Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help/info needed. Dirt bikes, dual sports, kids side by sides...

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
So my kids (7 and 9) REALLY want a side by side.  I know next to nothing about them though.  ???  The Polaris RZR170 looks good, and there are a few Chinese ones, though I'd rather not buy a Chinese ones...

That brings me to my next issue.  I don't have anything to go out with them on.  I won't drive my Jeep with them on a small SXS, so I need something more appropriate.  I don't really want an ATV, so this has me thinking about getting a dirt bike.  Again though, I know next to nothing about them.

So, I'm looking for some opinions/info from you guys.  I'm 6'4", 200lbs.  What size should I be looking at?  Something in the 200cc range seems like a good option maybe?  The next thing, 2 stroke or 4 stroke?  From what I've read, 2 strokes and cheaper and easier to maintain.  I also love the sound of a 2 stroke. :dd: 

And then there's this.  I've been thinking about getting my motorcycle license for the past few years, and getting a dual sport bike.  That would give me something I can ride on the roads, and would still be able to hit the trails with the kids.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%