Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Question about PPP...

clown · 12 · 1333

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Question about PPP...
on: January 07, 2017, 07:25:01 PM
So I'm thinking about getting a PPP.  I was wondering if someone can explain why there are 7 tools on the S45 and only 6 on the S44.  Is there a spacer taking up a slot on the S44?  I ask because I plan on adding a set of scissors and am trying to figure which/how many tools I'll need to remove and which model I'll be trying to track down. 

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: Question about PPP...
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 07:44:42 PM
The S44 has a spacer on each side. The S45 fills the tool up with implements - no need for a spacer. You can easily add scissors to an S44. :tu:
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 07:53:05 PM
The S44 has a spacer on each side. The S45 fills the tool up with implements - no need for a spacer. You can easily add scissors to an S44. :tu:

Awesome thanks.  I'm assuming I'll still have to remove one of the large tools to allow for the pliers to clear when closed?

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 08:59:29 PM
You will have to lose the knife or file and put scissors in its place. Scissors take up the same space as two implements, so maybe scissors-phillips-awl in one handle and file-can opener-bottle opener-large screwdriver in the other, just as an example. Lots of options, though, that's the great thing about SOG.

Fair warning if you are unfamiliar - the SOG scissors are not very good. They cut paper fine, but that's about it. I put the V-cut in my PPP, and even though it won't do everything scissors will, it does a surprisingly good job across a variety of cutting tasks. However, if you are going to keep the knife in your PPP, the V-cut becomes pretty redundant. Just a suggestion.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 09:44:40 PM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:26:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys.  I think I'll just get one and carry it for a bit as is.  That way I can see what I end up using the most and what can go.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:53:59 PM
Thanks for the info guys.  I think I'll just get one and carry it for a bit as is.  That way I can see what I end up using the most and what can go.
Just some food for thought, if you are willing to wait a bit, SOG's new PowerAccess looks to be everything we have always dreamed an updated Pocket PowerPlier would be...
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 01:26:24 AM
Just some food for thought, if you are willing to wait a bit, SOG's new PowerAccess looks to be everything we have always dreamed an updated Pocket PowerPlier would be...

Yeah I was looking at that.  Kind of want to find an older PPP to try first though.  I like SOG's but I have a thing for the older ones.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 12:29:33 PM

Yeah I was looking at that.  Kind of want to find an older PPP to try first though.  I like SOG's but I have a thing for the older ones.

Wise thing. I like my older PPP and PP better than the newer PPP and the Powerlock!!   :salute:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 02:52:58 AM
Well, I now have a PPP of my very own on its way to me :) And....its a B44.  Yup, black.  Had been watching an auction for a used one on the bay and it didn't get any bids all week so I grabbed it up at the last minute.  The pics show some wear on the BO on the blade and file but it looks to be in good shape otherwise.  Comes with a broken in leather sheath that looks pretty nice. Probably paid a little more than I normally would for a user but it was the only black one I've ever come across for sale. 

Can't wait for it to get here.  Ill be sure to post pics.   So many folks on this forum have said good things about the PPP.  It'll be nice to have one in the stable. :tu: 

fi Offline Padre

Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 07:23:05 PM
Cannot wait for pics!
I love the 44 like it is actually. So nicely light and doesnt have stuff I dont care. I have few tools but I have other plans for them...  :like:
ppp is always a good choice!
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Finally got it!  Just need to track down a few tools to swap out/add.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%