Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A Leatherman molle sheath

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
A Leatherman molle sheath
on: January 17, 2017, 10:13:10 PM
I have just recently bought a molle sheath after much debate and I am glad I finally did  :tu: I was looking for the thread were we discussed them back in the summer but had no luck finding it :think: I got the black XL molle sheath and have no idea if it is an older or a newer one :shrug:  Either way it is my go to sheath now (I have had it since last week) It fits the majority if not all the LM that I own so I never have to worry about what sheath I am going to use just what tool I am going to put in it ;) :D

I will try and get some pics up later of it :cheers: I know several of you have them so if you have any pics of them or just want to discuse how awesome or how not awesome they are for you then I'd love to hear it :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: A Leatherman molle sheath
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 02:30:37 AM
There are two Leatherman MOLLE sheaths- the USA made one is really good, while the China made ones are quite awful.  It sounds to me like you have one of the USA made ones.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 05:37:32 AM
Glad you are liking it  :tu:

I found these

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,55870.msg982727.html#msg982727

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,54700.msg951691.html#msg951691

Thanks for the link Steve :tu: I am still looking for the one where Aloha compared the different molle sheaths and that conversation took place this summer or spring :think: It may be in a completely different and unrelated thread though ::) :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:38:52 AM
There are two Leatherman MOLLE sheaths- the USA made one is really good, while the China made ones are quite awful.  It sounds to me like you have one of the USA made ones.

Def

I don't know what the differences are so I don't know :shrug:  I like it so far and it has been working for me so I am happy about that :D :like:

au Offline pietervn

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:30:50 AM
G'Day,

It is a good sheath. I have two that I use for the MUTs. I find them not suitable for belt carry, but that is me. I do like to clip them on a bag or other pouch. I have the USA made ones and they are top quality.

Cheers,

Pete

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 12:10:39 PM
G'Day,

It is a good sheath. I have two that I use for the MUTs. I find them not suitable for belt carry, but that is me. I do like to clip them on a bag or other pouch. I have the USA made ones and they are top quality.

Cheers,

Pete

I belt carry but I do like the option of clipping it to a bag as well :tu: :like: :like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:45:15 PM

Def

I don't know what the differences are so I don't know :shrug:  I like it so far and it has been working for me so I am happy about that :D :like:

Honestly, the differences are pretty significant- I am certain you will have noticed.  One feels robust and secure, and the other feels like an old sock fortified with velcro.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 08:18:28 AM
Hello. I just bought this unused from a private seller. Now I'm not sure if this is genuine or not. Any tips for me to determine if this is fake?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2017, 04:16:45 PM
Hello. I just bought this unused from a private seller. Now I'm not sure if this is genuine or not. Any tips for me to determine if this is fake?(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

The only thing to me that slightly rings a bell is the logo stitching  :think:.   The two I have sitting on my desk the logo stitching is a little thinner however they are not exactly the same to each other.  Honestly I wouldn't worry to much as LM does have their sheaths made in China.  If this is a China made non LM sanctioned sheath it kinda works the same anyways ( makes sense?).   
Esse Quam Videri

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 04:40:43 PM
Heres a good picture comparison TG24 did in reply 21. 
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65706.0.html

I post a couple pics here
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,61672.msg1144641.html#msg1144641
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,64746.msg1229139.html#msg1229139

Extremely helpful, Aloha! From these, I found out that that there are 3 Molle sheaths, and I have the worst  :-\

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 04:41:57 PM
Hello. I just bought this unused from a private seller. Now I'm not sure if this is genuine or not. Any tips for me to determine if this is fake?(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

The only thing to me that slightly rings a bell is the logo stitching  :think:.   The two I have sitting on my desk the logo stitching is a little thinner however they are not exactly the same to each other.  Honestly I wouldn't worry to much as LM does have their sheaths made in China.  If this is a China made non LM sanctioned sheath it kinda works the same anyways ( makes sense?).   

Somehow it does makes sense. Regardless, this will be the sheath I will use the least among my 3 sheaths  :-[

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:02 PM
I have the worst one as well  :facepalm: I have been using it for a while though as I have just been using the same sheath for whatever LM I am carrying that day so my only choice is when MT to carry :D

It is holding up pretty well so far but I would love to have one of the better quality ones as well :dd:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 04:56:01 PM
I have the worst one as well  :facepalm: I have been using it for a while though as I have just been using the same sheath for whatever LM I am carrying that day so my only choice is when MT to carry :D

It is holding up pretty well so far but I would love to have one of the better quality ones as well :dd:

Actually I prefer carrying my LMs without any sheaths and just use their pocketclips. I find clip carry and inside the waistband most comfortable for me  :like:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:32:47 PM by an0nemus »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 06:22:32 AM
I'll take a picture of my Molle sheath that has seen better days.  Its one of the lesser quality ones.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 06:29:53 AM
When I read the thread title. I read, leather molle sheath. Had to peek in to see  :think:
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 07:18:00 AM
When I read the thread title. I read, leather molle sheath. Had to peek in to see  :think:
And I had to Google one. Wow.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 05:07:53 PM
Wow that sheath is awesome :o :like: :like:

gb Offline nicolaeb

• Stay sharp
Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 07:15:31 PM
Mine was came with my wave , never used , I do prefer the nylon one with elastic extensions on the sides, just perfect for my FenixE05

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A310F folosind Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD