Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What will be your Thanksgiving Day carry?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
What will be your Thanksgiving Day carry?
on: November 21, 2016, 11:36:05 PM
What the topic says people :D I want to know in advance what everyone is going to carry for Thanksgiving Day :tu: It is November 24th for those that don't have this holiday ;) I just would like everyone to tell what they plan on carrying on November the 24th 2016 :like: I know some will already know as they have it planned out but others will have to think about it :think: :D Pics are encouraged :tu:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:17:41 AM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: What will be your Thanksgiving Dat carry?
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:38:13 PM
I plan on carrying the LM Skeletool on the 24th but if I carry something different I will tell you guys and try and get a pic of my carry that day as well as the pic I put now :cheers:

This was my carry Sunday so we will see if it is different than the pic on Thursday :tu:

20161120_160508 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: What will be your Thanksgiving Day carry?
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 12:22:35 AM
Since I'm doing the Spirit challenge, I will be carrying that. The Spydie may get some use also.  :salute:
IMG_0213.JPG
* IMG_0213.JPG (Filesize: 130.38 KB)

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 12:23:02 AM
It would be same as any normal day's
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:18:36 AM by Kampfer »
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:52:08 AM
I'll be carrying several lights and my Al Mar Falcon Ultralight.  I may slip in a MT probably my Spirit. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 01:21:49 AM
Sounds good so far guys :cheers: I will probably have either a Champion, Swisschamp or a Ranger as my SAK and the trad folder may be that one or another but I am gonna try and carry the Skeley unless I forget :whistle: :D Will be interesting to see if everyone is spot on with there carry or they end up changing at the last minute and carry something completely different :tu:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 02:16:06 AM
The Outrider, of course.  The 111mm challenge is still going on through the 30th. :D
111mmday3.JPG
* 111mmday3.JPG (Filesize: 90.6 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 02:20:46 AM
The Outrider, of course.  The 111mm challenge is still going on through the 30th. :D

There will be a few of you that I knew would know and that would be one of the reason right there :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 02:23:15 AM
If you wouldn't be looked at like a crazy person ::) a few MT or SAK pics and the turkey or ham ;) would be delightful :D If I get one it will be with ninja like skills :mn: as I might get a look or two if I were taking pics of the turkey with a knife on or near it :whistle: :rofl:

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 02:44:20 AM
I may have to carry the missus back home. Depends on the libations.

england Offline Kev D

Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48:46 AM
No thanksgiving over here, but I'll be carrying the same as I have for quite a while now...knifeless rebar, sak, bit kit, fisher space pen and olight i3E torch. So far it's done everything I've needed it to do so will be carrying it for a long time I would think.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 01:42:11 PM
My long lost older twin brother Twiglet and I are off to spend TG with cousin Mo and as it's our first family get together I suggest we take our entire collections. What say you Big Bro?
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 02:16:31 PM
Probably my PST II and Camillus Ez open Jackknife.

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 02:53:11 PM
I'm going to my 79 year old mother's house for Thanksgiving, along with Mrs. Powernoodle and the two Powernoodle Juniors (now ages 15 and 19).  My mother-in-law is invited, but she is mentally ill and often (usually) does not show up for things like this.

As for carry, I never know until the morning of.  Probably a Swisstool Spirit (getting warmed up for possibly joining Obi's December challenge), Super Tinker with American Flag motif, chrome Space Pen, mini Sharpie, Samsung S2 Skyrocket, and Glock 26 in an Alien Gear holster with spare mag.  That sound about right.

I had 2x teeth pulled this week, and have stitches in my gums (fun!) so I'll probably be passing on the turkey and sticking with the soft stuff.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:55:02 PM by powernoodle »
:doggy: :doggy: :doggy:

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 04:02:13 PM
I will probably go back to my Buck large toothpick (trad challenge). It is surprisingly good at food prep. As far as MTs/SAKs go, I usually don't know until the morning of! If I had a skeletool signed by Tim Leatherman I would carry that!  ;)  :pok:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 04:16:07 PM
I will probably go back to my Buck large toothpick (trad challenge). It is surprisingly good at food prep. As far as MTs/SAKs go, I usually don't know until the morning of! If I had a skeletool signed by Tim Leatherman I would carry that!  ;)  :pok:

Sounds like a good carry to me and since I happen to have one :whistle: That is why I will carry it :D The Buck lloked like an awfully good carry for you the other day so I think you should do fine with it this time as well :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 04:17:04 PM
I'm going to my 79 year old mother's house for Thanksgiving, along with Mrs. Powernoodle and the two Powernoodle Juniors (now ages 15 and 19).  My mother-in-law is invited, but she is mentally ill and often (usually) does not show up for things like this.

