Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modifying a leatherman blade lock

gb Offline Boozybloke

• New User
Modifying a leatherman blade lock
on: January 21, 2017, 05:29:56 PM
Hia everyone. I've just signed up and this is my first post, although I have lurked for a while.

I already own a Charge TTi and a style PS, and I've just picked up a Wingman second hand for a steal. It looks like a really useful tool and I'd like to maybe EDC it. But... UK laws apply and the lock blade puts a kybosh on that. So I was wondering if there was a straightforward mod that would stop the blade from locking open? As I've got this for really cheap I don't mind if it's permanent.
I've had a try with the search function but not really turning up anything relevant, but apologies if this is an oft-asked question

Cheers in advance!

gb Offline Biker_Bob

Re: Modifying a leatherman blade lock
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Pop a small washer under the blade, can't remember the size but I think it may be M5.
The washer will hold down the liner lock and also provide some friction so that if you crank the pivot screw down the blade will have a little resistance to movement.
You can use the knife by holding your thumb forward of the pivot, with the end in the hole on the blade back - it's not ideal but you can do it.

gb Offline Boozybloke

• New User
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:08 PM
Awesome, thanks for that. I'm trying to work my way through the Hacker club thread but it's a bit slow going :P

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 09:22:57 PM
Looks like Bob has you covered  :tu:

Welcome to the forum  :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00