Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tight Tool Q seeks A

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Tight Tool Q seeks A
on: December 22, 2016, 07:22:26 PM
Amici,
I recently acquired a used 1986-1990 vintage Swiss Champ that despite the fact that it seems barely used, seems to be a tad tight when closing some but not all the tools.

This is despite the fact that they're quite easy to completely open. The one tool I've noticed that gives me trouble closing is the old school magnifying glass.

I actually have to play with it to get it to align properly as so it will properly close. This condition may be the result of when I swapped out the scales for fresh ones, I clamped them a wee too tight, as I attempted to ensure that they were flush with the liners?

Dunno.. But I have also noticed, that the pivots for the Scissors and pliers are a bit tight as well.

I've recently swapped out the springs with a set of fresh ones, and this seems to have helped some.

Also, Iv'e begun to notice that the tool has loosened up a little bit by extending all of the tools to the open position at different angles, and leaving it as so for a few hours as well as overnight. 

Any other tips on how to correct this tight tool issue?

Cheers,
Serge
Champ.jpeg
* Champ.jpeg (Filesize: 165.7 KB)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:01:19 PM by sergemaster »
'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

gb Offline ally

Re: Tight Tool Q seeks A
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:03:38 PM
I have the same problem on a recent purchase, mines going off for a service in the new year

:)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD