Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your latest watch

dks · 988 · 61924

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: What is your latest watch
Reply #960 on: May 27, 2023, 02:05:47 PM
On its way as we speak

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #961 on: July 11, 2023, 07:31:32 AM
"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

ca Offline buggs

Reply #962 on: September 05, 2023, 09:11:03 PM
Not my latest, but my current favorite.  Anniversary gift from the wife. 

I recognize that TAG Heuer isn't the top of the line company and may not be building watches that justify the price, but I wanted a TAG back in my twenties so badly, but could never afford it.  So this was a long awaited goal achieved and I'm very happy to have the watch. 

Indoor picture doesn't do the dial color justice though. 

* TAG.jpg (Filesize: 238.29 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #963 on: October 20, 2023, 07:22:16 PM
Here are some pics of the last watch I bought, right before the summer vacation. 

The local jewelery/watch store had a discount on some of their "older" stock models, and one of them was this Victorinox Inox Titanium Pro Diver at a -50% discount.  I did not have to think long about that... 😁.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #964 on: October 20, 2023, 07:58:10 PM

Since buying this Casio Pro Trek PRW-6611Y, I haven't really wanted another watch.  It has everything I want - large, easy to read presentation, solar powered, and atomic timekeeping.  I'm interested in the new G-Shock Mudman GW-9500, but not its current $360 price tag.

no Offline Grathr

Reply #965 on: December 07, 2023, 08:50:41 PM
Here are some pics of the last watch I bought, right before the summer vacation. 

The local jewelery/watch store had a discount on some of their "older" stock models, and one of them was this Victorinox Inox Titanium Pro Diver at a -50% discount.  I did not have to think long about that... 😁.

(Image removed from quote.)

A little late.  But that looks good! :tu:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #966 on: December 29, 2023, 02:38:59 AM
A little late.  But that looks good! :tu:
Thanks mate  :salute:.

As much as I like my automatic watches, a quartz is still very easy for those "grab and go" situations  ;).

no Offline Grathr

Reply #967 on: December 29, 2023, 06:32:13 AM
Thanks mate  :salute:.

As much as I like my automatic watches, a quartz is still very easy for those "grab and go" situations  ;).

Very true!  I have looked at those Victorinox INOXes many times, but has never pulled the trigger on one.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #968 on: January 13, 2024, 06:23:50 PM
I am not a bigtime watch guy but have recently taken a little interest in them. Here is a new addition along with this Boy Scout edition of a Wenger knife.

* Wenger watch and BS knife a.jpg (Filesize: 70.52 KB)

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #969 on: January 19, 2024, 03:54:08 AM
got this one today

* Wenger 01.1543.103.jpg (Filesize: 81.47 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #970 on: January 19, 2024, 09:34:14 PM
I am not a bigtime watch guy but have recently taken a little interest in them...

And then he buys two watches in one month  :D.

No worries mate, most of us started out that way, only downside is that watches in general are more expensive to collect than SAK's or multitools, but they're sooo pretty.

Anyway, great Wenger watches you got their, maybe I should have a look at those myself...  :think:

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #971 on: January 20, 2024, 03:36:58 AM
And then he buys two watches in one month  :D.

No worries mate, most of us started out that way, only downside is that watches in general are more expensive to collect than SAK's or multitools, but they're sooo pretty.

Anyway, great Wenger watches you got their, maybe I should have a look at those myself...  :think:

right - I have an addictive personality - that is exactly why I never tried drugs, I'd probably like them.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #972 on: January 20, 2024, 12:27:43 PM
right - I have an addictive personality - that is exactly why I never tried drugs, I'd probably like them.

As far as addictions go, watches and tools are not so bad...  ;)

Just noticed my "their" instead of "there" typo  ::).

And the fact that I can't correct it anymore makes it so much worse :ahhh (OCD overtime  :poh:).

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #973 on: January 21, 2024, 03:40:38 AM
In fast pace replies it is easy to get the wrong word or spelling - especially when auto-correct thinks we need something different. We all do it... and although I am not a "writer" that is basically what I do for a living - I write a lot, and I mean a lot.

ca Offline buggs

Reply #974 on: January 28, 2024, 04:59:45 AM

Is it an addictive personality or something more along the lines of an OCD compulsion?  Asking seriously.  My daughter has clinically diagnosed OCD and all of my "collecting" behavior strikes me as the root cause probably.  I've learned a ton from her regarding OCD and its many manifestations beyond what we typically ascribe as OCD behavior jokingly. 

In my case I seem to have to be collecting something at all times and have throughout my life.  Spoons, bottle caps, match books, pins, sew-on crests/patches, pliers, insects, action figures, knives/multitools, flashlights, watches are but a few of the things I've collected through time.  One of them got me a career too, so it's not all bad. 

Now to pick my next watch?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #975 on: January 31, 2024, 03:50:19 PM
Great question buggs.

OCD.  Obsessive part are intrusive thoughts.  One example is the locking and checking of doors.  The intrusive thought can be thinking an intruder will break in or that the door was not in fact locked properly. 

Compulsion.  The anxiety that results from the intrusive thoughts needs to be dealt with so the checking and rechecking is the compulsion part.

