Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.

Aloha · 155 · 7575

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.
on: November 24, 2016, 04:17:16 PM
MT, check.  Knife, check.  Light, check.  Gun, check.  You get it, we all get it.  EDC has standards we all follow more or less.  What do you carry that is not necessarily EDC related tho it can be.   

Could be a lock of hair from, wait don't tell us.  :D

Could be a photo.  Pretty much anything goes I'm just a nosy kinda guy that wants to see whats in your pockets, bags, wallets, or purses.

Could be tool passed down.  Anything goes.     

I carry a ticket stub my youngest gave to me when she was very young.  Its member ship to her "book club."  I've had it in my wallet now for years ( 10 plus ).  I'll add a photo soon. 

So, what do you carry?
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 04:32:47 PM
I carry a guitar pick in my wallet that I used to accompany my buddy on rythmn guitar when he took first place in the Minnesota state fair Flatpicking contest back in 2006.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 04:38:17 PM
Awesome.   :like:
Esse Quam Videri

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
 :think: I'll have to get back to you on that as I don't know if I carry anything out of the ordinary :shrug: :D

us Offline irona

Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 05:04:44 PM
The only keys I carry are a drum key and a key to my stick bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 05:07:48 PM
:think: I'll have to get back to you on that as I don't know if I carry anything out of the ordinary :shrug: :D
+1,  idk, I have a few things but are edc, so I'll have to think about this.. interesting post!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 05:07:57 PM

Maybe something random? 
Esse Quam Videri

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 09:20:12 PM
I do carry some peculiar stuff. One of my favorites is a small verse a patient wrote for me three years ago.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 09:22:54 PM
A radiator bleeding key on my keyring
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:30:44 PM by Smashie »
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 09:27:46 PM
I have a handcuff key on my keyring.  It's an old one with a built in LED, but the LED is long since dead.  I've probably had it on there for around 20 years now.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 10:16:03 PM
I do carry some peculiar stuff. One of my favorites is a small verse a patient wrote for me three years ago.

Very neat.  Would you be able to share it with us?  Also would you be inclined to share why you choose to carry this item?

I totally understand some items hold very dear meanings and are not for others to share in.  All respect to you should you not share your verse and why you decide to carry it. 

Regardless its neat and thank you.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 10:17:28 PM
I have a handcuff key on my keyring.  It's an old one with a built in LED, but the LED is long since dead.  I've probably had it on there for around 20 years now.

Def

Cool.  Has it come in handy?  :whistle:

Any particular reason you carry it boss?  Again if I'm out of line asking I very much appreciate you sharing your item. 

I find the stories behind what we carry fascinating. 
Esse Quam Videri

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #12 on: November 24, 2016, 10:41:32 PM

Very neat.  Would you be able to share it with us?  Also would you be inclined to share why you choose to carry this item?

I totally understand some items hold very dear meanings and are not for others to share in.  All respect to you should you not share your verse and why you decide to carry it. 

It won't translate well in English, but I'll give it a shot.
The story behind it: There was a drug addict in buprenorphine treatment. He asked a regimen change regarding take away doses that I didn't aprove. He then threatened me. I answered to him, looking him calmly and directly in his eyes: I hope that this wasn't a threat. He moved back and came the next day to give me a piece of paper with four lines in rime, a drawing of the clinic on the reverse side, his apologies for his behavior and, the best part, he is completely clean ever since.
Here's what it says, roughly.

Hi Kokkolis director
Who wont let a fly run up and down on your saber
Hi Kokkolis valiant
Who you are loved by all the guys at OKANA.

OKANA is the Greek Organization against Drugs and the guys are our patients.
I kept it because it gives me a meaning for all these 16 years of effort, against a lot of odds.

I met that patient, Polycarpos, last Monday. He is still clean and ready to migrate to another country, where his relatives accept him to live with them and work, being clean and problems free again.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: November 24, 2016, 11:04:26 PM
That's great to hear K!

I have known a few addicts in my life, largely alcoholics, but a few drug addicts as well, and I have seen fewer success stories than I'd like.  It's good to hear of someone managing to make it.

Def

Any particular reason you carry it boss?  Again if I'm out of line asking I very much appreciate you sharing your item. 

I carry it because years ago I was someone, or at least on the road to becoming someone, but before I really managed to get there, a combination of immaturity and a long series of bad decisions and failures put a stop to it.  Dear ol' Def is one part has been, two parts never was.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: November 24, 2016, 11:05:50 PM
Plus I worked the door for many years at many bars and always carried my cuffs.  Smith & Wesson Model 100 in black.  They've been with me on many adventures. 

Def

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 11:23:32 PM
At the traffic/transport museum in Munich there's one of those manually operated machine to press eurocent coins into souvenir "coins" or whatchamacallit. My wife and I made a pair, I have mine attached to my alox MiniChamp.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 12:48:34 AM
A radiator bleeding key on my keyring
I got one of those, I used to carry it on my keychain but don't anymore, I just saw it the other day but don't remember where :think:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 02:24:58 AM
Keychain capsule with a tinder quik tab and a valve stem cover. The tinder quik isn't too odd with a ferro rod on my keys, but the valve stem cover probably is. Added when I had to check tire pressure at 30 below plus wind chill. Those little boogers get lost easily when you can't bend your fingers without looking at them and concentrating.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 08:46:09 AM

It won't translate well in English, but I'll give it a shot.
The story behind it: There was a drug addict in buprenorphine treatment. He asked a regimen change regarding take away doses that I didn't aprove. He then threatened me. I answered to him, looking him calmly and directly in his eyes: I hope that this wasn't a threat. He moved back and came the next day to give me a piece of paper with four lines in rime, a drawing of the clinic on the reverse side, his apologies for his behavior and, the best part, he is completely clean ever since.
Here's what it says, roughly.

Hi Kokkolis director
Who wont let a fly run up and down on your saber
Hi Kokkolis valiant
Who you are loved by all the guys at OKANA.

OKANA is the Greek Organization against Drugs and the guys are our patients.
I kept it because it gives me a meaning for all these 16 years of effort, against a lot of odds.

I met that patient, Polycarpos, last Monday. He is still clean and ready to migrate to another country, where his relatives accept him to live with them and work, being clean and problems free again.

This is an amazing and awesome story.  Thank you for sharing.  Its wonderful he is still sober and moving towards family to begin his life. 

Bravo for the work you do. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 08:52:58 AM
That's great to hear K!

I have known a few addicts in my life, largely alcoholics, but a few drug addicts as well, and I have seen fewer success stories than I'd like.  It's good to hear of someone managing to make it.

Def

I carry it because years ago I was someone, or at least on the road to becoming someone, but before I really managed to get there, a combination of immaturity and a long series of bad decisions and failures put a stop to it.  Dear ol' Def is one part has been, two parts never was.  :D

Def

Thanks for sharing.  You may have become something else but does that mean MTO would not have existed?  You are very well aware you share in all the wonderful things that happen in the open and behind the scene right?  You have created this space for us to show generosity and friendship as well as all the great things MTO is.  This is an amazing vehicle and outlet for many and I am very happy you did create it. 

You are no has been or never was.  In my and many others book you are the man who made all this possible and have brought an amazing group from around the globe together. 

Esse Quam Videri

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
The creator of the best corner in the existing cyberspace, the leader of this pack of respectful and tolerant people, the man who sacrifices a significant part of his life to keep the machine turning is no nobody. You are Def, the ruler of this small state, a most democratic, eudaemonic, almost utopic Nevereverland of eternal kids. You are our Peter Pan. How nobody is that?
And now I think of it again, would nobody have such a stunning girl by his side? Women adore men of value and rare beauties like yours have the evolutionary advantage to choose the best males. If her wisdom is on par with the whole, which I think is true, she made a perfect choice.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 02:50:30 PM
Thanks guys.  I'm actually not upset about having been almost someone before, and being someone totally different now.

I'm actually quite proud of being a has been, largely because it's not something I usually dwell on- it doesn't consume me.  I've always been about moving forward, and, while some times are harder than others, it's that forward movement that lead me to create this place, and I'm glad there are so many people out there that are like minded enough to appreciate it!  :D

I guess that handcuff key is worth more than I thought!  :D

Def

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 03:29:16 PM
 :pok: you have done well in the Megan department  :like:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 04:28:19 PM
She's just using me to get closer to my Daisy.  :D

Def

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 04:44:48 PM
Keychain capsule with a tinder quik tab and a valve stem cover. The tinder quik isn't too odd with a ferro rod on my keys, but the valve stem cover probably is. Added when I had to check tire pressure at 30 below plus wind chill. Those little boogers get lost easily when you can't bend your fingers without looking at them and concentrating.

Valve stem cover is unique.  Totally understandable but no less unique. 
Esse Quam Videri

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 04:59:32 PM
She's just using me to get closer to my Daisy.  :D

Def

so, that is how you call it....... :)

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
Now that this topic is partly derailing,

How is it that anybody can join this forum, but the only people I see here are polite, caring, good people with some good common sense?

Any a-hole can join, but yet I didn't find any so far...

So how is it, that this community is the way the entire world should be?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #27 on: November 25, 2016, 05:25:55 PM
You need to look harder :)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 05:51:46 PM

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #29 on: November 25, 2016, 05:53:31 PM
:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%