Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ganzo and Sanremu

cody6268 · 165 · 19916

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Re: Ganzo and Sanremu
Reply #60 on: February 07, 2018, 04:17:30 AM
Was able to pick up my Firebird F753m1 last week. I'm liking how solid the fit and finish are at its price point.

I also ordered my second Ganzo, F7611.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:31:26 AM by an0nemus »

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #61 on: February 07, 2018, 04:32:51 AM
I bought the Ganzo G302b after seeing reviews online. The price is very reasonable for what you get. What I like is the fact that you can use the bits on the Rebar, Supertool, and MP600, MP400,450, and probably many others. The rebar and suspension fit into the case from Ganzo as well. I paid 27 for the Ganzo. I think just for the case and bit kit, it's a good value due to the interchangeability between brands. The tools on the 302 are good too. I bought one for my dad who is 80 now and it saves him a trip to the garage hunting for a Phillips  if he has the Ganzo in his desk drawer.

How's the fit with the Rebar? Is it solid? I'm thinking of maybe getting the MT just for the bitkit alone-- to use with my Rebar and Juice  :think:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #62 on: February 07, 2018, 04:34:38 AM
I honestly didnt think this was going to ever arrive, almost 2 months from grrbest, carbon fiber ganzo, I dont think the CF makes up the entire scale(looks like a veneer from the side), but its enough to knock off a full ounce of weight from a similar sized G10 ganzo I posted a couple of months ago in this thread

(Image removed from quote.)

Has it smoothen further over time when you open and close the blade? Mine (the smaller version) is a bit stiff. So I'm regularly opening and closing it since I got it....

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: February 07, 2018, 07:31:36 AM
Was able to pick up my Firebird F753m1 last week. I'm liking how solid the fit and finish are at its price point.

Nice! After seeing a couple posted around here the F7611 is definitely on my wants list.    :gimme:   :gimme:

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #64 on: February 07, 2018, 07:44:06 AM

Nice! After seeing a couple posted around here the F7611 is definitely on my wants list.    :gimme:   :gimme:
And it's Ganzo's own design so no copying from others

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: February 07, 2018, 08:36:26 AM

And it's Ganzo's own design so no copying from others

:drool:       :drool:       :drool:       :drool:       :drool:       :drool:       :drool:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #66 on: February 07, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
I honestly didnt think this was going to ever arrive, almost 2 months from grrbest, carbon fiber ganzo, I dont think the CF makes up the entire scale(looks like a veneer from the side), but its enough to knock off a full ounce of weight from a similar sized G10 ganzo I posted a couple of months ago in this thread

Has it smoothen further over time when you open and close the blade? Mine (the smaller version) is a bit stiff. So I'm regularly opening and closing it since I got it....

This one has been good since day one, very easy to open and close. I have a different one that has required a lot of opening and closing and finally is coming along, so I expect some models do need a break in period.

I had ordered one of those Spyderco endura clones, $7 deal, over 3 months ago, but it never showed up, really wanted to give it a try, but it's not looking good at this point that it will ever show up, and they are $20 on amazon so not sure what to do, kinda soured on slowbest atm.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 09:18:06 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

pl Offline GreenFish

Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 11:16:43 AM
So I've made a modification of my Sanremu 710. Wanted to remove that silly comet/panther logo from handle:

Here's the effect (my camera is not that good + light spoils the effect: looks way better in real - more smooth color transitions and not so whitened):

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:19:13 AM by GreenFish »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: February 13, 2018, 12:49:03 AM
3.5 months delivery time  :rofl: my first spydercoish knife clone, had lost all hope of ever receiving it, got a refund like 6 weeks ago so I have to repay it now, but thats ok, glad it finally showed up, Ganzo F759M

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #69 on: February 13, 2018, 07:59:30 AM
So I've made a modification of my Sanremu 710. Wanted to remove that silly comet/panther logo from handle:

Here's the effect (my camera is not that good + light spoils the effect: looks way better in real - more smooth color transitions and not so whitened):

Not seeing the second pic.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #70 on: February 13, 2018, 11:26:12 AM
3.5 months delivery time  :rofl: my first spydercoish knife clone, had lost all hope of ever receiving it, got a refund like 6 weeks ago so I have to repay it now, but thats ok, glad it finally showed up, Ganzo F759M

Hows the fit and finish?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #71 on: February 13, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

Hows the fit and finish?

on mine it doesn't really matter anymore   :rofl:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

pl Offline GreenFish

Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 10:43:29 PM

Sorry, I've uploaded photos on better image hosting. Here it is Zoidberg  :cheers:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:44:46 PM by GreenFish »

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: February 13, 2018, 11:14:18 PM

Hows the fit and finish?

