Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Which armies issue Swisstools/Spirits?

ca Online Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Re: Which armies issue Swisstools/Spirits?
Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 11:39:38 PM
I am happy to hear you were served well with the Schrade.  :tu:
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 11:59:51 PM
I am happy to hear you were served well with the Schrade.  :tu:

Well, the point of my ramblings was that I wasn't. Mine's basically like new. I bought a Leatherman and used that.
As far as others go, they got used plenty for good, bad and indifferent.

ca Online Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 01:05:12 AM
Oh lol, I missed that.  :rofl:

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 02:51:41 AM
Hi ET,

Those clasp knives are cool.
Yep, still have the Schrade, good as new. I've come across stacks of them in various Q's and been offered many but the one I got at Kapooka remains basically unused. I've been on jobs where guys swapped them with US Army and Marines issued(?) Leatherman, quite a good deal for us, not so much for the Americans  ;)
I've got a few of those little spoon/can opener gadgets laying around and thrown out stacks. They come in rat packs.
I'm pretty well out now, well they can nab me back for another three years but all is quiet so far.

Another four weeks for you guys, I'm further north. Hope you're going alright down there  :cheers:

Just had a dig through some crap, I mean stuff, in my garage. Each one of those condiments, tea/coffee bags has one of those trinket spoons in them.
Can't believe that steak bar made it home :D
Thanks Greyman :tu:
Those FRED’s are way more common than I realised
They sell those steak bars in Coles I think, will have to try one :popcorn:

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 03:37:51 AM
Thanks Greyman :tu:
Those FRED’s are way more common than I realised
They sell those steak bars in Coles I think, will have to try one :popcorn:

Is Fred the spoon things name? I always used my multitool to open cans, sometimes used the little contraption. Rat packs also come with a plastic spoon which is much bigger.
I've only ever eaten those steak bars out of these packs, they're peppery and very processed. I've "enjoyed" many but the packs in general don't contain food I'd go out and buy  :D. Give one a try and see what you think. :popcorn:

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 03:39:41 AM
Oh lol, I missed that.  :rofl:

No worries. Must have got lost in my incessant dribbling  :rofl:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #36 on: July 29, 2021, 06:41:02 AM
Is Fred the spoon things name? I always used my multitool to open cans, sometimes used the little contraption. Rat packs also come with a plastic spoon which is much bigger.
I've only ever eaten those steak bars out of these packs, they're peppery and very processed. I've "enjoyed" many but the packs in general don't contain food I'd go out and buy  :D. Give one a try and see what you think. :popcorn:
Yes, field ration eating device, that’s what they call them in the surplus shops.

Aka f’n awful eating device too apparently :dunno:

Interesting you’ve never heard that and were in the forces, probably dates back to Vietnam or something

I like jerky and biltong so might give it a go

:cheers:

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #37 on: July 29, 2021, 07:44:07 AM
Yes, field ration eating device, that’s what they call them in the surplus shops.

Aka f’n awful eating device too apparently :dunno:

Interesting you’ve never heard that and were in the forces, probably dates back to Vietnam or something

I like jerky and biltong so might give it a go

That's probably why they provide the plastic spoon  ;)
Please don't tell me that Fred is worth any amount of reasonable money as I've discarded heaps of them.
I like jerky, and chillies for that matter. I had to look up biltong though.
The army is full of acronyms and old timey speak of the likes that I've never heard before but if you have the nous to be full bottle on what I'm talking about then I could let you stand over there, hurry up and wait, set yourself on fire/burst into flames and smoke a dirty darb otherwise you might get stabbed to do something ordinary because you've been voluntold.
Clear as mud ET? :whistle:
By the way, who'd like a motorbike licence?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 07:53:12 AM by Greyman »

au Offline Echotech

Which armies issue Swisstools/Spirits?
Reply #38 on: July 29, 2021, 10:11:49 AM
That's probably why they provide the plastic spoon  ;)
Please don't tell me that Fred is worth any amount of reasonable money as I've discarded heaps of them.
I like jerky, and chillies for that matter. I had to look up biltong though.
The army is full of acronyms and old timey speak of the likes that I've never heard before but if you have the nous to be full bottle on what I'm talking about then I could let you stand over there, hurry up and wait, set yourself on fire/burst into flames and smoke a dirty darb otherwise you might get stabbed to do something ordinary because you've been voluntold.
Clear as mud ET? :whistle:
By the way, who'd like a motorbike licence?
Love it :like: think I’ve got about half GMan but better wind me neck in and have a sneaky durrie in case I’m voluntold ( :rofl: that’s a goodie) for something quite different to what I reckon

Definitely no idea about motorbike license :dunno:

The FRED’s sell for about $5, seen them for $12 on fleabay

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #39 on: July 29, 2021, 12:08:38 PM
Love it :like: think I’ve got about half GMan but better wind me neck in and have a sneaky durrie in case I’m voluntold ( :rofl: that’s a goodie) for something quite different to what I reckon

Definitely no idea about motorbike license :dunno:

The FRED’s sell for about $5, seen them for $12 on fleabay

That's madness, well on my part anyway for chucking so many, that those things are worth that much.

