Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A Discussion About the Leatherman Skeletool

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Re: A Discussion About the Leatherman Skeletool
Reply #60 on: December 31, 2016, 02:32:51 AM
Not addressed to me Kamfer but I love my Skelly. I did put it in semi retirement. Walmart had a special combo deal that I could not resist on the crkt drifter and viva. So I'm rocking those and my Squirt P4 instead. Just fits better in my pocket.

But the Skelly will come out to be used once and a while. Just semiassembled a drone my son just got for Christmas. It will come with me on any biking trips👍

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #61 on: December 31, 2016, 02:46:55 AM
You can address to me, no worries.
Skeletool is for those don't carry a folder, as it is really a folder itself.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: December 31, 2016, 03:00:48 AM
I agree, for what is worth after carrying locking knives for several years it's a bit hard to me to go back to slip joints. And the liner lock on the Skelly feels a bit flimsy unfortunately. But I'm sure that's all mental. The lock up does feel solid.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #63 on: December 31, 2016, 03:04:41 AM
I agree, for what is worth after carrying locking knives for several years it's a bit hard to me to go back to slip joints. And the liner lock on the Skelly feels a bit flimsy unfortunately. But I'm sure that's all mental. The lock up does feel solid.

save your money get Signal and Join Challenge http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,69865.0.html   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #64 on: December 31, 2016, 03:18:18 AM
No thanks.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #65 on: December 31, 2016, 03:19:55 AM
If that is case you should stay away from SOG reactor and all other Gerber tools.
Skeletool locks up like a bank vault comparing to them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:21:43 AM by Kampfer »

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #66 on: January 07, 2017, 11:20:39 AM

Skele, Spirit and Swift are cuttin' it for me these first days of 2017. 3 ESSSELENT tools!

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: January 07, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
Any new development ?
How are you guys liking your free skelly?
I have really started to like mine!! Its perfect for edc paired with a SAK. Contrary to most, I actually like the way that the driver works. Its somewhat comfortable to me. I wasn't able to carry it on my recent trip because of strict New York City knife laws and I sure miss it! I definitely love the Skelly!!! It is kind of like the Vic Compact of Leathermans.

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: January 07, 2017, 06:15:02 PM
Well,
I have one, had it for years. I purchased the first year they were produced... 2007-2008. I bought it to hike the West Coast trail in BC Canada. The moment I took it out of its case I hated it, hated the feel of it in my hands... it actually hurts (me) to squeeze it or apply any forced with them. So I use full size pliers and the pain is gone... Blah, Blah Blah my Swiss Tool does not hurt.

Anyhow, why the SOB story? my Skeletool has never been used, only taken out for Maintenance (cleaning/oiling). It is collecting dust. I tried trading it, selling it... now I am giving it away to the first person to PM me, this according to the clock on this server (order of receipt). You will need to supply me with shipping funds (the tool is in Canada). As the picture depicts, it is fully loaded with bits, extension and leather case.

Good luck...
Skeletool Rig.jpg
* Skeletool Rig.jpg (Filesize: 103.03 KB)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 06:21:17 PM by Marc_in_NS »

us Offline Swiss Guy

Reply #69 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:30 PM
That is very generous of you. Alas, I just received one yesterday so hopefully yours goes to someone who needs one.
The right tool is the one you have on you

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: January 07, 2017, 07:02:10 PM
That is very generous of you. Alas, I just received one yesterday so hopefully yours goes to someone who needs one.
Yes me too, I am sure someone will pipe in shortly... :)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: January 07, 2017, 07:28:58 PM
won't last a minute. It is really nice!
Come on someone!   :rofl:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: January 07, 2017, 07:41:41 PM
I guess I am not the only person whom despises this tool...can't even give it away.

Still available... no takers yet!

:pok:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: January 07, 2017, 08:19:38 PM
Just to show off I actually own two Skellys,  I love them  :tu:
and sometimes hold one in each hand just to annoy Al  :angel: :whistle:

Hi Al  :waving:

:D :cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #74 on: January 07, 2017, 08:26:17 PM
I guess I am not the only person whom despises this tool...can't even give it away.

If only shipping is required, then I'd be in for another, can't say no to such a nice thing...  :whistle:
My toys:

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: January 07, 2017, 08:26:49 PM
Sparky!

