Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pics of your Pro Treks

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Pics of your Pro Treks
on: September 17, 2016, 02:53:37 PM
I'm a fan of the Casio Pro Trek. Here's a particularly unadventurous shot of my PRW2500T. But what the heck - post a pic of yours here and ramp up the Adventure !
Pro Trek PRW2500T.jpg
* Pro Trek PRW2500T.jpg (Filesize: 101.28 KB)
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Pics of your Pro Treks
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 04:13:01 PM
 :cheers:

I received a Pro Trek yesterday.  I've worn a G-Shock Mudman for maybe 10 years, and it is still going fine.  But I decided I needed another one. I chose the PRW-3000-1CR.  I love the solar, atomic Casios.  You never have to replace a battery, and the watch syncs with the transmitter in Fort Collins, CO, and always shows the exact time.  Plus, the barometer, altimeter and thermometer are fun. I use the barometer daily to monitor the weather, and to confirm that my wooziness is barometric in origin and not the result of alien mind control.

Casio Pro Trek.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 10:26:11 PM
:cheers:

I received a Pro Trek yesterday.  I've worn a G-Shock Mudman for maybe 10 years, and it is still going fine.  But I decided I needed another one. I chose the PRW-3000-1CR.  I love the solar, atomic Casios.  You never have to replace a battery, and the watch syncs with the transmitter in Fort Collins, CO, and always shows the exact time.  Plus, the barometer, altimeter and thermometer are fun. I use the barometer daily to monitor the weather, and to confirm that my wooziness is barometric in origin and not the result of alien mind control.

(Image removed from quote.)
Casio Pro Trek.

+1 to all that (though mine syncs with Anthorn in UK). I think my wooziness is more alchometric but the watch thankfully doesn't measure that  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 03:02:22 PM
Casio Pro Trek PRG-550.

I've worn this watch practically every day for a little over two years now. It has proved useful -and tough. In that time, it has taken at least three blows that would have killed or at least seriously damaged other watches, including a direct hit on the glass against an (stupid :rant:) angular door knob. The glass is perfectly intact and the case has some light marks on it but nothing serious.
DSC02948.JPG
* DSC02948.JPG (Filesize: 56.81 KB)
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:10:34 PM
This prompted me to dig mine out. Needs new batteries and then the new strap. It's the PRG-40.

It's been pretty much bomb proof and has been all over the world with me.

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 10:25:12 PM
Casio Pro Trek PRG-550.

I've worn this watch practically every day for a little over two years now. It has proved useful -and tough. In that time, it has taken at least three blows that would have killed or at least seriously damaged other watches, including a direct hit on the glass against an (stupid :rant:) angular door knob. The glass is perfectly intact and the case has some light marks on it but nothing serious.

:like: who said only G-Shock were tough eh ?
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 10:28:45 PM
This prompted me to dig mine out. Needs new batteries and then the new strap. It's the PRG-40.

Cracking watch the PRG-40. Very "Action Man" toy soldier styling but I love mine  :cheers:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 10:39:37 PM

Cracking watch the PRG-40. Very "Action Man" toy soldier styling but I love mine  :cheers:

I think I just laughed so much wee came out :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm pretty sure I bought mine in KSA in 2005, not even going to try to think anymore about the date, but it is bomb proof  :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

pt Offline Ricardomfs

Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 02:33:46 PM

Here's is my only pro trek at the moment!

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #9 on: October 31, 2016, 09:51:26 AM
Casio Pro Trek PRG-550.

:like: who said only G-Shock were tough eh ?

No complaints from me yet...
Show content
though I hate to say the second hand has been missing a few beats lately (could be due to the hand being used as an indicator for other functions) and even stopped ticking two days ago and I had to tap on the glass to get it to start moving again  :-\
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 10:16:40 AM
PRG-50. My first ProTrek and the first solar model to be released. It is also a very good watch for failing old eyes...

Cheers,

Pete
IMGP3328.JPG
* IMGP3328.JPG (Filesize: 132.11 KB)
IMGP3325.JPG
* IMGP3325.JPG (Filesize: 140.87 KB)

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 11:08:33 AM
Cool Topic  :tu:.

Here's a pic of my two Pro-Trek watches, the one on the left is my SPF40T Titanium (a Sea-Pathfinder), and the one on the right is my Pro Trek PRW-1300Y. 

I like both of them but the Sea-Pathfinder isn't a Solar watch and it eats batteries for breakfast ...  ::) 

The compass on that one is very cool since it has an extra, blue coloured, LCD layer on top of the one that shows the digits, but due to the "non-solar" thing you do think twice before using it.  The PRW-1300Y is Solar powered, so you can play with that as much as you like  :D.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 11:36:36 AM

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 12:26:54 AM
Cool Topic  :tu:.

Here's a pic of my two Pro-Trek watches, the one on the left is my SPF40T Titanium (a Sea-Pathfinder), and the one on the right is my Pro Trek PRW-1300Y. 

I like both of them but the Sea-Pathfinder isn't a Solar watch and it eats batteries for breakfast ...  ::) 

The compass on that one is very cool since it has an extra, blue coloured, LCD layer on top of the one that shows the digits, but due to the "non-solar" thing you do think twice before using it.  The PRW-1300Y is Solar powered, so you can play with that as much as you like  :D.

That SPF40T is one of my all time favourites. It eats batteries like a V8 eats fuel  ;)

Pete

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 07:38:27 AM

Nice.

But here's a thing I've always wondered ... why did Casio make the PRG40 seconds the same size as Hours and Minutes ? I have always thought that's confusing ...
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 08:58:28 AM
And they could place dots between minutes and seconds. However, the pic is misleading. In live view the seconds change perpetualy and that helps distinguinse them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%