Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Post your SAW + SAK photos!

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Post your SAW + SAK photos!
on: December 22, 2016, 07:51:31 PM
Thought it might be cool to have a thread for sharing pics of our swiss army watches with our swiss army knives together. Or maybe it's just a good excuse to take more pictures :)

Here's my new Victorinox Airboss with my Pioneer X

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Post your SAW + SAK photos!
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 10:40:06 PM
Question guys :think: Does Vic make any clip or carabiner watches?  That is the only type of watch that I use and would love to have a Vic watch :dd:

Cool thread BTW :cheers: :cheers: :like:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:56:48 PM
Question guys :think: Does Vic make any clip or carabiner watches?  That is the only type of watch that I use and would love to have a Vic watch :dd:

What are you? A nurse? Haha!
Seriously though, why such a watch above a wrissmurfch?

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:38:33 AM

I have the desktop clock version of the original swiss army watch. Maybe they make it with a carabiner version as well?

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:44:34 AM
Some time ago I had the battery of my SAW replaced. The man in the shop saw the watch and said: That's a nice Tissot you've got there. Which had me wondering. Who is the manufacturer of these watches, really? I don't suppose Victorinox and Wenger produced them?

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 03:02:59 PM
Since 2002, Victorinox has had their own manufacturing plant in Switzerland. Not sure about Wenger

https://bellatory.com/fashion-accessories/The-Unvarnished-Truth-About-Victorinox-Swiss-Army-Watches

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 01:37:10 AM

In my line of work any wrist watch is going to be messed up pretty quickly ;) A clip watch can be put on my front left jean loop and at least receive some protection from mortar, stone, brick and block  :cheers: Plus I never can find a watch that fits correctly as I don't have the smallest wrists around  :ahhh Plus even on vacation I can bring the watch with me just clipped to my bag on the inside and off I go :D

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 03:49:22 AM

In my line of work any wrist watch is going to be messed up pretty quickly ;) A clip watch can be put on my front left jean loop and at least receive some protection from mortar, stone, brick and block  :cheers: Plus I never can find a watch that fits correctly as I don't have the smallest wrists around  :ahhh Plus even on vacation I can bring the watch with me just clipped to my bag on the inside and off I go :D

Sounds like you probably have to go with a Gshock if anything for a wrist watch. Those babies can withstand some abuse :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 05:39:42 AM

Sounds like you probably have to go with a Gshock if anything for a wrist watch. Those babies can withstand some abuse :)

Abuse yes :D but mortar can get into some things and ruin them :facepalm: Plus I am not really someone who likes stuff on my wrists :shrug:  That is why I was asking about the clip as I have wrissmurfches and never wear them cause I just don't feel comfortable with them on :think: I have worn a clip or carabiner type watch for years and it would be hard to break that habit anyways :whistle: I have had a few good ones over the years but seems that the last few have been cheapos  because I haven't found anything local any better :-\

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 06:11:27 PM
Abuse yes :D but mortar can get into some things and ruin them :facepalm: Plus I am not really someone who likes stuff on my wrists :shrug:  That is why I was asking about the clip as I have wrissmurfches and never wear them cause I just don't feel comfortable with them on :think: I have worn a clip or carabiner type watch for years and it would be hard to break that habit anyways :whistle: I have had a few good ones over the years but seems that the last few have been cheapos  because I haven't found anything local any better :-\

Wait a minute. Mortar is not good for watches? ;)  That make sense :)

How about a Victorinox pocket watch:

I don't think that they make them anymore, but you could watch the used market.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 06:13:16 PM
I should have looked first. Here's one on Ebay with a leather belt pouch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-Condition-Swiss-Army-Pocket-Watch-W-Leather-Belt-Pouch/252696543133. There are more if interested.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 03:55:40 AM
I should have looked first. Here's one on Ebay with a leather belt pouch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-Condition-Swiss-Army-Pocket-Watch-W-Leather-Belt-Pouch/252696543133. There are more if interested.

Thanks for the link :salute: Now that I know more what to look for with the Vic watches I can check them out :cheers: :like:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 10:13:26 AM

Thanks for the link :salute: Now that I know more what to look for with the Vic watches I can check them out :cheers: :like:

Glad that helps  :cheers:

I would think you could take that pocket watch version, remove the chain, and add your own carabiner if that's how you like to carry :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 04:43:55 AM

Glad that helps  :cheers:

I would think you could take that pocket watch version, remove the chain, and add your own carabiner if that's how you like to carry :)

Before I wore clip watches I had a leather pocket watch holder that I used to hold a couple different watches on my belt :tu: That is what got me into clip and carabiner watches years ago :cheers:

My faorite was a Leatherman carabiner watch that came in a gift set tin with my Blast :dd: I think that watch lasted for over 3 years and was put through the mill and took a beating and kept on ticking :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 04:44:46 AM
I also have a few pocket watches that I occasionally carry but never to work ;) :like:

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 05:46:40 PM
Saw these 1990's (supposedly) SAW ads today and thought I'd share them here even though there are no SAKs in the photos. Although 2 of the ads do mention SAKs.
swiss army watch ad.jpg
* swiss army watch ad.jpg (Filesize: 219.36 KB)
swiss army watch ad 2.jpg
* swiss army watch ad 2.jpg (Filesize: 204.26 KB)

* 1993-The-SWISS-ARMY-BRAND-OFFICERS-Watch.jpg (Filesize: 38.62 KB)
Swiss Army Delata Ad.jpg
* Swiss Army Delata Ad.jpg (Filesize: 352.47 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%