I'll try and recap my nonsensical ramblings.
A darb is a cigarette. Never heard that anywhere else like you do durrie etc.
Burst into flames or set yourself on fire is to smoke (a darb).
(I'm not a smoker).
Full bottle is along the lines of understanding/knowing what's going on.
Hurry up and wait, you get the picture. Get sorted quickly and efficiently, be ready but wait an unspecified and possibly long time to move.
Voluntold, well you can see what they did there.
Stabbed, you've been chosen or singled out to do something likely unpleasant or generally undesirable.
Then the motorbike licence. I'm certain this ones pretty old so all but the unwary or gullible would fall for this one. Basically you're not getting a course/access to a bike. It'd be a "come with me" kind of affair only to find out you've been "stabbed". Of course either way someone is going to be "voluntold".

So many random things that one would never come across in normal life. Like a pissophone or honey pot (not the tasty kind).

Anyway, I've banged on an awful lot on this thread ET and unfortunately very little has been on topic so I'll stop hogging the bandwidth.

ca Online Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #40 on: July 29, 2021, 12:52:43 PM
On topic is optional in these forums for the most part. The Moderators are sharp but overall laid back. Just no politics and keep the discussions civil and family friendly, oh and spamming advert that you profit from is a hard no. MT.O are some of the friendliest forums on the Intermet. So you are doing good! 😎👍

00 Offline Greyman

Reply #41 on: July 29, 2021, 02:09:40 PM
On topic is optional in these forums for the most part. The Moderators are sharp but overall laid back. Just no politics and keep the discussions civil and family friendly, oh and spamming advert that you profit from is a hard no. MT.O are some of the friendliest forums on the Intermet. So you are doing good! 😎👍

Thanks mate :cheers:
Yeah, I don't mind a decent rant obviously. And yes, I agree that MTO does appear to be a friendly, layed back scene.
Cheers to comradery :drink:

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #42 on: July 31, 2021, 09:23:55 AM
So I had a reply back from Victorinox:
“Thank you for your reply and the sent pictures.
The reference number of the Dutch Army SwissTool Spirit is 3.0223.3. For the Belgian Army we used the SwissTool Spirit 3.0227.N.
We hope to have helped you with these information and wish you a good day.
Kind regards from the "Swiss Knife Valley”

Defence Forces which issue Victorinox Swiss Tools to their personnel.

SPIRIT:
Australia (Navy?): Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, with crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
Belgium: Spirit XC (Plain, no crimpers, engraved with Belgian Defence and BEL-2015-XXXXX (issue number) on handles; standard nylon pouch). Model number 3.0227.N. Since 2015.
Netherlands: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since ?
Switzerland: Spirit X (XBS) (Black oxide, with crimpers; green nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.3CN (previously 3.0224.3CCH). Since ?

SWISSTOOL (unless stated, all are the BS (black oxide) model, 3.0323.3CN, which has crimpers and comes with a standard nylon pouch):
Australia (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2000.
Denmark
Finland
France (Felin (Fantassin à Équipements et Liaisons Intégrés) programme): NSN 5110-14-564-6737. Since 2013.
Malaysian Police
Norway
United Arab Emirates

The 3.0227.N model pictured below.

Anyone got pictures of the Malaysian Police and United Arab Emirates issue tools in use?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:31:15 AM by Guardian »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

au Offline Echotech

Reply #43 on: July 31, 2021, 09:33:03 AM
Thanks Guardian, been meaning to thank for the list, very interesting :tu:

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #44 on: July 31, 2021, 09:51:11 AM
You’re welcome  :hatsoff:
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #45 on: July 31, 2021, 02:13:24 PM
Belgium issues Spirits??
Honestly I do not believe that!
The Belgian army NEVER bought what's good, only what's cheap.

Any pics as evidence?
I'd genuinly be mindblown. :dd:

And, courtesy of pictures from Ivo and the information supplied by Victorinox, we have, finally, proof of a Belgian issue Spirit; :pok:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 02:22:39 PM by Guardian »
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

au Offline Echotech

Reply #46 on: July 31, 2021, 02:16:10 PM
:like: :tu:

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #47 on: July 31, 2021, 03:56:33 PM

SPIRIT:
Australia (Navy?): Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, with crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
Belgium: Spirit XC (Plain, no crimpers, engraved with Belgian Defence and BEL-2015-XXXXX (issue number) on handles; standard nylon pouch). Model number 3.0227.N. Since 2015.
Netherlands: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since 2006?
Switzerland: Spirit X (XBS) (Black oxide, with crimpers; green nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.3CN (previously 3.0224.3CCH). Since 2004?

