Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SOSAK members?

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Re: SOSAK members?
Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 05:24:11 AM
Nice collection but you are missing a couple.  There was a Wenger New Ranger (which I believe was the last one) and the first one was a black scaled Huntsman with no date.  Oh and the Sapphire one.... Tinker maybe?  That was so long ago I can barely remember!

Def

Did some more digging and came up with these. There's also a Wenger Ranger that's not readily coming to light.
EXCELLENT showing ,Colo - I had never seen any of these.  :cheers: 8)

P.S.
Were in the heck is that lil feller who needs ta be postin' them NANA Man dancers?  :think: :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:26:06 AM by cali-SAK-attack »
***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 08:05:14 AM
Nice collection but you are missing a couple.  There was a Wenger New Ranger (which I believe was the last one) and the first one was a black scaled Huntsman with no date.  Oh and the Sapphire one.... Tinker maybe?  That was so long ago I can barely remember!

Def

Did some more digging and came up with these. There's also a Wenger Ranger that's not readily coming to light.

P.S.
Were in the heck is that lil feller who needs ta be postin' them NANA Man dancers?  :think: :D

Thanks. Def may correct this, but as I recall there was a dealer who ordered out the annual knives for sale to the members. Fairly small numbers most years.

no Offline Steinar

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 11:51:17 AM
Noticed MT.o started up, but I'm more of a knife and SAK guy than a pliers based MT guy, so it didn't really register on the radar. That changed as KF became more and more annoying to use (really annoying ads, IIRC) and all the cool kids had moved here anyway, as ColoSwiss mentioned. I used to post on BF too, but drifted away.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Yep me too  :salute:

us Offline sergemaster

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 04:45:54 PM
Amici,
Count me in as well, former SOSAK member also reporting in. Gosh how the time flies by..

Cheers,
Serge

'I will NOT be threatened by a walking Meatloaf!!' - D. Kessler

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 05:29:16 PM
 I was a member a while back.  Seems like forever ago.

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 05:56:00 PM
Are we Awl here now?  :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: December 23, 2016, 07:36:16 PM

Def

P.S.

I might post the nana man dancers but I will assure you that you are the first person to call me a lil fellar in a long time :rofl:

:nanadance:     :nanadance:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 07:41:41 PM
I was a MTOer first and only followed you (Def) and a couple others from here over there for a while (it was while you were still a mod there :o :D )

MTO was home and SOSAK at KF was just a place I visited more though :D

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 08:32:27 PM
Old SOSAKer here.

I remember being a fairly active member there and hearing about this odd multitool site Def had set up.  Came and had a look and kinda thought it wasn't for me. :D  Thankfully I decided I'd give it another go...
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Joe58

Reply #40 on: December 23, 2016, 10:25:17 PM
I started out on SOSAK as well then migrated on over here. Sure seems like a king time ago now. :)
🇨🇭

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: December 23, 2016, 10:35:43 PM
Old SOSAKer here.(Image removed from quote.)

I remember being a fairly active member there and hearing about this odd multitool site Def had set up.  Came and had a look and kinda thought it wasn't for me. :D  Thankfully I decided I'd give it another go...

The couple others besides Def that I followed over there were you and Neil :D

us Offline Grateful

Reply #42 on: December 23, 2016, 11:25:24 PM

Anyone remember these? Mine has seen better days but I wore it proudly for several years. The old Secret Order is what turned me onto saks, now I carry one everyday and have no idea how I ever got by without one.
Jim

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: December 23, 2016, 11:38:35 PM
Just wanted to throw a pic in that got me started on SOSAK. A big thank you to everyone who may have helped me in identifying it and translating what the blade stamp says. That had to be well over a decade ago.
IMG_5882.JPG
* IMG_5882.JPG (Filesize: 251.84 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #44 on: December 24, 2016, 01:27:48 AM

Def

P.S.

Thanks. Def may correct this, but as I recall there was a dealer who ordered out the annual knives for sale to the members. Fairly small numbers most years.

