Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Another Katana.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Another Katana.
on: December 13, 2016, 01:29:47 PM
I found another sword locally and I was a bit surprised by this one to be truthful. This sword was billed as being handmade and sharp, and it came at a very cheap price. I tend to collect sharp swords that are supposedly "Battle Ready" which is a term that I always get a chuckle out of whenever I see or hear it. Nobody fights with swords these days, but what it tells me is that it is not just a decorative wall hanger. I guess this one could be termed Battle Ready, and for its cheap price, I couldn't pass this one up.

So how could I get something a little better than a dull heavy wall hanging decorative object for a cheap price...well...there are obvious cuts made in the production of this one.

As I am inspecting this in the store, I am surprised it has a real ray skin same...that is until I ran a fingernail between the tsuko ito and found out it is just vinyl made to look like ray skin. Well at least they used real wooden pins to hold the blade to the tsuka...so that is a plus right there.

The hamon looks too uniform and pronounced unlike my other katana which is of better quality. Upon closer inspection, it is just a decorative grinding applied to the habaki after finishing and polishing it. On the plus side, it is indeed sharp.

The tsuba is very decorative and well made.

The sword bag is rather nice with a softer nylon interior. Overall, the sword is rather nice for something that cost less than 80 dollars Canadian.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

nl Online Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: Another Katana.
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
A nice one to do your iaido kata with. Hold on to your thumbs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%