Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you do for a living AND how does your multitool fit in?

Pacu · 35 · 4190

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Re: What do you do for a living AND how does your multitool fit in?
Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:35 PM
What I do for a living?

Essentially I make ice creams for a very small, very well respected independently owned restaurant. I do other stuff too but the meat of my job is dessert presentation and production. I don't use any of my tools for actual work per se since my chef knife kit and my Pacific Salt handle most of my work-related tasks.

How does your multi-tool fit in?

Well, that small restaurant I work at is located within a building that was built in 1912 and has been continuously occupied ever since. As such it is very important for me to carry my multi-tool since the odd patchwork of repairs and duct tape that hold the place together are always in need of upkeep. My tools also come in handy with the odd work related task but I use them to fix the actual building more.

It's kind of a craphole. The roof leaks, there are stairs in the kitchen, and the air conditioner is woefully underpowered. But the food is oh so excellent, easily the best restaurant in the state.

Offline trickknife

• Deputy Dog
Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 10:38:44 PM
Well, I'm a dad so I naturally have tons of things to do for my wife and kids.  I fix toys, rewire stuff, change batteries, cut branches, pull weeds (especially the pokey ones).  Ain't a day goes by when i don't have to use my tool.   ::)

Rick
-

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 12:11:26 AM
My job besides being on here  :P is working as a Grocery Manager for small chain of grocery stores here in southeast georgia.

My tool rarely plays a role and I rarely carry one at work, sucks really...could actually be fun. I do carry small tools or my charge hoping something comes along that needs fixing, but it never happens.

David

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 12:37:43 AM
Haha, this is off-topic, but the "meat" of SpoonRobot's job, is making ice cream!

I'm probably the only one who thinks that this is funny.
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 01:14:24 AM
I laughed at that too actually- I was thinking of a nice steak with some ice cream on it- make a great dessert!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%