Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Watch are you wearing today?

mrynnr · 2555 · 71409

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Re: What Watch are you wearing today?
Reply #120 on: June 28, 2018, 02:04:47 AM
Here’s a pic of the one I was just talking about,
JR

Do you recall the model number of that Invicta? I love the retro look and that atom symbol is just awesome!  :tu: :like:
Not offhand, it’s hanging over on my homemade watch display, but I ain’t getting up to go look, I’ll post it tomorrow. I’m kinda mad cause since I got the battery replaced I can’t figure why it’s not setting and I don’t have my manual for it, :(
JR

Bummer.  Maybe once you look at the model you'll be able to track down a manual.  Found this.  Not sure if it's for your model but.....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8prF01cZbCHaSGpDYS_j_L6lzweyLYWngg9LEHZ33ZGTbdTd4Yl6Mvvdzf0/view?usp=drivesdk
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:10:52 AM by clown »

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #121 on: June 28, 2018, 02:39:18 AM
The ole' double whammy

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #122 on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:25 AM
JR

Do you recall the model number of that Invicta? I love the retro look and that atom symbol is just awesome!  :tu: :like:
Not offhand, it’s hanging over on my homemade watch display, but I ain’t getting up to go look, I’ll post it tomorrow. I’m kinda mad cause since I got the battery replaced I can’t figure why it’s not setting and I don’t have my manual for it, :(
JR

Bummer.  Maybe once you look at the model you'll be able to track down a manual.  Found this.  Not sure if it's for your model but.....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8prF01cZbCHaSGpDYS_j_L6lzweyLYWngg9LEHZ33ZGTbdTd4Yl6Mvvdzf0/view?usp=drivesdk
Oh crap I forgot about getting the model #, oops, here’s a pic, looks to be a 4046,  that manual seems to be the right setup but I tried for a good 20min and couldn’t set it, and according to the manual the watch hasn’t received a signal since the battery got changed, I’ll have to putts around with it..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #123 on: June 28, 2018, 03:48:42 AM
JR

JR

Oh crap I forgot about getting the model #, oops, here’s a pic, looks to be a 4046,  that manual seems to be the right setup but I tried for a good 20min and couldn’t set it, and according to the manual the watch hasn’t received a signal since the battery got changed, I’ll have to putts around with it..
JR

Cool thanks.  Good luck getting it set!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #124 on: June 28, 2018, 04:48:19 AM
JR

JR

JR

Cool thanks.  Good luck getting it set!
Thanks, best of luck finding what your after..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #125 on: June 28, 2018, 07:59:57 AM
Update:
After reading those instructions for 4hrs I did figure out one setting, but the hands are still off by 4hr-4min, so it’s not just a time zone / day light savings, I mean I could just change time zones and make it only off by 4min, but then knowing my luck it would then finally receive the time signal then put it ahead 4hrs, so I sent invicta an email asking what to do..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #126 on: June 29, 2018, 12:42:13 AM
Update:
Hey CLOWN, I’m sure you’ll like this..
I got an email back from invicta and they were sooo sorry, asking me to send it in, but in order to do so I have to send a check for $28 and that only to cover their shipping it back, nothing to do with what it might cost to fix it! To top that they also wanted paperwork on it, like dude, I got it as a gift! Anyway I kinda put 2 and 2 together after reading that link you posted and had an idea, I ended up taking that casing off the back and removed the battery(so easy, i tank I’ll just do them myself from now) but since it was cleared I could start from the beginning in which got what looks to be everything on point! It is not atomically set, it’s off by 30sec but I’m not pushing it, I’ll live with it for now, if it does go to set itself, all it will end up doing is spin ahead the 30sec, now if it was 30 sec ahead it would have to spin 11h-59m-30sec in order to set! So I’m good for now! Watch the video, it’s just 10sec but you can watch how it sets itself..
JR

A crazy watch!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W-oTFvQL8Es

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #127 on: June 30, 2018, 07:02:26 AM
Update:
I got an email back from invicta and they were sooo sorry, asking me to send it in, but in order to do so I have to send a check for $28 and that only to cover their shipping it back, nothing to do with what it might cost to fix it! To top that they also wanted paperwork on it, like dude, I got it as a gift! Anyway I kinda put 2 and 2 together after reading that link you posted and had an idea, I ended up taking that casing off the back and removed the battery(so easy, i tank I’ll just do them myself from now) but since it was cleared I could start from the beginning in which got what looks to be everything on point! It is not atomically set, it’s off by 30sec but I’m not pushing it, I’ll live with it for now, if it does go to set itself, all it will end up doing is spin ahead the 30sec, now if it was 30 sec ahead it would have to spin 11h-59m-30sec in order to set! So I’m good for now! Watch the video, it’s just 10sec but you can watch how it sets itself..
JR

A crazy watch!

