Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.

Aloha · 155 · 7557

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Re: Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.
Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 06:52:33 PM
I suppose what qualifies as an unusual EDC item is highly subjective, and thus what seems like a given to me might be strange to you. So in that spirit, here are some items I carry in my bag(s) that I don't see regularly in dump photos/videos;

-Travel size can of deodorant body spray
-Water activated compressed towels
-Tailor's measuring tape
-Homemade mini duct tape rolls
-Zip ties

I also wear a small compass around my neck.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 07:01:30 PM
Back on topic:
In my wallet there's a credit card sized card that I got from my sister when I got my drivers license.

It pictures a cartoon angel with the lines:

Take me with you for protection. But remember to never drive faster then I can fly.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 07:05:11 PM
I suppose what qualifies as an unusual EDC item is highly subjective, and thus what seems like a given to me might be strange to you. So in that spirit, here are some items I carry in my bag(s) that I don't see regularly in dump photos/videos;

-Travel size can of deodorant body spray
-Water activated compressed towels
-Tailor's measuring tape
-Homemade mini duct tape rolls
-Zip ties

I also wear a small compass around my neck.

There are some good ideas in there.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 11:18:49 PM
I carry a 1 oz flask with habenero pepper flakes. I get some odd looks, but sometimes food just needs that extra kick.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 11:27:16 PM
I'm really liking the responses.  I knew y'all carry some neat and interesting stuff beyond the standard EDC stuff. 

It's like whats in some women's purses.  My girls have such random items as well.  I'll have to ask them what they have currently in them.  Should be interesting. 

Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 11:30:56 PM
I carry a 1 oz flask with habenero pepper flakes. I get some odd looks, but sometimes food just needs that extra kick.

Ok, that's awesome.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #36 on: November 26, 2016, 12:31:53 AM
I suppose the oddest thing I carry would be my snuffboxes. Nasal snuff and vape were what got me off the cigarettes earlier this year, and I hope to be off vape by the end of 2016. I have no intention of giving up the snuff though, and have more varieties of snuff than I do multitools and SAKs.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #37 on: November 26, 2016, 01:59:33 AM
A radiator bleeding key on my keyring
I got one of those, I used to carry it on my keychain but don't anymore, I just saw it the other day but don't remember where :think:
JR
FOUND IT!
It was sitting in one of my junk boxes, also found one of my old Lowe's cards along with a few other cards and licenses, but the one thing I had in my wallet was my old union membership card, I guess that would be my odd carry?
JR
IMG_5385.PNG
* IMG_5385.PNG (Filesize: 284.18 KB)
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: November 26, 2016, 06:27:13 AM
So thats a radiator bleeding key.   Interesting.  I don't think, nope I have never seen on before. 
Esse Quam Videri

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: November 26, 2016, 01:26:52 PM
Good thing you blotted out your last name on your business cards.  You wouldn't want someone rooting around online to find it!  :P

Def

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #40 on: November 26, 2016, 03:06:26 PM
The key to one of my locked away Spitfires.

11 years and counting
One day, I shall again be in the same country, with the right combo of cash and time.

us Offline getahl

Reply #41 on: November 26, 2016, 03:47:23 PM
Most of my stuff isn't what I would consider odd. The most unique thing in my carry is probably a repro WWII dog tag I had made after my grandfather passed last year. No idea what happened to the orginal. A shocking amount of its information was found via Google searches, such as his army ID number, former addresses, and such. The only bit of information I had to go through paperwork to find was his blood type. Everything else is pretty run of the mill - phone, knife, screwdriver, light, gym fob, etc.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: November 26, 2016, 04:26:53 PM
Most of my stuff isn't what I would consider odd. The most unique thing in my carry is probably a repro WWII dog tag I had made after my grandfather passed last year. No idea what happened to the orginal. A shocking amount of its information was found via Google searches, such as his army ID number, former addresses, and such. The only bit of information I had to go through paperwork to find was his blood type. Everything else is pretty run of the mill - phone, knife, screwdriver, light, gym fob, etc.

Certainly neat thats for sure. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #43 on: November 26, 2016, 04:28:23 PM
The key to one of my locked away Spitfires.
(Image removed from quote.)
11 years and counting
One day, I shall again be in the same country, with the right combo of cash and time.
(Image removed from quote.)

I hope its sooner rather than later.  Pretty awesome.
Esse Quam Videri

bavaria Offline Tomcat_81

Reply #44 on: November 26, 2016, 04:38:09 PM
... at least one of the cool (but rather useless) things I've always got with me:

My greenstone.