SWISSTOOL (unless stated, all are the BS (black oxide) model, 3.0323.3CN, which has crimpers and comes with a standard nylon pouch):
Australia (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2001.
Denmark: Recorded in army stores as: SSP Kniv, multifunktion, M11. Since October 2011.
Finland: NSN 5110-09-510-9218. Since at least 2014.
France (Felin (Fantassin à Équipements et Liaisons Intégrés) programme): NSN 5110-14-564-6737. Since 2008.
Royal Malaysia Police: Engraved with police insignia on both handles. Version which includes the letters EOD also issued.
Norway: Since 1998.
United Arab Emirates

Royal Malaysia Police version, courtesy of Wunan, pictured below;
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 04:10:50 PM by Guardian »
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #48 on: August 01, 2021, 05:04:00 PM

SPIRIT:
Australia (Navy?): Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, no crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
Netherlands: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since 2005.
Switzerland: Spirit X (XBS) (Black oxide, with crimpers; green nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.3CN (previously 3.0224.3CCH). Since 2004?

Australia (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. Model number 3.0323.3N. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2001.
Denmark: Recorded in army stores as: SSP Kniv, multifunktion, M11. Since October 2011.
France (Felin (Fantassin à Équipements et Liaisons Intégrés) programme): NSN 5110-14-564-6737. Since 2008.
Royal Malaysia Police: Police insignia printed on both handles. Version which includes the letters EOD also issued.
Switzerland: Issued to the Festungswachtkorps (Fortress Guard Corps) which was disbanded in 2003. Issued with consecutive numbers. Model number 3.0323.N.
Norway: Model number 3.0323.3N. Since 1998.
United Arab Emirates
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 06:39:06 PM by Guardian »
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #49 on: August 14, 2021, 10:33:12 PM

SPIRIT:
Australia (Navy?): Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, no crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
Netherlands: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since 2010.

Australia (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. Model number 3.0323.3N. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2001.
Royal Malaysia Police: Police insignia printed on both handles. Version which includes the letters EOD also issued.
Switzerland: Issued to the Festungswachtkorps (Fortress Guard Corps) which was disbanded in 2003. Issued with consecutive numbers. Model number 3.0323.N.
Norway: Model number 3.0323.3N. Since 1998.
United Arab Emirates: ?
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

au Offline Echotech

Reply #50 on: August 15, 2021, 05:55:32 AM
:tu: :like:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #51 on: August 19, 2021, 05:29:30 PM
And, courtesy of pictures from Ivo and the information supplied by Victorinox, we have, finally, proof of a Belgian issue Spirit; :pok:
:hatsoff:

The quest begins...
And I'd love to know more about them.

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #52 on: August 19, 2021, 06:48:36 PM
:hatsoff:

The quest begins...
And I'd love to know more about them.

I’d love to have one :whistle:
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #53 on: August 19, 2021, 06:49:39 PM
I’d love to have one :whistle:
I'm Belgian and I've never even seen one...
So good luck!

Do let me know if you get one though :pok:

au Offline Echotech

Reply #54 on: August 24, 2021, 10:14:03 AM
Australian Army BO Swiss Tool on eBay for a good price if anyone’s interested. Tempted myself at this price but do already have one

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/militaria-australian-Army-Victorinox-Muti-Tool-Knife-/274918271666?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #55 on: August 24, 2021, 03:09:58 PM
Australian Army BO Swiss Tool on eBay for a good price if anyone’s interested. Tempted myself at this price but do already have one

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/militaria-australian-Army-Victorinox-Muti-Tool-Knife-/274918271666?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0

Good find   :tu:, but it's ended now (but not recorded as "sold", perhaps the seller intends to relist it for a higher price, or sold it elsewhere). 
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #56 on: August 26, 2021, 04:45:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has seen an United Arab Emirates 🇦🇪 issue Swisstolol? Does it actually exist as this picture suggested?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 04:50:14 PM by Guardian »
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #57 on: July 25, 2022, 09:16:02 AM
Bump; any new countries that anyone knows about?

Defence Forces which issue Victorinox Swiss Tools as standard equipment to their personnel.

