Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fenix E18R

Tet · 9 · 927

ca Offline Tet

Fenix E18R
on: June 02, 2020, 02:15:15 AM
I'm a noob to the (quality) flashlight world. I think I'm falling down the slippery slope of this rabbit hole already!  I guess I've got some extra time on my hands these days, I've jumped in and ordered myself a few different ones to try out the brands to see what I like.  One I've got on the way is the Fenix E18R.  Does anyone know if one of the diffusers they sell will fit this model?

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Fenix E18R
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 03:11:21 AM
Congrats on finding the new rabbit hole and the Fenix E18R.  Fenix has some nice lights.

As far as diffusers, are you looking for a cap type or lens?  I do not have the E18R, but I do have the E16 which if I’m not mistaken is a similar sized light.  I don’t know about all the diffusers that Fenix sells, but the one I have is too big. 

If looking for a cap type, the LED Silicone Diffuser 3/4” from CountyComm should fit the E18R. 

Another option that I use as diffuser and works well on most my flashlights is the ZenToes Gel Toe Caps white.  The large is a little loose but works on the E16 and is great for larger heads as well.  The small would fit well.

ca Offline Tet

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 03:53:21 AM
I actually was seriously looking hard at the E16 as well.  I think I remember that they both have the same diameter head.  I was thinking of the type to make it more like a mini lantern - they have some on the Fenix site that I didn't think about until I placed my order.  I'm in Canada, they have a small and a medium on their website but I don't see anywhere where they list models they fit.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out!

it Offline Stefano

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 03:54:11 AM
Does anyone know if one of the diffusers they sell will fit this model?

E18 head size is unusual (21mm)
I am afraid that a white Fenix diffuser for this size is not available but for certainty try to ask Fenix technical support.
An alternative could be a white Nitecore filter, there is in various formats the smallest I know is 23 mm (4 colors of your choice) and I generally buy them on Fasttech (but you could find them elsewhere too)
But being bigger you should cover it / pad it internally.
Coating it may not be easy..

Edit: Head of Fenix LD22 (2015 versison) is 21,5 mm
This makes your work easier.
Ask the Fenix Service if one of their LD22 diffusor can be adapted
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:06:23 AM by Stefano »

ca Offline Tet

Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 04:18:33 AM
Thanks Stefano!

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Fenix E18R
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 07:09:57 AM
I actually was seriously looking hard at the E16 as well.  I think I remember that they both have the same diameter head.  I was thinking of the type to make it more like a mini lantern - they have some on the Fenix site that I didn't think about until I placed my order.  I'm in Canada, they have a small and a medium on their website but I don't see anywhere where they list models they fit.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out!

If wanting a diffuser to make the light work like mini lantern then both the silicone diffuser cap or ZenToes Toe Cap will work.

Here is a link to the Fenix compatibility chart.  It says the AOD-S should work with the E18R.  I have an AOD-S which works well for the PD25 and 35, but is really loose on the E16.  I personally prefer using the ZenToes, even though that is not its designed purpose, over the AOD-S diffuser for any of my lights.

https://www.fenix-store.com/accessory-compatibility-list/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:30:52 AM by Sos24 »

it Offline Stefano

Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 04:54:30 PM

https://www.fenix-store.com/accessory-compatibility-list/

Thanks, this is great list, I saved the table in the favorites (it should be present on the official Fenix website but there is not)
I have the long AOD diffuser, it seems more suitable as a lantern.
I do not understand that however in the Fenix catalog there is no white filter_diffuser like the Nitecore ones but there are only colored ones.
 I tried the 25 mm white Nitecore on the Fenix PD35 V2 and with this the beam becomes perfectly flood and ideal for home use or close use.
https://www.nitecorestore.com/Nitecore-Filters-for-25mm-Flashlights-p/filter-nite-25mm.htm
They are like the Fenix filters ones but white is available

ca Offline Tet

Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 05:16:46 PM
Thanks for the link! That’s exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I’m using the Canadian Fenix website, I don’t see it there.

ca Offline Tet

Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 02:29:14 PM
After being stuck in Vancouver for 11 days, it looks like it's finally on its way today  :woohoo:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%