Its very good, lock spring is a little stiff so if you are playing with it for several minutes it makes your index finger sore, the spydercos have a curve on the lock bar whereas this has angles so I would prefer the former, eventually I will grab a cara cara and give that a try, cant afford reg spydey

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #74 on: February 13, 2018, 11:56:53 PM

Hows the fit and finish?

:o

IS that intentional? Ala Emerson's Wave?  :D

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #75 on: February 13, 2018, 11:58:56 PM

Hows the fit and finish?

Its very good, lock spring is a little stiff so if you are playing with it for several minutes it makes your index finger sore, the spydercos have a curve on the lock bar whereas this has angles so I would prefer the former, eventually I will grab a cara cara and give that a try, cant afford reg spydey

Same here, I cant bring myself to buy a US-made Spydie. Thanks for the feedback. Might get one one of these days.  :cheers:

Offline raider502

Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 01:14:49 AM

Sanrenmu 710

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #77 on: February 15, 2018, 05:23:51 PM
Decided to sell my F753m1 as it was small and then bought this new Ganzo Auto F758 in Aluminum for $23 on sale. Feels like a sturdy, solid toy

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #78 on: February 15, 2018, 05:33:34 PM

Sorry, I've uploaded photos on better image hosting. Here it is Zoidberg  :cheers:

Well done! I prefer it like this, too!

:tu: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #79 on: February 16, 2018, 01:25:20 PM
Why do I feel like autos aren't as reliable as manuals when it comes to lockup? This F758 locking mechanism seem inadequate

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #80 on: February 16, 2018, 02:09:12 PM

Hows the fit and finish?

:o

IS that intentional? Ala Emerson's Wave?  :D

yes, that exaclty
Can't really explain how ugly it looks but it works flawlessly
Wouldn't have dared on an expensive knife   :rofl:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #81 on: April 16, 2018, 05:44:50 PM

^ That's really cool, ThePeacent!  :cheers:

-------

My latest (and only Ganzo as I already sold the F758), an F7611. This one has very smooth action!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:46:52 PM by an0nemus »

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: April 22, 2018, 04:48:52 PM
I have a couple of Sanrenmus and Ganzos as well, here are some SRM's. First the 7007, a CRKT Drifter clone, or rather rebadged version as I think the are made in the same factory. G10 handle, nested liners, great detent, the blade flies out like crazy. Good lockup. My only complaint it that it's not exactly a deep carry knife.

sanrenmu_7007_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_7007_1.jpg (Filesize: 149.31 KB)
sanrenmu_7007_2.jpg
* sanrenmu_7007_2.jpg (Filesize: 152.43 KB)
sanrenmu_7007_3.jpg
* sanrenmu_7007_3.jpg (Filesize: 119.66 KB)
sanrenmu_7007_W.jpg
* sanrenmu_7007_W.jpg (Filesize: 82.29 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: April 22, 2018, 04:52:55 PM
Sanrenmu 710 / 7010. Not much to add, pretty well known and well liked model. The black handle one is a "custom" piece, meaning I swapped blades with a classic SS one, I did not like it all black, it's a bit more stylish for like this. Same problem with the 7007 for me: rides pretty high in the pocket.
sanrenmu_7010_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_7010_1.jpg (Filesize: 132.72 KB)
sanrenmu_7010_2.jpg
* sanrenmu_7010_2.jpg (Filesize: 116.46 KB)
sanrenmu_7010_3.jpg
* sanrenmu_7010_3.jpg (Filesize: 147.4 KB)
sanrenmu_7010_4.jpg
* sanrenmu_7010_4.jpg (Filesize: 80.75 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: April 22, 2018, 04:59:37 PM
Sanrenmu 763. A very nice own design - AFAIK - from SRM. First I had a newer version with grey anodized, textured handles and full liners, but somehow I did not like its looks, so I hunted down an older one on eBay with smooth, black anodized aluminum scales and without full liners. The edge grind is a bit uneven on this eralier one, but the tall, hollow grind blade cuts like nobody's business, a slicing machine. Also, to my smaller hands the ergonomy is exceptional, sits perfectly in my palm.

sanrenmu_763_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_763_1.jpg (Filesize: 115.43 KB)
sanrenmu_763_L.jpg
* sanrenmu_763_L.jpg (Filesize: 136.71 KB)
sanrenmu_763_W.jpg
* sanrenmu_763_W.jpg (Filesize: 81.51 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: April 22, 2018, 05:07:12 PM
Sanrenmu 7112. A very stylish, elegant slipjoint, again, an own design as far as I know. Extremely lightweight, only 11 gramms, super slim and the big belly, hollow grind blade is scary sharp. Half stop on opening and closing. Great choice for when you dress up and can't carry anything bigger. Only a 1 or maybe 2-layer alox Vic could match it.