Whoa cool video! First time I've seen that outside a sci-fi movie.  Glad you got it at least mostly figured out.  The response you got from Invicta is certainly disappointing :/ At least you cn hopefully enjoy it again.  If you ever get sick of it let me know:D

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #128 on: June 30, 2018, 07:14:19 AM
Been in Savannah since Monday due to a family emergency and grabbed this one on the way out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #129 on: June 30, 2018, 09:26:16 PM
Update:
JR

A crazy watch!

Whoa cool video! First time I've seen that outside a sci-fi movie.  Glad you got it at least mostly figured out.  The response you got from Invicta is certainly disappointing :/ At least you cn hopefully enjoy it again.  If you ever get sick of it let me know:D
Well, she’s set to atomic time, last night it must have received a signal cause it’s to the sec on my other watch and clock! I did do a little fix on the clasp, one of the pins that went through I noticed was broke, so I found something of the same size then took a mini ballpeen hammer and made it all nice and neat, you’d never know! So I guess I’ll be switch wearing between this one and my Casio, :)
JR

Offline RR1551

Reply #130 on: July 01, 2018, 12:15:50 AM
Wassup🤙

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #131 on: July 01, 2018, 12:58:38 AM
Cool :tu:
JR

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #132 on: July 04, 2018, 04:41:36 PM
Update:
JR

A crazy watch!

Well, she’s set to atomic time, last night it must have received a signal cause it’s to the sec on my other watch and clock! I did do a little fix on the clasp, one of the pins that went through I noticed was broke, so I found something of the same size then took a mini ballpeen hammer and made it all nice and neat, you’d never know! So I guess I’ll be switch wearing between this one and my Casio, :)
JR

Awesome!  Back in action!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #133 on: July 04, 2018, 05:04:59 PM
Update:
JR

A crazy watch!

JR

Awesome!  Back in action!
:tu:
JR

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #134 on: July 04, 2018, 11:48:57 PM
Wearing the Seaforce today :cheers:
0704181630a.jpg
* 0704181630a.jpg (Filesize: 153.62 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #135 on: July 05, 2018, 01:24:57 AM
My Swiss Army watch is holding up well.  :tu:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #136 on: July 08, 2018, 04:51:11 AM
Early Omega Automatic Seamaster Calendar. One of my favorite watches.
20180707_200320-1.jpeg
* 20180707_200320-1.jpeg (Filesize: 114.77 KB)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:52:21 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #137 on: July 09, 2018, 12:32:36 AM

Nice one GLBM.  :like:

I have my grandfather's retirement watch, an Omega Automatic but not the Seamaster unfortunately. It has the old flexible metal band with no clasp which is a real hair puller. Also the stainless back must have a high nickel content, which gives me a rash after 15-20 min.  :-\ Still runs great! Funny how much watches have grown, the early Omegas were pretty compact, this one I have is no more than 35mm which seems to be average for that era (60's), but my INOX is 43mm, which is not even on the large side of average nowadays. Yours might be a little bigger having the date wheel, I think the early Seamasters were larger.  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #138 on: July 09, 2018, 01:35:25 AM

I have my grandfather's retirement watch, an Omega Automatic but not the Seamaster unfortunately. It has the old flexible metal band with no clasp which is a real hair puller. Also the stainless back must have a high nickel content, which gives me a rash after 15-20 min.  :-\ Still runs great! Funny how much watches have grown, the early Omegas were pretty compact, this one I have is no more than 35mm which seems to be average for that era (60's), but my INOX is 43mm, which is not even on the large side of average nowadays. Yours might be a little bigger having the date wheel, I think the early Seamasters were larger.  :tu:
Thank you, twiliter!
That is a nice Vic watch. I love the color scheme quite a lot. :)

If you would like, maybe post a pic of the Omega. I have helped a few people pic out bands that are more appropriate to being contemporary. For example, a classic nato style band may siut your Omega and give it the appearance of being a little wider. The nato type band would also keep the case back from touching your arm. :)
Those twist-o-flex bands should have been outlawed years ago. I have tried wearing them and they just pinch and scratch my arm. I don't know how old-timers wear them.  :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #139 on: July 09, 2018, 03:53:12 AM
Tag Automatic Aquaracer today.
20180708_202722-1.jpeg
* 20180708_202722-1.jpeg (Filesize: 103.39 KB)

us Offline twiliter

Reply #140 on: July 09, 2018, 01:36:29 PM

Thank you, twiliter!
That is a nice Vic watch. I love the color scheme quite a lot. :)

