Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Official Release- SOG 2017 FULL CATALOG!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Re: Official Release- SOG 2017 FULL CATALOG!
Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 04:41:18 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I'm with rdub in the matter that I also really enjoy sog products. Out of this new batch the Powergrab, Sync I, and the Baton Q1 look like they'll be getting a chance in my pockets. the Sync and Baton are both interesting designs so getting them in hand will be the only way to fully see the execution of those designs. Also, I am thrilled to see SOG get rid of those annoying studs they put on the Powerplay  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: The studs made the entire thing a no go for me. Looks like the Powergrab has sliders  :gimme:

all in all I like where they're going. Are the smaller components going to be interchangeable? I've never been a fan of they're files. So it'd be nice to put a saw there instead.

HEY!!!!! NEW PAGE!!!! :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 04:47:27 PM
Are the Flash 1 and Mini Aegis in the catalog? Didn't see them?

They don't appear to be, or at least I couldn't see them either

IIRC the Aegis and Aegis mini are being discontinued   :think:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 08:19:03 PM
I'm with rdub in the matter that I also really enjoy sog products. Out of this new batch the Powergrab, Sync I, and the Baton Q1 look like they'll be getting a chance in my pockets. the Sync and Baton are both interesting designs so getting them in hand will be the only way to fully see the execution of those designs. Also, I am thrilled to see SOG get rid of those annoying studs they put on the Powerplay  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: The studs made the entire thing a no go for me. Looks like the Powergrab has sliders  :gimme:

all in all I like where they're going. Are the smaller components going to be interchangeable? I've never been a fan of they're files. So it'd be nice to put a saw there instead.

I think I can see why the PowerPlay tabs might be frustrating, but the PowerGrab sliders don't look very robust to me.

None of this years new SOG tools has a saw, which I found a little surprising

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 10:52:00 PM

I think I can see why the PowerPlay tabs might be frustrating, but the PowerGrab sliders don't look very robust to me.

None of this years new SOG tools has a saw, which I found a little surprising
Maybe they are going back to the drawing board with their saw design, which was always a little too fat, despite being otherwise well thought out.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 12:58:37 PM
I spoke to SOG about release dates, and they don't have anything specific just yet.  They did say that they should be along by the end of the 1st Quarter, with the Baton series in the 2nd Quarter, probably May or June.

Subject to change without notice of course.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 01:21:37 PM
I spoke to SOG about release dates, and they don't have anything specific just yet.  They did say that they should be along by the end of the 1st Quarter, with the Baton series in the 2nd Quarter, probably May or June.

Subject to change without notice of course.  :D

Def
:woohoo:

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:58 AM
Forgot to post here but I did get a reply from SOG

Thanks for contacting SOG.  At the moment the PowerGrab and PowerAccess do not feature interchangeable components.

Kind of a bummer...but that won't stop us from trying  >:D >:D >:D
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 06:55:38 PM
Of course not... where's the fun in doing only what we are supposed to?   >:D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline ssvs04 .

Reply #38 on: January 17, 2017, 12:28:43 AM
Power Grab components look just like Power Lock ones from what you can see. Looks like it would be pretty easy to take apart the Power Grab.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #39 on: January 20, 2017, 03:29:44 AM
I wonder why we haven't seen anything from SHOT regarding the PowerAccess and PowerGrab. Seems strange that they will apparently be ready for sale by end of first quarter, but no push at SHOT. Maybe 8 new multitools was too much to release in one year? Maybe they believe that the PA and PG will "sell themselves" and that they can keep the limelight of SHOT2017 on the quirky items that they perceive as being a tougher sale? Perhaps they are just waiting until tomorrow and staging a big reveal for them? I dunno, I am anxious to see video of the new traditional multitools from SOG
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 03:03:38 PM
Ive been wondering thatk myself rdub. I think you might be onto something with the too many tools therory, since most reviewers only seem willing to give a couple minutes to the multitool manufacturers, OG doesn't want too many cooks in the kitchen spoiling the pot, so to speak (especially since they have a fairly large new knife collection too)

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 05:09:37 PM
SOG posted a short video on their twitter account that showed the PowerAccess and PowerGrab are on display at SHOT. But I have found no videos showcasing them. Everything has been Batons and Syncs. That is pretty disappointing, and I fear that releasing so many new tools in the same year may ultimately mean slower sales starting off as consumers have to pick and choose.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 10:56:01 PM
I guess it will be up to us to put it through it's paces when they are released.  :D

Def

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 11:43:23 PM
I guess it will be up to us to put it through it's paces when they are released.  :D

Def

To do my part, I vow to get a PowerAccess and post all of my thoughts and findings on it here! On MTO!

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 02:34:55 AM

Def

To do my part, I vow to get a PowerAccess and post all of my thoughts and findings on it here! On MTO!

And I'll run the Powergrab into the ground  :salute:

They are probably assuming the two new multis will sell themselves, so it makes sense they are showcasing the more innovative tools. I am still looking forward to some of the others but the Powergrab is on my list. I'll also be looking to replace that file with the v-cutter if possible  :whistle:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 02:46:38 AM

Def

And I'll run the Powergrab into the ground  :salute:

They are probably assuming the two new multis will sell themselves, so it makes sense they are showcasing the more innovative tools. I am still looking forward to some of the others but the Powergrab is on my list. I'll also be looking to replace that file with the v-cutter if possible  :whistle:

It'd be cool if the knives could be replaced. Get those outside-access scissors that we all covet

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 01:33:29 PM
It's awesome to see so many of us getting so interested in the new SOG tools.  :D

Def

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: February 14, 2017, 01:53:29 AM
PowerAccess introduction video

https://youtu.be/J3vzvA7MZQA

Doesn't look like they've loaded anything for the PowerGrab yet

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: February 14, 2017, 02:15:18 AM
That looks really cool.  I'm really looking forward to getting one in my hands!

Def

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 09:22:32 AM
Seems like all the known issues of PPP are fixed by PA, I look forward to purchase one.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD