Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What Watch are you wearing today?

mrynnr · 2555 · 71382

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Re: What Watch are you wearing today?
Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 04:44:09 AM
Thanks twiliter........I like to think of this as a watch my great-grandfather might have carried.   :cheers:

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Reply #61 on: May 26, 2018, 12:13:43 AM
This one again.  :)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #62 on: May 26, 2018, 04:48:44 AM
That’s nice, titanium?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline twiliter

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: May 26, 2018, 08:19:28 PM
That’s nice, titanium?
JR

Titanium.  :tu:
I have one solid titanium watch, but the one hand fell off,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline twiliter

Reply #65 on: May 26, 2018, 08:29:45 PM
A jeweler could probably repair that?

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: May 26, 2018, 08:42:25 PM
I repaired that issue on multiple watches myself.

Superglue, tweezers and a solid hand are all you need.

... And a tool to open the case and remove the stem and crown.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #67 on: May 26, 2018, 11:12:43 PM

That is one of my fav watches, I do have one of the tools to take the back off, but I don’t think I can do it.. it does need a battery along withabout 5 others, I just don’t even want to know how much it would cost.. :(
JR

us Offline Boonies

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: May 27, 2018, 02:59:09 AM

That is a nice looking watch...... :cheers:

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: May 27, 2018, 05:06:27 AM

That is one of my fav watches, I do have one of the tools to take the back off, but I don’t think I can do it.. it does need a battery along withabout 5 others, I just don’t even want to know how much it would cost.. :(
JR
Do not use superglue on it! It will ruin not just the movement, but the entire watch rendering it completely non-repairable, and that's if you don't screw up the use of superglue. A decent watch maker can fix that quickly and the cost won't be high. It's relatively simple but requires the proper hand setting tools and training on how to use them.

The trick is finding one locally that actually does the work on watches himself that knows what he's doing. Fitting hands to movements is one of the first and most essential skills learned. There are ways of repairing the hand and the hole in it that mounts it to the movement pinion that are simple and easy to accomplish, if it even needs rework and not just being pressed back on. Hands are not supposed to be permanently mounted, but friction fit onto the pinions. Otherwise they would not be removable to allow removing the dial and working on the movement. A mall or chain jewelry store is not the place to go for this kind of service. The independent jewelry stores with their own watch repair on premises are the places to start looking and the first question should be whether or not they do this kind of work in-house or send it out to a repair service, the latter of which you don't want.

John

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #70 on: May 27, 2018, 05:24:49 AM

JR
Do not use superglue on it! It will ruin not just the movement, but the entire watch rendering it completely non-repairable, and that's if you don't screw up the use of superglue. A decent watch maker can fix that quickly and the cost won't be high. It's relatively simple but requires the proper hand setting tools and training on how to use them.

The trick is finding one locally that actually does the work on watches himself that knows what he's doing. Fitting hands to movements is one of the first and most essential skills learned. There are ways of repairing the hand and the hole in it that mounts it to the movement pinion that are simple and easy to accomplish, if it even needs rework and not just being pressed back on. Hands are not supposed to be permanently mounted, but friction fit onto the pinions. Otherwise they would not be removable to allow removing the dial and working on the movement. A mall or chain jewelry store is not the place to go for this kind of service. The independent jewelry stores with their own watch repair on premises are the places to start looking and the first question should be whether or not they do this kind of work in-house or send it out to a repair service, the latter of which you don't want.

John
I actully sent two emails to two local shops, one looks like a little hole in the wall shop that changes batteries while you wait, that will take care five of my problems, which just leaves the one hand, so I might get an email Tuesday with a guesstimate,
JR

us Offline jalind

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: May 27, 2018, 05:46:55 AM

JR

John
I actully sent two emails to two local shops, one looks like a little hole in the wall shop that changes batteries while you wait, that will take care five of my problems, which just leaves the one hand, so I might get an email Tuesday with a guesstimate,
JR

The place I would take it where I live (much too far from you) was a Rolex dealer for decades until Rolex got too snooty about where their dealers were located and yanked it (you're not in the kind of demographic we want to serve). One of the reasons I'll never own a Rolex for any reason. Rolex is all about promoting a snobbish brand image that blatantly brandishes ostentatious wealth. They're a Swatch Group dealer now with several of the Swatch Group brands, as well as a Seiko and Fossil dealer. They sell a wide range from rather high end products to things like Fossil. They do custom jewelry fabrication in addition to full service watch work in-house, mechanical and quartz including complete overhauls of vintage pieces. Their head watchmaker has fabricated custom wrist watches from scratch. Prices for jewelry and watch repair are not exorbitant, they're very reasonable. This is the kind of place you want to find and it's likely where you live that it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. Resetting a hand is a very simple task for a modestly experienced and trained real watchmaker. One of the very first skills they learn as it's essential to reassembling a watch after having worked on its movement.