:D

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: January 07, 2017, 08:28:16 PM

If only shipping is required, then I'd be in for another, can't say no to such a nice thing...  :whistle:

The Peacent... it is yours

PM me your mailing address in Spain... I'll check Canada Post on Monday for the rates.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 08:30:15 PM by Marc_in_NS »

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: January 07, 2017, 08:33:51 PM
Everything’s adjustable

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:42 PM
No Not at all...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: January 07, 2017, 08:56:47 PM
So kind, as usual here at Mt.org. Amazed!   :cheers:

What a way to start new year...  :ahhh
My toys:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #80 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:46 PM

I thought you were just being kind and keeping them out of my way so they didn't irritate me and set me off on a rant  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 09:08:49 PM

I thought you were just being kind and keeping them out of my way so they didn't irritate me and set me off on a rant  :D

Well that annoying tool is almost gone off my desk... LOL

Going to Spain on Monday... if Canada Post is not too too pricey.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 10:13:34 PM
Speaking of Skeletools , does anyone have an extra Flathead bit ?  I just got a used CX and it's missing the double flat tip bit. I'm trying to avoid buying a whole set just for one bit.

:cheers:

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 10:19:44 PM

You do occasionally have a point Mate  :D
Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 11:28:10 PM
That was a very generous offer Marc_in_NS . I wish I'd been online earlier.  If shipping to Spain is too much I'd be honored to be considered for your back up plan.  I've only been carrying my skele for a couple of days but I'm kind of liking it.  Of course, I'm only carrying it for the knife blade and pliers and I have a Champion in my pocket to do everything else.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #85 on: January 08, 2017, 12:44:03 AM
Speaking of Skeletools , does anyone have an extra Flathead bit ?  I just got a used CX and it's missing the double flat tip bit. I'm trying to avoid buying a whole set just for one bit.

:cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

If I had an extra like the one you are asking for I would send it Steve but I only have the one set of bit cards and a couple of those are gone as well :facepalm: :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #86 on: January 08, 2017, 12:44:47 AM
Congrats Peacent on getting another Skeley :like:

and what generosity Marc :cheers: :cheers: :salute: :tu:

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: January 08, 2017, 11:16:39 PM
My weekend: the new cartridge for the leaky bathroom faucet finally came in. With the Skelly I disassembled the handle and replace the cartridge.

Later that same day my son told me about a loose shower faucet handle. Tightened it up with the bit extender and a hex key I had stashed around (really need to think about finding a way to edc the LM bit cards I have downstairs) .  Ended up doing the same for a few loose drawer handles.

I love the tool, and end up carrying with me around me the house as I'm always doing these small odd jobs and that bit extender really reaches in. I haven't even used the extra LM bits yet, have been able to use my other tools that I keep stashed around the house. But I feel reassured that I have it as a back up.

My only gripe is that it is not as pocketable as my Mini Tool during work, so the Skeletool stays around the house or goes out with me during my play time.

I love my Mini Tool, but no bit extender or Phillips (sigh). I ranted a bit about this in the EDC Philosophy thread. Need to find that dream tool that is Leatherman branded.  :ahhh

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 03:25:12 AM
My weekend: the new cartridge for the leaky bathroom faucet finally came in. With the Skelly I disassembled the handle and replace the cartridge.

Later that same day my son told me about a loose shower faucet handle. Tightened it up with the bit extender and a hex key I had stashed around (really need to think about finding a way to edc the LM bit cards I have downstairs) .  Ended up doing the same for a few loose drawer handles.

I love the tool, and end up carrying with me around me the house as I'm always doing these small odd jobs and that bit extender really reaches in. I haven't even used the extra LM bits yet, have been able to use my other tools that I keep stashed around the house. But I feel reassured that I have it as a back up.

My only gripe is that it is not as pocketable as my Mini Tool during work, so the Skeletool stays around the house or goes out with me during my play time.

I love my Mini Tool, but no bit extender or Phillips (sigh). I ranted a bit about this in the EDC Philosophy thread. Need to find that dream tool that is Leatherman branded.  :ahhh

Great use of the Skeley :cheers: :cheers: :tu:

The bit adapter fits over the file of the  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh !!!MINI!!! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh pretty good and would add a bit of versatility to it but I wouldn't torque a whole lot on it as it might break a stiff file :think: But on regular tightening and loosening duties it should be fine :tu:

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 04:03:32 AM
Good idea Poncho. I didn't know that. I read somewhere too that the discontinued Tool Adaptor will fit. Not sure which generation. I saw one for sale for $24.99, and another site had them for $90.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%