Just a slight correction- it wasn't a dealer per se.  It was Travis who handled them for us and he wasn't a Knife dealer, he was a promo guy.  His day job was at a radio station but on the side he did promo merchandise- you give him a copy of your logo and tell him what products you want and he sends you a package and a bill.  The Knife of the Year program was 100% his idea from 5he very beginning.

I did everything I could to promote the stuff he came up with and I always pushed him for more, but it was totally his show.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: December 24, 2016, 01:29:10 AM
I was a MTOer first and only followed you (Def) and a couple others from here over there for a while (it was while you were still a mod there :o :D )

MTO was home and SOSAK at KF was just a place I visited more though :D

I believe I'm still listed as the Mod there.  It doesn't seem like anyone is minding the store these days.

I haven't logged in for years and can't even recall my password.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: December 24, 2016, 01:31:01 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Anyone remember these? Mine has seen better days but I wore it proudly for several years. The old Secret Order is what turned me onto saks, now I carry one everyday and have no idea how I ever got by without one.
Jim

I still have mine!

And even cooler, I had sent my father a Fox 40 whistle a few years ago with a lanyard I had tied for an article and a SOSAKONLINE carabiner.  They are all still clipped to his kayak for emergencies!

Def

us Offline cali-SAK-attack

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: December 24, 2016, 01:50:10 AM

Def

P.S.

I might post the nana man dancers but I will assure you that you are the first person to call me a lil fellar in a long time :rofl:

Ya don't say , Tiny  :think: :pok: :D :cheers:
***CLICK on my pics to see actual sized photo :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #48 on: December 24, 2016, 02:22:31 AM

Def

P.S.

Ya don't say , Tiny  :think: :pok: :D :cheers:

That is correct :salute: :D

us Offline Grateful

Reply #49 on: December 24, 2016, 02:35:16 AM

Jim

I still have mine!

And even cooler, I had sent my father a Fox 40 whistle a few years ago with a lanyard I had tied for an article and a SOSAKONLINE carabiner.  They are all still clipped to his kayak for emergencies!

Def

That is pretty cool. Do you by any chance remember what year the hats were made? If i remember right we were still on Knifeforms. Does that sound right?

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: December 24, 2016, 02:40:00 AM

I've been cyber-stalked for years and didn't know it!  :ahhh

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: December 24, 2016, 02:50:50 AM

I've been cyber-stalked for years and didn't know it!  :ahhh

:wink:

:rofl:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #52 on: December 24, 2016, 01:49:40 PM

Jim

I still have mine!

Def

That is pretty cool. Do you by any chance remember what year the hats were made? If i remember right we were still on Knifeforms. Does that sound right?

It was definitely a KF year.  I don't recall when we did them but a quick look at the archives on Swiss Army knights.Com shows this discussion of them from 2007:

http://swissarmyknights.com/articles/blogarchive/74-blog-10-27-07

So my guess would be sometime around then.

Def

us Offline deputy tom

Reply #53 on: December 24, 2016, 08:57:22 PM
I'm an old SOSAK member. I still stop by the old forum from time to time. Things aren't the same as the old days. Merry Christmas everyone! tom.  :cheers:
Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #54 on: December 24, 2016, 09:33:43 PM
I'm an old SOSAK member. I still stop by the old forum from time to time. Things aren't the same as the old days. Merry Christmas everyone! tom.  :cheers:

Always great to see you around here Tom :cheers: :cheers: :like:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #55 on: December 24, 2016, 10:02:46 PM
Absolutely!  It's always great to see you Tom!

Merry Christmas and all the best in 2017!  Don't be a stranger!   :pok:

Def

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: December 24, 2016, 10:19:16 PM
Great to see you Tom. :cheers:

us Offline 7.5mas

Reply #57 on: December 25, 2016, 02:07:20 AM
Joined a long time ago & still loving SAK's    :climber:
:climber:

us Offline getahl

Reply #58 on: December 25, 2016, 04:50:24 AM
Sosak member here, from about 2007 or so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

de Offline Storky

• A happy fart never comes from a miserable ass.
Reply #59 on: January 31, 2017, 11:41:35 AM
Another SOSAK member here. I joined the order when I (re)start my SAK love.
I was more the reader type than the writer  :whistle:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD