Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A tale of my pinky and the Vic Cybertool series

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
A tale of my pinky and the Vic Cybertool series
on: January 25, 2017, 10:14:23 PM
I have the soft hands of an office worker, so I tend to notice hotspots on knife handles very quickly. Now, on the Cybertool L and M, the bit driver tends to dig into my pinky when I use the large blade, no matter what bit I put in the closed driver. It's rather annoying as first world problems go. It's not a problem with S, as the hand wraps easier around the thinner handle. I was pretty curious as how the Cybertool Lite would handle, as the bit driver is farther away from the scales (on the L and M, the order is “scale, opener layer, bit driver”, on the Lite it is “scale, opener layer, magnifier and light layer, bit driver”). Funny enough, the hypothesis turned out to be correct. The extra distance places the bit driver in an area where the finger is curved a little up from the closed tools.

The Cybertools I think are most comfortable are the S and Lite, in other words the thickest and thinnest models. (Though the difference between the L and Lite is just half a millimeter.) I guess I'll just embrace my inner propeller head and carry Vic's most geeky knife with pride. (I'm a programmer, so it comes pretty naturally...)

I think it is interesting how our hands work. The number and selection of tools make a huge difference to me in how comfortable I find a SAK to handle.

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: A tale of my pinky and the Vic Cybertool series
Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:44:23 PM
Good observations S.  :tu:

I think what I notice the most is the position of the tool being used in relation to the offset, not having the handle centered requires some adjustment. I don't have a CT29 (S now?), but it looks like that one would be best as far as using the bit driver extensively.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:46:56 PM
SOmething to think about when deciding which one to buy :think: I still haven't got one yet but will someday :dd: :like: :like:

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:51:02 PM
Yeah, twiliter, with the 29/S you get the driver pretty much in the middle, and the smaller handle makes for a somewhat nimbler tool in general, I think. I have only used the driver for short periods of time, and often at the half-stop position, so I haven't really thought about which one is the best in that regard before.

Poncho65, I like them all, but they're SAKs, so that goes without saying?  :D (Most people would say “Get the M/34,” I think, and I agree that's the most obvious choice, but I now actually prefer the huge Lite myself.)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%