If you would like, maybe post a pic of the Omega. I have helped a few people pic out bands that are more appropriate to being contemporary. For example, a classic nato style band may siut your Omega and give it the appearance of being a little wider. The nato type band would also keep the case back from touching your arm. :)
Those twist-o-flex bands should have been outlawed years ago. I have tried wearing them and they just pinch and scratch my arm. I don't know how old-timers wear them.  :think:

Thanks!

I don't remember ever seeing my grandfather not wearing his Omega, with the nasty twist-o-flex, but it didn't seem to bother him. When it was handed down to my dad, he never wore it either, probably for the same reasons I don't now. My dad had his own watch (a cheap Timex as I recall), which he fitted to leather straps with little snap attachments, his skin reacted badly with metal too, worse than me. I thought about getting a NATO style for it, but I'll probably leave it as is, the crystal is already fairly hazy and some of the gold plating has worn away. It still looks nice, but it's a dress watch more or less, and I don't have much need for that. A field strap wouldn't be appropriate for it because I'd be tempted to wear it places I shouldn't!  :D

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #141 on: July 09, 2018, 02:08:06 PM
Fully understood, twiliter! :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #142 on: July 09, 2018, 02:23:26 PM
 :cheers:

I sure appreciate the quality of the old automatics, this Omega has the old bumper wind which is so sensitive that whenever I take it out of my keepsake box, it starts running immediately, even after many months of sitting. I don't know if it was ever serviced, but I know he wore it every day for 18 years.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #143 on: July 09, 2018, 02:29:01 PM

The Aquaracers are cool, I see they have made a lot of variations, titanium also.  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #144 on: July 09, 2018, 02:40:38 PM

The Aquaracers are cool, I see they have made a lot of variations, titanium also.  :tu:

Thank you, twiliter! :cheers:
It is strange how many variants they are. Mine is from the mid 1990s I believe. 25j movement.
The titanium ones are sweet! The only titanium watch I have is a gruen chronograph. I need to get a battery for that one. :ahhh

Your bumper automatic Omega is quite uncommon. A nice piece of horological history. :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #145 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:03 PM

Thank you, twiliter! :cheers:
It is strange how many variants they are. Mine is from the mid 1990s I believe. 25j movement.
The titanium ones are sweet! The only titanium watch I have is a gruen chronograph. I need to get a battery for that one. :ahhh

Your bumper automatic Omega is quite uncommon. A nice piece of horological history. :cheers:

Yes, you need a battery for your Gruen!  :pok:

(and then a photo)

:D

I like the hypoallergenic aspect of the titanium, and the light weight. Vic also makes a carbon INOX, but with a stainless back it defeats the purpose, as it's also slightly heavier than the titanium model (and uglier  ;)). Not sure why they went that route, as the bezel is carbon, which is no harder to manufacture than a back. Seems like a shortcut, but maybe I am missing something.  :tu:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #146 on: July 09, 2018, 10:15:19 PM
My aunt has an allergy to steel watches as well. So, I know that can be a real hassle. :ahhh
I have a watch made of wood that I bought years ago, so that is another allergy alternative. It is made by Tense. Mine has since gotten too moist and the bezel is cracked.  :facepalm:

Today is something different. Went to look around in the watch boxes and figured I break out the Automatic Vostok Amphibia. Russian made with a very unique look. :)
It is not stainless, so I put it on a vintage style lug strap.

20180709_150116-1.jpeg
* 20180709_150116-1.jpeg (Filesize: 161.04 KB)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #147 on: July 10, 2018, 11:06:09 PM
Invicta chronograph today. I do like newer watches too, even though I don't have as many newer ones as vintage ones. :D
20180710_150226-1-1.jpeg
* 20180710_150226-1-1.jpeg (Filesize: 104.64 KB)

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #148 on: July 12, 2018, 10:31:10 PM
Summertime comes and I strap this one on for weeks at a time.  Brilliant movement and solid construction. 

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #149 on: July 12, 2018, 10:45:42 PM
Marathon GSAR today

(Image removed from quote.)

I've owned a TSAR, GSAR, and MSAR.  They are brilliant watches.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%