Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

360 BuckTool Engraved First Production

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

360 BuckTool Engraved First Production
on: December 23, 2016, 07:48:50 PM
This BuckTool came up on Ebay awhile back, so I bid and got it. I was very leery about buying it as I never seen one like it. So I sent a picture of it in an email to the Buck Knives Historian. A few days later I received a response back. It said he was pretty sure it was a Buck Factory BuckTool, and the person selling it was a Buck Collectors Club member so it was more evidence it is real. So when it arrived I took it to the Buck factory, after a couple of weeks I got an email to come back and pick up the BuckTool.
 Here is what I was told. The side that is engraved had been milled flat,and then engraved. The tool was then assembled by the Buck Factory. Unfortunately no one can remember any specifics about it, but they were confident enough to give me a Certificate of Authenticity that it was real. So I am confident that I have a very rare BuckTool.Here are some pictures.

This is what the 1st production  360 BuckTool that was produced looked like. Most of these went BCCI members.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:52:12 PM by THE_LONGBOW »

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: 360 BuckTool Engraved First Production
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:42:39 PM
WOW!! :o :o That is a FANTASTIC find you got there Mark!! :tu: Congratulations! Not only is the engraved logo and the lettering itself unique, am I correct in seeing that it also has some sort of gold tint in all of the cuts?! I wonder how they did that? Very impressive sir, very impressive indeed. I sure wish we knew more of the story behind this tool. Congrats again! :salute:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 11:23:24 PM
Awesome!!!     :o     :like:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline THE_LONGBOW

Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 10:56:07 PM
Thanks J-sews and David.
Yes there is a gold tint in the engraving, not sure how or what it is. There is almost no one at the factory that remembers any history of the BuckTool, so it makes it difficult to find info on tools like this. I was thinking when I first saw the tool, that some one had done this in their garage, but as Joe Hauser from Buck said if this is the case they went to a lot of trouble to do the engraving, and why did they go to all the trouble to do it with really no benefit for doing it..  I like it and think it is unique so that is what counts.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 11:32:19 PM
WOW!! :o :o That is a FANTASTIC find you got there Mark!! :tu: Congratulations! Not only is the engraved logo and the lettering itself unique, am I correct in seeing that it also has some sort of gold tint in all of the cuts?! I wonder how they did that? Very impressive sir, very impressive indeed. I sure wish we knew more of the story behind this tool. Congrats again! :salute:

+1 :salute:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:12 AM
I saw that one when it came up on ebay.  I was glad it went to a real Buck MT enthusiast  :D :salute:   :tu:
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 07:11:30 PM
Man I'm still cleaning up the drool in front of my keyboard from looking at this thing! :drool:

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 07:25:46 PM
Pretty awesome to have had Buck authenticate it as well.  Great snag and Congrats. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD