Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Adjust Blades on SOG Powerplay

Offline RockyRoy

• New User
Adjust Blades on SOG Powerplay
on: January 07, 2017, 01:24:33 AM
Good day to all -I hope this finds everyone well and in great spirits .. Ive just received my first SOG product --PowerPlay - and I would like to loosen the tension on the blades - its very hard to open one handed . Its seems straight forward enough but thought Id take a moment to ask if there are any surprises awaiting me . Any experience would be appreciated  thank in advance

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: Adjust Blades on SOG Powerplay
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:50:52 AM
Hi there! I've never handled a PowerPlay, specifically, but basically every multiool can be adjusted by loosening or tightening the pivot screw. I say loosen it an 1/8 of turn and see if it gets a bit easier to deploy. If so, make sure the lock still functions properly. If so, keep going until you get the deployment the way you want it - you're golden. Two things to keep an eye on, though: lock function (should be unaffected but just make sure) and tool deployment (implements should not freely open from stowed position).
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:00:11 AM
+1 to everything rdub said.

Also check tools do not wobble side to side after loosening the pivot, and consider trying to lubricate the tool with some mineral oil or 3 in 1. There might just be some "factory gunk" in there that's binding it up. The oil will not only lubricate, but help flush out any debris

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 12:40:43 PM
+1 to everything rdub said.

Also check tools do not wobble side to side after loosening the pivot, and consider trying to lubricate the tool with some mineral oil or 3 in 1. There might just be some "factory gunk" in there that's binding it up. The oil will not only lubricate, but help flush out any debris

This, my latest and only factory SOG (a Pocket PowerPlier) had a lot of metal grit in it. Especially the badly cast Philips where the pivot hole was more egg-shaped than round. So try some 3 in 1, WD-40 or similar followed by folding the blade in and out a bit and see if that helps to begin with.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%