Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Panasonic BQ-CC55 charger

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Panasonic BQ-CC55 charger
on: January 05, 2017, 06:05:45 PM
I recently bought Eneloop item # 1083517.  It came with 8 AA and 4 AAA plus charger.  I am very happy the charger Eneloop included is one that can charge 1 or 3 batteries in any combination.  My last 2 Eneloop packs with chargers required me to charge 2 batteries at a time and both the same size. 

This charger also tells me with lights where my battery is in terms of charge.  No its not as good as the upper end battery chargers but not bad IMO.  I am so happy to be able to charge just 1 AA and 1AAA now. 

I got the set at Costco for 19.99 after $10 instant rebate. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Panasonic BQ-CC55 charger
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:17:32 PM
That's a pretty good price for 12x batteries and a charger.   Over the past couple of years, I have been transitioning solely to Eneloop for everything from lights to Wii remotes.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 07:08:19 PM
I have a few alkaline left that I'm currently using up.  I had a terrible fail of C size batteries recently.  I have a camp lantern that takes 8 C size batteries.  I always remove the batteries when not in use.  I was cleaning up some of my camping gear and restocking some items when I say the container of batteries  :o.  All ( 16  ) but 2 were leaking and oozing. 

This is not an isolated case with this type occurrence.  Sure I've gone years without a mishap but once in my book is enough to be cautious.  I always take out alkaline when I know I'll not use the item for a while. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:29:11 PM
8 C cell batteries?! You could use that as a mace against a bear.  :o

I had my try at Eneloops, however I couldn't get along with them, unfortunately. Perhaps I was too young to appreciate them? I've since switched my few items over to lithium primaries.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 03:23:43 PM
The lantern is 200 lumen with 2 lower modes if I recall 100 and 30  :think:.  I bought it initially for power outages but with the other modes it works well as a camp lantern.  Cool this is I can also run the lantern with 4 batteries instead of 8 which drops the lumens but still very usable. 

I haven't had any issues with my Eneloops.  These new ones have 2100 charge cycles.  I've not gotten into lithium tho I have considered them.  What I do know is I'll be sticking with rechargeables with the exception of the 9v thats in my smoke alarm. 
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:13:04 PM
I have the BQ-CC17, which works in a smart manner like the BQ-CC55, but slower and without the state-of-charge indicator.  :) :think:

Buy smart chargers people! :D
Your batteries will thank you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:14:28 PM by Pablo O'Brien »
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Offline bep1995

• New User
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 11:30:12 PM
Hello !! I have a question, can I remove 1 or 2 batteries when they are finished while the others is still charging ?? Οr must wait until all 4 batteries are finished and then remove the whole charger and then the batteries ?? Thanks in advance !!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 08:58:43 AM
Hello !! I have a question, can I remove 1 or 2 batteries when they are finished while the others is still charging ?? Οr must wait until all 4 batteries are finished and then remove the whole charger and then the batteries ?? Thanks in advance !!

http://www.panasonicbatteryproducts.com/eneloop_rechargeable_batteries/advanced-individual-quick-ni-mh-battery-charger/

According to this website, the fuel gauge on CC55 should be for individual cell, so if you are using eneloop with CC55, I'd say yes.  But do be aware the green means 80-100%, so probably best to leave it on for a while longer instead of taking the cell out once the light reach green.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%