
[LIKE]
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:55:27 PM
Very nice stuff!  :cheers:
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline irona

Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:30:15 PM
It's cool to see actual reviews of all this stuff I seen online for so cheap, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 03:06:08 PM
Dan, how does the SwissTech Vintage compare to the old Gerber design of the same tool?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you got the other companion pieces to the Personal Care tool?  I thought they had an outdoor tool and a couple other modules? :think:

[ETA:  I found a .pdf of the Modular Tool System; looks like three tools total, though different shell possibilities.  I still could've sworn you have at least the hunting one hiding somewhere in your tool chest. :)]

[ETA 2:  And here is the Gerber tool, apparently called the Ricardo?  I know it's an old design, that I thought was discontinued.]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:37:20 PM by Sazabi »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 12:52:09 AM
Sazabi, I  believe your memory is better than mine. I had to check...I do have another...but with the All Purpose module. Still do not have the outdoor module.

I can't comment on the Ricardo. I never did get one.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 02:47:37 AM
I thought I'd remembered you posting the other one, but never did find it. :think: I'll keep my eyes open for a Ricardo tool, the one on Amazon is very overpriced; I remember an old hardware store having one as of a while back, but I'm pretty sure they got rid of their old merchandise. :/

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 11:09:15 AM
I hate to say this...but sometimes, I tend to forget what exactly I have in my collection.  :rofl:

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 01:00:31 PM
Don't feel bad, Dan. About a month ago, I came across a red Pioneer that I have no idea from where it came. :think:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:56 PM

Heritage Tool Set.

This is probably one of the nicest sets I have seen in one of the nicest carrying cases I have seen in this industry. This Heritage Tool set is aimed to impress. Heavy brass and well crafted wood makes this set not only a visual delight, but something that feels of very high quality. After looking for manufacturing details on the included paperwork, I found it was imported for Sam's Club. Regardless, I love the feel and weight of these tools. This set feels like the tools of old, well built and with a lot of craftsmanship...even though I think we all know the multi-tool gives the game away with the usual low quality fold out tools...but those handles are to die for showing fit and finish you rarely see these days.

:tu: You could catch me in a dead-fall trap baited with that set  :drool:

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

Heritage Tool Set.

:tu: You could catch me in a dead-fall trap baited with that set  :drool:

I completely overlooked that set; dang that looks classy. :cheers:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 12:33:13 AM
Here is another set.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86