Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Handkerchiefs

kaput · 13 · 1502

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Handkerchiefs
on: January 16, 2017, 09:56:05 PM
Anyone have recommendations on really nice and soft handkerchiefs? I typically use the plain old paisley ones. But this winters been a cold one and my nose needs an upgrade. (Preferably from Amazon.)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Re: Handkerchiefs
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 10:02:49 PM
Hey Kaput,
Not on Amazon, but Etsy. This lady is from Florida and her work is flawless; you can find her shop on Etsy and look for "moocowmomma".

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:14:22 PM
hank's hanks have a reputation for a reason. if you want something that is a bit unusual as materials go recycled firefighter has some too. only not sure about their amazon availability
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:04:27 AM
While I only own one, I can recommend Minh do hanks. You can find them on Etsy also.

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 03:37:51 PM
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 12:43:32 PM
I've found that most of the 'cool' EDC hanks, the kind that are popular right now, are really bad at being handkerchiefs. The material is all wrong, they're too thick and in general not what a handkerchief should be. Some of the most popular names are the worst offenders. I wish I could stop buying them but they look so cool! :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:46:25 PM by pomsbz »
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 06:42:17 PM
I've found that most of the 'cool' EDC hanks, the kind that are popular right now, are really bad at being handkerchiefs. The material is all wrong, they're too thick and in general not what a handkerchief should be. Some of the most popular names are the worst offenders. I wish I could stop buying them but they look so cool! :D
Agreed,
Those simple junky ones are the best, especially after they've been through the wash a few times. These newer ones are very nice but the fabrics are out of wack, there too rough, I guess it depends on what your going to be using them for, show, hands, nose? At the same time they can be very expensive, if you own a sewing machine you can make the best, find some cool looking fabric for show, then some super soft fabric for the other side, then just stich them together, it's not hard, I did it myself. I also have another set to do which I might do today since you brought this up.
  Here's the page I put up on the forum a little whil back,,
JR

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,70751.0.html
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 12:24:57 AM
I've made the mistake of trying to get a nice looking fabric and ending up with hankies that won't absorb anything, no good for my uses. My best luck has been with second hand ones where there's no packaging or anything and it's easy to feel the material.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 10:37:19 PM
I have some from different makers but gank hanks is very good and a friend of mine. I have so many I don't even use or carry one. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: May 04, 2017, 11:14:28 PM
I think I'm going to have to make an ultimate winter hanky, get a nice pattern, but then on the other side put a somewhat matching nice fuzzy felt or flannel for soft nose wiping.. softer then the arm sleeve!
JR
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:38:13 PM by MadPlumbarian »
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 02:19:30 AM
I think I'm going to have to make an ultimate winter hanky, get a nice pattern, but then on the other side put a somewhat matching nice fuzzy felt or flannel for soft nose wiping.. softer then the arm sleeve!
JR

I have some with fleece, and some with micro fiber but I don't use them for nose wiping. :D

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 02:49:02 AM
JR

I have some with fleece, and some with micro fiber but I don't use them for nose wiping. :D

But if you had to that would be the best, yet my prob is sunglasses, the newer hankys I made are kinda rough and don't want to clean my sunglasses with unlike my simple store bought broken in hankys, which are the only thing that don't streak the glasses..
JR

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 03:42:56 AM
I had one made with a microfiber cloth backing for my glasses and it is amazing. It's just a tiny thing I only use it for my glasses. I can't stand smeared up lenses.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD