Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

North American Hunting Club tool

Offline Kabic

North American Hunting Club tool
on: December 13, 2016, 03:50:47 PM
Here is a tool that I have that falls into Grant Lamontagne's Dump Truck Full of Money theory, (although I'm not sure North American Hunting Club ever had any kind of prestigious  name recognition to play off of).  This was a promotional item I got for renewing my magazine subscription.

It has a long blade, a short blade, can opener, bottle opener, Phillips drive, straight drive, and a larger straight drive.  Finally a saw\file that has a ruler on the back.

I haven't used it much, but I see the scale is already chipped.  It is marked "stainless china" inside the handle.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:51:49 PM by Kabic »

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: North American Hunting Club tool
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:55 AM
Chances are, it's not of good quality; but better than the electronic calendar doodad Popular Science gave me every year for close to a decade, then that smartphone holder this year.   I wouldn't mind having a few of those to throw around, and loan to people that I guarantee will break it.

It's always funny the cheapo makers mark their fish scalers as saws--it wouldn't even cut styrofoam!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: North American Hunting Club tool
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:58:46 PM
As much as I love the fact that you read the Dump Truck Full of Money Theory, I disagree with you.  This one was probably purchased by the North American Hunting Club simply because it was cheap.  I doubt very much this was purchased by an outside licensed agent, but probably by the organization themselves, likely to offer a promo item to encourage sales, but not something significant enough cost to offset additional sales.

I'd agree with Cody though,  and strongly suggest you don't consider using it.  Best case scenario is that it fails you at a reasonable time without causing further damage.  Worst case scenario is that it fails catastrophically at an inopportune time, injuring you and damaging whatever it is that you are trying to fix with it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%