While compulsion and addition can happen at the same time they are different.  There is actually a lot of written material no the subject and the link between OCD and addiction.  One theory is a the relationship between impulsiveness and compulsion.  Another is the reward component between addition and OCD. 

Compulsions are actions that "must" happen to avoid anxiety or fear that something bad will happen, as in the case of the door locking.  Compulsion can also be hand washing or tapping or feeling the need to have all canned goods aligned and labels facing forward. 

Addiction can be escaping, avoiding, pleasure, temporary, to name a few.  Addiction is compulsive in that it is difficult to stop, compulsions are not usually addictions.

As someone who is still working thru OCD but not addictive as such I can say your daughter can also work through this.  Naming such things ( diagnosis ) is a great first step. 

Thank you for sharing.  I do hope in the most general sense I was able to answer your question.   

Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline buggs

Reply #976 on: February 02, 2024, 03:49:11 AM
Great question buggs.

OCD.  Obsessive part are intrusive thoughts.  One example is the locking and checking of doors.  The intrusive thought can be thinking an intruder will break in or that the door was not in fact locked properly. 

Compulsion.  The anxiety that results from the intrusive thoughts needs to be dealt with so the checking and rechecking is the compulsion part.

While compulsion and addition can happen at the same time they are different.  There is actually a lot of written material no the subject and the link between OCD and addiction.  One theory is a the relationship between impulsiveness and compulsion.  Another is the reward component between addition and OCD. 

Compulsions are actions that "must" happen to avoid anxiety or fear that something bad will happen, as in the case of the door locking.  Compulsion can also be hand washing or tapping or feeling the need to have all canned goods aligned and labels facing forward. 

Addiction can be escaping, avoiding, pleasure, temporary, to name a few.  Addiction is compulsive in that it is difficult to stop, compulsions are not usually addictions.

As someone who is still working thru OCD but not addictive as such I can say your daughter can also work through this.  Naming such things ( diagnosis ) is a great first step. 

Thank you for sharing.  I do hope in the most general sense I was able to answer your question.   

Appreciate the response a great deal.  I'm sitting here thinking about whether that was the question I meant to ask or not.  I think it is, but I think I also had a different direction in mind.  Regardless that's a highly valuable response to have in print for others to see. 

My daughter is working through things quite well.  She's extremely high functioning thankfully and is actively working through her situation.  She's 23 at the moment and was diagnosed around age 14.  So I am more familiar with the situation than I ever expected to be.  Once again, your description is stellar, thank you. 

On topic, no new watch yet.  I'd suggest I have enough, but there are a few I want, that I can actually afford - there are a few Omega's I'd love to own, but I'm too frugal to spend that much.  Looking at Christopher Ward, Vostok and Hamilton. 

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #977 on: February 02, 2024, 08:46:06 AM
Since I indirectly caused the off-topic part I'll do my best to get things on-topic again (not that going off-topic is concidered a punishable offence here  ;)).

Here's one of the two watches I got last Christmas, a true EDC watch, relatively cheap, solar, durable, great lume and a true ISO-certified diver, the Citizen Eco-Drive Diver.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #978 on: February 02, 2024, 09:14:45 AM
Since I indirectly caused the off-topic part I'll do my best to get things on-topic again (not that going off-topic is concidered a punishable offence here  ;)).

Here's one of the two watches I got last Christmas, a true EDC watch, relatively cheap, solar, durable, great lume and a true ISO-certified diver, the Citizen Eco-Drive Diver.

That looks awesome

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #979 on: February 02, 2024, 09:39:47 PM
 :salute: buggs.   

@TG24, terrific lume on that watch.  Lovely timepiece. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline D-Eg

• Dan
Reply #980 on: February 05, 2024, 02:54:30 AM
I got eat up with watches lately - anyway, here is one of my more later ones, and I really like the fit and feel of this one. It's a 7290X Wenger. Keeps magnificent time.

* Wenger 7290X d.jpg (Filesize: 45.93 KB)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #981 on: February 18, 2024, 05:19:09 PM
My new watch, the first and perhaps only mechanical watch in my life.  :ahhh

If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

za Offline WaynejG

Reply #982 on: February 18, 2024, 09:02:14 PM

Classy very classy

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #983 on: February 18, 2024, 09:28:57 PM

very smart indeed.  :hatsoff:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #984 on: February 19, 2024, 12:03:43 AM
Cheap and cheerful Casio. 

* PXL_20240217_163403141.MP.jpg (Filesize: 181.47 KB)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #985 on: February 19, 2024, 07:56:21 PM
Thank you both  :hatsoff:

What a lovely Casio, Gareth. Also the knife...  :like:
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #986 on: February 22, 2024, 05:56:15 PM

Very classy. 
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline swiss army boy

• the beatles are the best band ever
Reply #987 on: February 29, 2024, 04:45:11 AM
I got a boderry voyager a couple weeks ago its the cheapest titanium field and it is my first automatic but the crown fell off the spring I and have to get it repaired not that bad for a 100 dollar watch but its a bummer not be able to wear when running or playing basketball.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%