Different color options (were) available, blue, yellow, silver(?), also there's a smaller, shorter version, the 4112.

sanrenmu_7112_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_7112_1.jpg (Filesize: 154.08 KB)
sanrenmu_7112_2.jpg
* sanrenmu_7112_2.jpg (Filesize: 128.73 KB)
sanrenmu_7112_3.jpg
* sanrenmu_7112_3.jpg (Filesize: 145.74 KB)
sanrenmu_7112_L.jpg
* sanrenmu_7112_L.jpg (Filesize: 137.73 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: April 22, 2018, 05:16:30 PM
Sanrenmu A148. Folding slipjoint scalpel. If I remember correctly, there were four different sizes in this line, mine is the second largest. Awsome, unique look, but this particular piece was a letdown, the backspring is weak, the knife feels unsafe. The fit and finish also leave something to desire, the backspring is not flush with the scales. Disappointing.  :(
sanrenmu_A148_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_A148_1.jpg (Filesize: 104.62 KB)
sanrenmu_A148_2.jpg
* sanrenmu_A148_2.jpg (Filesize: 128.9 KB)
sanrenmu_A148_3.jpg
* sanrenmu_A148_3.jpg (Filesize: 126.24 KB)
sanrenmu_A148_L.jpg
* sanrenmu_A148_L.jpg (Filesize: 145.47 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: April 22, 2018, 10:32:36 PM
Sanrenmu 7028. Linerlock Italian style(?) folder. Looked nice on photos, a bit underwhelming IRL. Minor fit and finish issues, though perfectly functional. Lives in the box with the previous knife, never carried.

sanrenmu_7028_1.jpg
* sanrenmu_7028_1.jpg (Filesize: 44.02 KB)
sanrenmu_7028_2.jpg
* sanrenmu_7028_2.jpg (Filesize: 23.18 KB)
sanrenmu_7028_3.jpg
* sanrenmu_7028_3.jpg (Filesize: 23.32 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: April 22, 2018, 10:38:43 PM
Ganzo F59M. Ganzo's Delica clone, or, to be precise, Byrd Meadowlark 2 clone. Bought it right away when it came out and it did not disappoint. Not a Delica for sure, but a very good budget subsitute. For me it's better than the meadowlark, a bit more build qualitiy, also the 440C blade steel is objectively better than 8Cr13Mov. The one thing I don't like is the oval opening hole, it's just not as comfortable as the Byrd's comet hole or the Spidey hole. I'm still waiting for my Delica to arrive, but handled one before, and its a no contest regarding the handle, the rounded edges of the original win hands down.

ganzo_f759m_1.jpg
* ganzo_f759m_1.jpg (Filesize: 26.83 KB)
ganzo_f759m_2.jpg
* ganzo_f759m_2.jpg (Filesize: 31.62 KB)
ganzo_f759m_3.jpg
* ganzo_f759m_3.jpg (Filesize: 35.09 KB)

hu Offline Exeter

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: April 22, 2018, 10:46:17 PM
Ganzo F753M. Same as wiht the one above, I ordered it right away when it was released. You can belive the hype, it has a feel of quality, rounded edges, very comfortable, perfect ergonomy, crazy sharp blade, perfect centering, good, although initially bit stiff axis lock. Way better than the price should allow. With all that said, I just never warmed up to it, never felt the urge to carry or use it, it's just not for me somehow, lives in the box with the other "orphans". Also, I just don't like and don't get the blue hardware thing.

ganzo_f753m_3.jpg
* ganzo_f753m_3.jpg (Filesize: 30.96 KB)
ganzo_f753m_2.jpg
* ganzo_f753m_2.jpg (Filesize: 24.56 KB)
ganzo_f753m_1.jpg
* ganzo_f753m_1.jpg (Filesize: 31.97 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%