It holds a long and very personal story for me, which I'll tell you later ;-)

Tomcat
IMG_28642.jpg
* IMG_28642.jpg (Filesize: 355.83 KB)
Sent from my Boconcept sofa, using the 'post'-button

Owing a beer to Whoey since 2016

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: November 26, 2016, 04:44:03 PM
Thats a lovely piece of "jewelry".  I am very fond of the color green myself. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: November 26, 2016, 04:49:54 PM
Good thing you blotted out your last name on your business cards.  You wouldn't want someone rooting around online to find it!  :P

Def
Smart a$$! It's a force of habit. Hey, 3-4yrs ago everything would have been blurred out expect "J" and plumber..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #47 on: November 26, 2016, 04:58:40 PM
Thats a lovely piece of "jewelry".  I am very fond of the color green myself.
That is very nice! The only jewelry I have is medical, or watches, I don't have anything meaningful. Id like to get something, but don't know what?
JR

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #48 on: November 26, 2016, 05:05:43 PM
I told you about the oddest. The coolest are my optics. The neatest among them is the Siebert Emoscope.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #49 on: November 26, 2016, 05:08:41 PM
It is very neat that you carry optics.  I bought a cheap monocular and use it more often that I thought.   I really only take it when I am outdoors exploring. 
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #50 on: November 26, 2016, 05:47:20 PM
Not really cool or neat, but I carry locks on some of my keychains

and, like the boss here, I also have a cuff (sp?) key as well. I got two pairs of handcuffs, one usually riding in the BOB
Here you can see it under the Nitecore Tube

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline irona

Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.
Reply #51 on: November 26, 2016, 08:21:39 PM
I got one of those, I used to carry it on my keychain but don't anymore, I just saw it the other day but don't remember where :think:
JR
FOUND IT!
It was sitting in one of my junk boxes, also found one of my old Lowe's cards along with a few other cards and licenses, but the one thing I had in my wallet was my old union membership card, I guess that would be my odd carry?
JR
What's that thing that's next to the SAK? Is that a mini drum key? :o

Edit: just read back, dumb mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: November 26, 2016, 09:20:51 PM
JR
FOUND IT!
JR
What's that thing that's next to the SAK? Is that a mini drum key? :o

Edit: just read back, dumb mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No biggie..
JR

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #53 on: November 27, 2016, 02:03:08 AM
I have always carried some form of foreign currency in my wallet.
It started off from something my dad told me. He used to say that you should never carry an empty wallet (bad luck) so you put a coin in that you can't spend.

I have usually got a banknote from a country I've visited and for the past 15 years or so I have had three Chinese coins tied with red ribbon. My ex gave them to me, supposed to be good luck...   wait.

ca Offline Walley

Reply #54 on: November 27, 2016, 02:38:28 AM
At work i carry a dewalt gyroscopic screwdriver. They arent common around here and most people have never seen one when i pull it out. So i class it as odd and neat, you be the judge if its cool. I will carry it anyways .
It looks like a typical power screwdriver but it has a special feature that sets it apart for me and my usage.
After you pull the trigger it turns in the direction you rotate it and the further you twist your wrist the faster it goes. I find it very precise once you get the hang of it. Some peeple dont like it from reviews ive read but for me it feels like an extension of my hand.
Its powerfull enough to drive 4" screws into a 4x4. And it "almost" drove a 1/4" lagg bolt 6" long into a 6x6 post without predrilling. By almost i mean it went 3/4 of the way in. Some screw guns wont do that.while at the same time its sensative enough for locksmith and I.T. work

http://www.dewalt.com/en-us/products/power-tools/screwdrivers-and-screwguns/8v-max-gyroscopic-inline-screwdriver/dcf682n1

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:29 AM
@ ThePeacent,  I remember when you joined up seeing pictures of your locks you carry.  Its interesting and useful from what I recall you saying. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #56 on: November 27, 2016, 08:19:23 AM
A bit of mortar or rocket shrapnel that was removed from of my back.

Turns out walking to the shower with just a towel and flip flops on was a bad idea.

No major damage so I like to think of how it could have been worse and carry it as a sort of good luck talisman.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #57 on: November 27, 2016, 09:32:09 AM
Usually I carry a whole little Linux PC whit me
Its the Openpandora which fits pretty well in my poket
I hope I have a picture on my iPhone..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #58 on: November 29, 2016, 02:05:12 AM

Ok, that's awesome.

Def

Ha, I just saw that the brand of flakes I buy is selling their own keychain . Can't keep a good idea down, I say. Carrying flakes works way better than carrying hot sauce... I tried and it was always trouble.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #59 on: November 29, 2016, 02:48:50 AM
I carry a small bullet shaped peanut lighter on my keychain and have for the last 16-17 years :tu: I actually have a few of them on different keychains now as I found some of the exact ones on ebay a few years ago after looking for them for years (Illegal for sellers to sell lighters that don't look like lighters in Tennessee) no law against me buying them though :think: Kinda odd but hey whatever :D Will see if I can get a pic up tomorrow :cheers:

I also have a small ferro rod (the kind that are on the survival paracord bracelets) on the same keychain :tu:

I guess those would qualify as my odd neat cool item :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD