Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats new for 2017? 4899

Sr. Member Posts: 387 First, we take Manhattan
Re: Whats new for 2017?
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »
I have this crazy idea that the big news for 2017 will be a merger of the 85mm former Wenger and 91mm Victorinox lines... there's a crazy amount of tool crossover; the potential is there to move to one size but provide more variety in tool combinations. Some loved tools would go in the process (eg. Do we need two scissor and two plier designs?). Some others could be nicely combined (eg. Evogrip plus scales; lock blades).

This may be far too radical...
No Life Club Posts: 1,208
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2017, 04:09:52 PM »
I have this crazy idea that the big news for 2017 will be a merger of the 85mm former Wenger and 91mm Victorinox lines... there's a crazy amount of tool crossover; the potential is there to move to one size but provide more variety in tool combinations. Some loved tools would go in the process (eg. Do we need two scissor and two plier designs?). Some others could be nicely combined (eg. Evogrip plus scales; lock blades).

I don't think this is likely since part of the deal seems to have been to keep the Delemont factory running. It would make much more sense to remove the Victorinox 84 mm line since they are much closer to each other and the 84 mm line has been in a sad state in regards to tool alternatives for a really long time. If they just make sure to bring back a more traditional scale I think that could prove to be a good idea.
Hero Member Posts: 744
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2017, 04:23:34 PM »

I don't think this is likely since part of the deal seems to have been to keep the Delemont factory running. It would make much more sense to remove the Victorinox 84 mm line since they are much closer to each other and the 84 mm line has been in a sad state in regards to tool alternatives for a really long time. If they just make sure to bring back a more traditional scale I think that could prove to be a good idea.

+1 for a return of the Classic scale option. Much as I like the Evolution/EvoGrip scales, they add thickness to what should be a smaller knife.

May it be as the Pattern has chosen.
Hero Member Posts: 955
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2017, 05:06:23 PM »
No idea if really new comes from Victorinox. I hope so.
With other tool combinations it is difficult to sell much more knives.
If there is another tool combination that Victorinox can sell massively, I think they would do it.
Hundred diffrent wishes of a few hundred knife freaks have unfortunately no priority.
Luckily for the modders! 

I wish for a long time Victorinox would offer other Scales.
91mm Scales,  made of finer materials, with which you can upgrade (or order) your knife.
I think of titanium, carbon fiber, G10... :dd:
Red celicor are cult, but not all knife fans like it...

How about this carbon fibre? Not cheap though:

https://www.schweizermesser-essen.de/navi.php?a=16846&lang=eng

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2017, 05:36:26 PM »
They have to be glued-on apparently, though, which put me off

"We broke into Mir using a Swiss Army knife. Never leave the planet without one." - Chris Hadfield, Astronaut
No Life Club Posts: 1,496 aloxoholic
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2017, 06:07:48 PM »
If there is another tool combination that Victorinox can sell massively, I think they would do it.
Hundred diffrent wishes of a few hundred knife freaks have unfortunately no priority.
Luckily for the modders! 

91mm Scales,  made of finer materials, with which you can upgrade (or order) your knife.

https://www.schweizermesser-essen.de/navi.php?a=16846&lang=eng

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the link.
The fact that they have to be glued is not optimal.

Such scales by Victorinox, easy to click on as the celidor scales,
Made of carbon fiber, titanium, etc :dd:

If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

https://aloxpeach.jimdo.com
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »
Luckily for the modders! 

https://www.schweizermess....php?a=16846&lang=eng

Thanks for the link.
The fact that they have to be glued is not optimal.

Such scales by Victorinox, easy to click on as the celidor scales,
Made of carbon fiber, titanium, etc :dd:

Red G10 or Micarta would be nice, with the Vic logo as a silver inlay

No Life Club Posts: 1,044
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »
It wouldn't be press-worthy, but a wider array of bits for the CyberTool would be nice and something to sell to current owners as well as new  buyers.

And ya know, MiniChamp XAVT would be cool :P

-JJL
instagram: jamesjlarue (warning, lots of cat pics along with the SAKs)
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »
It wouldn't be press-worthy, but a wider array of bits for the CyberTool would be nice and something to sell to current owners as well as new  buyers.

And ya know, MiniChamp XAVT would be cool :P

Yeah, more Cybertool bits would be great, Do you have the extra bits that the Swisschamp XLT had? I've only been able to source three of them (from Pizzini), still after the extra flat drivers for my CT29:

Hero Member Posts: 880
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2017, 12:46:18 AM »
This topic has gone off the rails and traversed some dark waters. The quagmire.
I'm afraid to ask anymore...
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2017, 02:13:37 AM »
more Cybertool bits would be great, Do you have the extra bits that the Swisschamp XLT had? I've only been able to source three of them (from Pizzini), still after the extra flat drivers for my CT29:

Indeed I do! Would like more hex sizes, and maybe even a tiny phillips since there's no tiny phillips for the corkscrew (another thing they should make!)

-JJL
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
more Cybertool bits would be great, Do you have the extra bits that the Swisschamp XLT had? I've only been able to source three of them (from Pizzini), still after the extra flat drivers for my CT29:

Indeed I do! Would like more hex sizes, and maybe even a tiny phillips since there's no tiny phillips for the corkscrew (another thing they should make!)

Where did you manage to get the bit with the flat screwdrivers on both ends? I've been having problems tracking that one down, at least from somewhere with sensible postage rates

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2017, 09:35:11 PM »

Where did you manage to get the bit with the flat screwdrivers on both ends? I've been having problems tracking that one down, at least from somewhere with sensible postage rates

I got all 4 from this seller:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-CyberTool-Flat-Head-Screwdriver-Bit-Slotted-3mm-4mm-30566-/371616370188

-JJL
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2017, 12:38:39 AM »

I got all 4 from this seller:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vic...m-4mm-30566-/371616370188

Thanks

Hero Member Posts: 849
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:08 AM »
I wonder if Vic may start to cut back on models that are fairly similar to each other, to consolidate a bit and run a little leaner company. From various comments I've seen concerning Q&A, so many special editions, legal BS being thrown at modders, etc., I get the impression the company is being run more by the accountants than those who actually care about the product.

I don't pay to close attention to all the various cellidor models and sizes since I'm pretty much just a 93mm alox person, but to me it just seems there are a lot of various models that are really close to each other with the exception of perhaps one tool or something like that.

I'd guess they'll do their dozen or two of special ultra collectible different shades of the same color alox runs as well. :)

I have to admit that maybe I'm stuck in the past but Vic really hasn't done anything to get me too jacked up, can't wait to buy, for a long time.

🇨🇭
Hero Member Posts: 666
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
Usually its only one tool I want to change anyway in my search for the best SAK.
:)

Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...
Hero Member Posts: 934
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2017, 09:40:13 AM »
In all fairness, to me personally, as long as they make my trusty Tinker/spartan, super tinker/climber or hiker/camper ill always be happy. Call me traditionalist or old fashioned, but that's just the way it is.   ;)

"Another Day...; a whole n'other set of fresh possibilities..." - MacGyver (S1E19 - "Slow Death")
No Life Club Posts: 3,189
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »
I would so much like to see alox or similar scales with scale tools and a yeoman in that configuration!

Chop On, Rise Up, and Hail Southern!
No Life Club Posts: 1,377

Roc us

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 01:16:24 AM »
While we are dreaming, I'd like a build your own SAK/special order division. With all tools (past and present)available in 84mm.  :whistle:
Wielder of the Bow of Banishment. Admin Team Point Of No Return Posts: 30,885 El Presidente del Fan Club Micky D
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 01:00:27 PM »
Lets say I'm underwhelmed. :(

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »
While we are dreaming, I'd like a build your own SAK/special order division. With all tools (past and present)available in 84mm.  :whistle:

Hero Member Posts: 744
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:45 PM »
Lets say I'm underwhelmed. :(

I still like that desert soldier, and the national park ones are purdy. The fact that we've already known about all these is par for the course. I actually don't think Victorinox reveals new stuff at SHOT Show, do they?

May it be as the Pattern has chosen.
Full Member Posts: 216
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2017, 10:33:13 PM »
I would love to see an Alox Huntsman. 

"
No Life Club Posts: 1,377

Roc us

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »

So you're saying it's a possibility?
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,272 I'm blue!
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »

So you're saying it's a possibility?
No way. Everyone would buy the ultimate SAK, and after that sales would drop to near zero.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $263.00
PayPal Fees: $16.03
Net Balance: $246.97
Below Goal: $53.03
Site Currency: USD
82%