Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sourcing Replacement Scales in Australia

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Sourcing Replacement Scales in Australia
on: December 04, 2016, 01:44:22 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone found a way to economically source replacement scales in Australia? I am particularly interested in 91mm plus scales right now, but this could well be for any scales. And a few more mini screwdrivers, ball point pens and perhaps oil.

I have wasted about three hours today on various websites to find they either (a) charge crazy amounts from the start - eg ebay or (b) want to charge crazy amounts for postage - eg 40 Euro from a crew in Austria or (c) will not ship to Australia at all!

I have sorted out what I want on so many websites, often in languages I can barely decipher, to lose at the final hurdle of mailing it! Frustrating!

Hope you are all having a more productive day than I have... lol

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Sourcing Replacement Scales in Australia
Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:15:16 PM
These are pretty easy & cheap to get in Europe. (as I'm sure you noticed!)
If the total weight is under 500 grams and everything fits in a padded envelope it is pretty cheap to send to Oz.  (3.70 euros from Germany).
If you want you can pm me a list of what you need - since I am often handing over packages to my overworked postlady it's no bother to add another package to the pile.
As soon as you go over a certain weight things get dramatically more expensive to post but for a bunch of small items, a small envelope should do.

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Re: Sourcing Replacement Scales in Australia
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:40 AM
 :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99