Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Style CS PS mod possible?

Offline Skissors

• New User
Style CS PS mod possible?
on: January 08, 2017, 01:32:09 AM
Hello everybody, I'd like to ask you Leatherman nuts a question about the Style series.

The CS has scissors for the main tool, a nail file and a blade. The PS has pliers for the main tool, a nail file and a mini pair of scissors.  I've found posts of people replacing the scissors on the PS with the blade from the CS with no issues. What I'm looking for is a little bit different, however. I'd like to keep the scissors on the PS and instead swap out the nail file for the blade of the CS. A Frankenstein PS with a blade and scissors, omitting the nail file.

Maybe someone can tell me whether this is even possible. As far as I'm aware, there's no replacement blade to buy from Leatherman. I don't own a CS and have no need for it, my Victorinox and Squirt PS4 scissors are all I need.So I would rather not buy one only to find out that this mod cannot be done (or is only possible with more trouble than I'm willing to go through).

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Style CS PS mod possible?
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 11:49:17 AM
On the off chance that you come back, welcome to the forum Skissors.   :cheers:   :cheers:

Is your idea possible, maybe.
I don't have the parts anymore to check and I can't remember if I have ever tried that combination.
However I do have some pics showing a similar type version I made years ago.

Happy modding mate.

fr Offline hellsing

Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 02:14:20 PM
No big deal for me, just be aware there is the tweezers down the file, so you will need to make room for the blade.
Basically you will have to cut all the plastic that separate the tweezer and the file.

Offline Trebor Redins

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 10:16:57 PM
I dont think you can keep the tweezers if you do this. There are some plastic tabs  on the inside of the black scale that will need to be at least partly removed for the blade to close. If your willing to do that it should fit but i think the tweezers will also need to be removed to make way for the wider knife blade.

I filed down the plastic scale and removed the tab to make room for the wider scissors on that side. Then if you shorten the tweezers you can keep them (cut them at the opposite angle they come with after measuring out, you only lose a couple mm. If you get the blade from a donor squirt PS4 you will also have room for the file (or other thin tool of your choice) behind the knife. Pics - Leatherman Key https://imgur.com/gallery/iNqN5

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%