As for carry, I never know until the morning of.  Probably a Swisstool Spirit (getting warmed up for possibly joining Obi's December challenge), Super Tinker with American Flag motif, chrome Space Pen, mini Sharpie, Samsung S2 Skyrocket, and Glock 26 in an Alien Gear holster with spare mag.  That sound about right.

I had 2x teeth pulled this week, and have stitches in my gums (fun!) so I'll probably be passing on the turkey and sticking with the soft stuff.

Sorry to hear about the dental work PN :-[ Hope you have a speedy heal time :cheers: Also sounds like a very good carry :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 04:17:39 PM
Probably my PST II and Camillus Ez open Jackknife.

I think that sounds :like: a good carry as well :dd: :tu:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 04:18:29 PM
My long lost older twin brother Twiglet and I are off to spend TG with cousin Mo and as it's our first family get together I suggest we take our entire collections. What say you Big Bro?

:o A first time family get together :dd: Sounds nice guys :D  :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: November 22, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
 :ahhh
No thanksgiving over here, but I'll be carrying the same as I have for quite a while now...knifeless rebar, sak, bit kit, fisher space pen and olight i3E torch. So far it's done everything I've needed it to do so will be carrying it for a long time I would think.

(Image removed from quote.)

That is a great carry Kevin :cheers: I would feel prepared with that carry myself :like: :like: :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #20 on: November 22, 2016, 04:20:26 PM
I may have to carry the missus back home. Depends on the libations.

:ahhh

:rofl:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #21 on: November 22, 2016, 10:26:53 PM
Ponch, you really seem to have a nice week! Lots of humour, good feelings and enthusiasm from your posts   :tu:

I don't do Thanksgiving in my country, but I'll most likely be carrying a SOG/Gerber multitool along with a SPyderco/Cold Steel folder and Wenger/Victorinox SAK, as those are the two brands of each category that see the pocket the most.
Something like this:

or this

or this

I'll be sure to post my pic then!
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 12:26:03 AM
Ponch, you really seem to have a nice week! Lots of humour, good feelings and enthusiasm from your posts   :tu:

I don't do Thanksgiving in my country, but I'll most likely be carrying a SOG/Gerber multitool along with a SPyderco/Cold Steel folder and Wenger/Victorinox SAK, as those are the two brands of each category that see the pocket the most.
Something like this:

or this

or this

I'll be sure to post my pic then!

I always try and be as positive as I can be :cheers: Thanks buddy :tu:

Glad to see your carry and alternate that you are going to post a pic of on Thursday  :like:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:29:10 AM by Poncho65 »

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 01:32:57 AM
I have to work on Thanksgiving, so my typical Gerber EAB, Zebra F-701, plus personal EDC of Fenix E01 and Classic SD on my keys and any one of the following:  Recruit, Pioneer, Sportsman, etc.

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 06:25:37 AM
Got the chain saw out and oiled up and ready for the big day.

* Unknown.jpeg (Filesize: 12.74 KB)

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 09:54:11 AM
Signal for me. We don't celebrate it here in Oz, but will raise a glass to you!!!

Bundaberg, best Rum in Oz, and a bottle of sultanas that has been "simmering" away in the Spiced Rum since December last year. They will be ready for sampling over the New Years' break.  :cheers:

Cheers,

Pete
IMGP3330.JPG
* IMGP3330.JPG (Filesize: 147.42 KB)

us Offline metasyntax

Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 04:27:42 PM
Bundaberg, best Rum in Oz, and a bottle of sultanas that has been "simmering" away in the Spiced Rum since December last year. They will be ready for sampling over the New Years' break.  :cheers:
I don't drink alcohol, but I love root beer, and Bundaberg root beer is pretty dang good. :tu:

Dressing nice and going light, so it's going to be a Squirt PS4 and the Side Chef for me. Probably have my Olight i3e EOS on my keys.

May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 06:55:32 PM
I'm adding in my P4 as the day approaches.  So far I'm going with my Olight i3s, Fenix e05, Thrunite Ti, all AAAs.  Al Mar and P4.  I don't think I'm going with a larger MT.  I may toss in my Executive tho that just cause I like it so much. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 10:20:24 PM
Vic OH Soldier as usual. The Rebar might come out for service tomorrow.  :cheers:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 10:34:11 PM
Interesting to see such a wide variety of different kit :like: I am sure most of you, like me have thought about what might happen and if I have this or that it may save the day :dd: :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%