SPIRIT:
AUSTRALIA: Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, no crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
BELGIUM: Spirit XC (Plain, no crimpers, engraved with ‘Belgian Defence’ and ‘BEL-2015-XXXXX’ (issue number) on handles; standard black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0227.N. Since 2015.
NETHERLANDS: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; brown leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since 2010.
SWITZERLAND: Spirit X (XBS) (Black oxide, with crimpers; green nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.3CN (previously 3.0224.3CCH). Since 2004?

SWISSTOOL:
All are the BS (black oxide) model, either with crimpers (3.0323.3CN) or without crimpers (3.0323.3N). Supplied with the standard black nylon pouch.

DENMARK: Recorded in army stores as: SSP Kniv, multifunktion, M11.
Model number 3.0323.3CN. Since October 2011.
FINLAND: Model number 3.0323.3CN. NSN 5110-09-510-9218. Since at least 2014.
FRANCE: Issued as part of the Felin (Fantassin à Équipements et Liaisons Intégrés) programme. Model number 3.0323.3CN. NSN 5110-14-564-6737. Since 2008.
MALAYSIA (Police): Royal Malaysian Police insignia printed on both handles. Version which includes the letters EOD also issued. Model number 3.0323.3CN.
NORWAY: Model number 3.0323.3N. Since 1998.
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: ?

Previously issued to:
AUSTRALIA (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. Model number 3.0323.3N. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2001
SWITZERLAND: Issued to the Festungswachtkorps (Fortress Guard Corps) which was disbanded in 2003. Supplied with consecutive numbers. Model number 3.0323.N.
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #58 on: March 05, 2023, 08:17:05 PM
UPDATE (info from EMZ’s post :D)

Defence Forces which issue Victorinox Swiss Tools as standard equipment to their personnel.

SPIRIT:
AUSTRALIA: Spirit MXBS (Black oxide, no crimpers, one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades; special black nylon MOLLE pouch). Model number 3.0226.3AUS. NSN 5110-66-166-1357. Since 2020.
BELGIUM: Spirit XC (Plain, no crimpers, engraved with ‘Belgian Defence’ and ‘BEL-2015-XXXXX’ (issue number) on handles; standard black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0227.N. Since 2015.
NETHERLANDS: Spirit S (Black oxide, no crimpers; brown leather pouch embossed with Dutch forces interservices logo, now replaced with black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0223.3. NSN 5110-17-113-2998. Since 2010.
SWITZERLAND: Spirit X (XBS) (Black oxide, with crimpers; green nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.3CN (previously 3.0224.3CCH). Since 2004?

SWISSTOOL:
All are the BS (black oxide) model. Either with crimpers (3.0323.3CN), without crimpers (3.0323.3N) or one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades and crimpers (3.0326.M3CN). Supplied with the standard black nylon pouch.

FRANCE: Issued as part of the Felin (Fantassin à Équipements et Liaisons Intégrés) programme. Model number 3.0323.3CN. NSN 5110-14-564-6737. Since 2008.
MALAYSIA (Police): Royal Malaysian Police insignia printed on both handles. Version including the letters EOD also issued. Model number 3.0323.3CN.
SWITZERLAND: Issued to the Explosives Engineers (‘Mineurs’) with their insignia printed on handle. Model number 3.0326.M3CN. Since 2022/23?

Previously issued to:
AUSTRALIA (Army): Engraved ‘Broad Arrow’ & NSN on handle. Model number 3.0323.3N. NSN 5110-25-147-5018. Since 2001
SWITZERLAND: Issued to the Festungswachtkorps (Fortress Guard Corps) which was disbanded in 2003. Supplied with consecutive numbers. Model number 3.0323.N
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

england Offline Guardian

• Unless
Reply #59 on: July 23, 2023, 09:07:23 AM
UPDATE & CORRECTION

SPIRIT:
BELGIUM: Spirit XC (Plain, no crimpers, engraved with ‘Belgian Defence’ and ‘BEL-2015-XXXXX’ (issue number) on handles; standard black nylon pouch). Model number 3.0224.N. NSN 5110-13-121-9231    Since 2015.

SWISSTOOL:
All are the BS (black oxide) model. Either with crimpers (3.0323.3CN), without crimpers (3.0323.3N) or one handed opening drop point and serrated emergency blades and crimpers (3.0326.M3CN). Supplied with the standard black nylon pouch.

MALAYSIA (Police): Royal Malaysian Police insignia printed on both handles. Version including the letters EOD also issued. Model number 3.0323.3CN.
SWITZERLAND: Issued to the Explosives Engineers (‘Mineurs’) with their insignia printed on handle. Model number 3.0326.M3CN. Since 2022/23?

Previously issued to:
SWITZERLAND: Issued to the Festungswachtkorps (Fortress Guard Corps) which was disbanded in 2003. Supplied with consecutive numbers. Model number 3.0323.N
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD