Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Infantry or Garrison?

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Victorinox Infantry or Garrison?
on: January 17, 2017, 12:54:03 PM
They look almost the same, to my eye they seem to have similar specs and yet the Infantry ones seem to cost 5 times as much. What am I missing?

Infantry does seem to look "slightly" classier but not 5 times nicer... I know the links below show a newer Infantry model (with the white logo), but you get the idea.

https://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Infantry-Leather-Quartz-241563/dp/B009K3X8CU/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-241083-Garrison-Collection-Leather/dp/B002C4FAIO
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Offline space cowboy

Re: Victorinox Infantry or Garrison?
Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 07:58:49 AM
They both look like Ho Hum watches for the price to me.  :pok:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 08:16:25 AM
The Infantry has a Saphire crystal, which means it's HIGHLY scratch resistant, only diamond coated stuff can scratch it's crystal. Where the Garrison has got a mineral crystal, which means it can be scratched relativily easy.

The sad part is: Saphire crystals are expensive...

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:15:31 PM
They both look like Ho Hum watches for the price to me.  :pok:

To each his own... some find them boring.. others find them classy.

I have a big shiny Casio Edifice Chronograph which is cute but I find it far too gaudy to use at work.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:56:02 PM
I just bought a Garrison secondhand (with Roush Fenway Racing logo, and supposedly, those watches were only given to employees), and I'll tell you what I think after I wear it a bit.   It's got what appears to be a NATO band on it, so apparently whoever had it first  hated that rubber band, and I'm not keen on leather or rubber bands myself, either.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%