John
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:52:10 AM by jalind »
John

Offline RR1551

Reply #72 on: May 27, 2018, 05:50:16 AM
🤙

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: May 27, 2018, 06:20:46 AM

JR

John
JR

The place I would take it where I live (much too far from you) was a Rolex dealer for decades until Rolex got too snooty about where their dealers were located and yanked it (you're not in the kind of demographic we want to serve). One of the reasons I'll never own a Rolex for any reason. Rolex is all about promoting a snobbish brand image that blatantly brandishes ostentatious wealth. They're a Swatch Group dealer now with several of the Swatch Group brands, as well as a Seiko and Fossil dealer. They sell a wide range from rather high end products to things like Fossil. They do custom jewelry fabrication in addition to full service watch work in-house, mechanical and quartz including complete overhauls of vintage pieces. Their head watchmaker has fabricated custom wrist watches from scratch. Prices for jewelry and watch repair are not exorbitant, they're very reasonable. This is the kind of place you want to find and it's likely where you live that it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. Resetting a hand is a very simple task for a modestly experienced and trained real watchmaker. One of the very first skills they learn as it's essential to reassembling a watch after having worked on its movement.

John
I hear you on the snobby, some it’s more about the name rather then the quality! I’ll never own a Rolex first cause I’ll never have enough $$, lol. All but two of my watches were given as a gift, one being that solid titanium one that needs the hand fixed, I’ve always loved watches and still have my eye on one and Father’s Day is coming up :whistle:
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: May 27, 2018, 12:25:02 PM

JR
Sorry MP, I thought the 1 hour mark fell off.

The hand is even easier... no need for glue.
It should pop back in.
Unless it's broken off...

Can you show a higher res./sharper Pic?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: May 27, 2018, 05:31:50 PM

JR
Sorry MP, I thought the 1 hour mark fell off.

The hand is even easier... no need for glue.
It should pop back in.
Unless it's broken off...

Can you show a higher res./sharper Pic?
Yeah, in a few, the Mrs is still sleeping. It’s a chronograph, and one of those hands fell off..
JR
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 05:32:54 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #76 on: May 27, 2018, 07:05:59 PM
Here, it’s the hr hand but for the chronograph, you can see it jammed between the face and side. The watch works fine if it had a battery, nice watch solid titanium, light as a feather yet totally solid!
JR

us Offline twiliter

Reply #77 on: May 27, 2018, 07:13:49 PM
Pretty sure a good jeweler could fix that JR, they would probably give you an estimate if you brought it in.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #78 on: May 27, 2018, 07:27:10 PM
Pretty sure a good jeweler could fix that JR, they would probably give you an estimate if you brought it in.
Well I got two jewelers around the corner, hopefully they can and it won’t be too much, the one is a big place the other a little hole in the wall, so I guess we’ll see
JR

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: May 30, 2018, 07:00:26 AM
Shouldn't be top hard to fix.
Did it myself about twice.

fi Offline temo

Reply #80 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:58 AM
I've been using fitbit for some time. Not pretty, boring screen but there are some digital features why using :)

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #81 on: June 02, 2018, 03:25:20 AM
New GulfMaster

It's the "second" generation of 3. Model up is quad sensor (adds depth) but there are apparently some common issues with hand motors breaking.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: June 04, 2018, 01:39:29 AM
Nice! Wearing the Wenger Seaforce today. Next to it are my "work watches"
0603181625a.jpg
* 0603181625a.jpg (Filesize: 180.97 KB)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: June 05, 2018, 05:07:47 AM

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: June 05, 2018, 10:50:47 AM
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: June 05, 2018, 01:50:59 PM
(Image removed from quote.)

Quite nice!  Is this an early AirBoss or some other model?

Myron

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #86 on: June 05, 2018, 03:11:13 PM
Special day today so I might be going gold, guess we’ll have to see when I get changed up later..
JR

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: June 06, 2018, 10:27:26 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Quite nice!  Is this an early AirBoss or some other model?

Myron

Thank you. It's my favourite watch.
It's an early Infantry - 24695, the European version with date only.
I put in a custom Stingray skin strap on it.

http://www.watchhunter.org/watch-catalog-reference-library/victorinox-swiss-army-watch-identifier/infantry/victorinox-swiss-army-24695-infantry-mechanical-day-date-black-dial
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #88 on: June 08, 2018, 02:13:24 AM
INOX - daily.  :salute: I've been wearing it to work and I'm sure the paracord is getting stuff in it, so I'm planning on washing it with dish soap and a soft brush at some point. If that doesn't work I will tie it up in an old sock and run it through the laundry.

And if THAT doesn't work I guess there's always the steam cleaner.  :ahhh

I didn't have to change the date this month, but it managed to gain one second last month anyway.  :facepalm:

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #89 on: June 08, 2018, 06:45:35 AM
Lots of dive time with the GulfMaster, pretty dissappointed the temp doesn't work if you're too deep.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%