Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modders: Make me a ReCharge? Quotes please?

au Offline Mark in Oz

Modders: Make me a ReCharge? Quotes please?
on: November 30, 2016, 07:56:51 PM
It's time to face it, I'm not a modder. It's been a year, I've not started, so now I'm reaching out for help.

I'd like a Leatherman Charge TTi, with replaceable wire cutters. I also need a leather sheath that can carry horizontal, as these will be permanently on my red firefighting suspenders (I'm a volunteer in my small country town). Engraving of my name & phone number would be a bonus, but not mandatory (it's easy to misplace tools at a road crash rescue, for me anyway). Lastly, I need shipping  to Australia, Post Code 5342.

Currently I don't have any donar parts, the TTi or a sheath.

*Edit: Actually I need 2 TTi's with this mod, both with pocket clips, but only one sheath.  Otherwise I'm going to always think of the pair sitting down at the station, when I need them on the farm, so will get an edc pair too.

Modders, please PM me with a quote if your willing to take my job on? No huge hurry, it's holiday season after all. Delivery late Jan/early Feb would be fine.

Also, if others have had similar work done, and would like to recommend their modders, I'd love to hear from you in the comments section. Share your good experience with me and others?

Cheers!  :cheers:
Mark in Oz
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:21:12 PM by Mark in Oz »
Wanted to Buy:
* Victorinox Straight Ribbed Cadet I (with nail file) in red alox (worn preferred)
* Victorinox Old Cross Pioneer, red alox (worn preferred), brass liners & keyring

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Modders: Make me a ReCharge? Quotes please?
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 08:04:23 PM
It's time to face it, I'm not a modder. It's been a year, I've not started, so now I'm reaching out for help.

I'd like a Leatherman Charge TTi, with replaceable wire cutters. I also need a leather sheath that can carry horizontal, as these will be permanently on my red firefighting suspenders (I'm a volunteer in my small country town). Engraving of my name & phone number would be a bonus, but not mandatory (it's easy to misplace tools at a road crash rescue, for me anyway). Lastly, I need shipping  to Australia, Post Code 5342.

Currently I don't have any donar parts, the TTi or a sheath.

Modders, please PM me with a quote if your willing to take my job on? No huge hurry, it's holiday season after all. Delivery late Jan/early Feb would be fine.

Also, if others have had similar work done, and would like to recommend their modders, I'd love to hear from you in the comments section. Share your good experience with me and others?

Cheers!  :cheers:
Mark in Oz

You can probably contact Gohard about the sheath and get something close to what you want and he is in your part of the world :cheers: About the mod :think: I have done all my own modding but wouldn't feel I have the experience to do someone else's :ahhh I am not sure who to reccommend as most people that mod LM are modding their own as well :shrug:

Sorry I couldn't be more help than this :cheers:

au Offline Mark in Oz

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:17:36 PM
Thanks Poncho65 for your quick help.

I need a safe, functional tool. If the mod finish doesn't match the factory satin, I don't care.

I'm trying to do this as economicaly as possible, so a factory leather sheath will be fine, as long as it's got horizontal and vertical carry. I know they're not the best quality these days, but it will do for now.

I always put loads of leather preserver/dubbin/saddle soap on when new, in the hope it'll extend the life of the thin, dry new leather.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:26:28 PM by Mark in Oz »
Wanted to Buy:
* Victorinox Straight Ribbed Cadet I (with nail file) in red alox (worn preferred)
* Victorinox Old Cross Pioneer, red alox (worn preferred), brass liners & keyring

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 07:18:10 AM
The only guy local to you I can think of who's done this sort of thing is babola.  You could try a PM to him to start, or maybe Breezy12 who is in the US - but I've not seen either of them around for a while.  Good luck. :tu:

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:15:20 AM
Maybe Z-Man can help?
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 09:19:11 AM
Just checked the price for TTi and Rebar, $170 & $50, that is the price in USA.
I personally have something against the TTi, I think it is a fancy piece of overpriced MT, Wave is way better.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 11:36:19 AM
It may be best to try to get someone in North America to do the mod as it could be purchased there for the lowest price....?  :think:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 11:46:05 AM
Texas Toolcrafters have a Re-Charge Mark II, it is pricey but comes with a nice outboard scissors.
Just to make you aware, you get both, wood- and metal-saw.

It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 01:36:54 PM
Texas Toolcrafters have a Re-Charge Mark II, it is pricey but comes with a nice outboard scissors.
Just to make you aware, you get both, wood- and metal-saw.
+1 for TTC route. Contact them about what you want, negotiate price for the job. They used to give out percentage discount when signing up for their newsletter.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:06:36 AM
Cheapest would probably be buying online and either babola or myself can swap the heads and send them back.

au Offline Theo

Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 01:17:17 PM
Hey mate.

You sure you don't want a Surge/s? You can get a S35VN straight blade with a special order from TTC, the only other respect in which the Surge doesn't outperform the TTI is the strap cutter...

If you're still into the 2x Recharge idea, I can mod them for you. I could potentially give them to one of several friends who live in Adelaide who I'll be seeing at Easter and it would be cheaper for them to post it to you from there than for me to post from Sydney.

You wouldn't even have to pay me, just let me keep all the spare parts.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD