Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2018 Calendar Photos- February

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: 2018 Calendar Photos- February
Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 12:07:54 PM
Bubinga handles... made out of pure plastic. Grrrr.
Also a Swedish knife, at a Swedish price. But maybe made in China. They don't say on the packaging. Grrrr.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:53 PM
Bubinga handles... made out of pure plastic. Grrrr.
Also a Swedish knife, at a Swedish price. But maybe made in China. They don't say on the packaging. Grrrr.

(Image removed from quote.)

Really? I don't want to not believe you and I've mostly seen older knives and they are all wood but I find it unreasonable. If nothing else because Swedish consumer law is fairly strong and they shouldn't be able to get away with such a thing. Might it be stabilised wood? Treated with epoxy to last, that could explain marketing it as Bubinga but having a plastic feel to it. Have you disassembled the knife to check the inside of the scales?

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 01:47:02 PM
Really? I don't want to not believe you and I've mostly seen older knives and they are all wood but I find it unreasonable. If nothing else because Swedish consumer law is fairly strong and they shouldn't be able to get away with such a thing. Might it be stabilised wood? Treated with epoxy to last, that could explain marketing it as Bubinga but having a plastic feel to it. Have you disassembled the knife to check the inside of the scales?

The EKA website says "Ergonomic checkered G10 Camo wooden handles" - the online shop I purchased from said "Bubinga". The packaging itself says "Eka Swede 9 Wood.... Handle material: Camo-Wood." So I guess that's plastic.
Nowhere on the packaging does it say "Made in....." which is weird. I have heard that they make all their knives in China. I don't know if this is true. All I know is that they have done a stellar job of making me feel stupid. Did I really spend 62 euros on a Chinese-made knife with plastic handles? Seems so.

I've seen videos about their other knives and clearly the wood on them is real wood! But the Swede 9 seems to be a bit of an exception. There's very little about it on Youtube, just one vid made by a Russian guy - and I don't speak Russian.

Maybe I'll make a video myself to save people making the same mistake.

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 04:36:15 PM

The EKA website says "Ergonomic checkered G10 Camo wooden handles" - the online shop I purchased from said "Bubinga". The packaging itself says "Eka Swede 9 Wood.... Handle material: Camo-Wood." So I guess that's plastic.
Nowhere on the packaging does it say "Made in....." which is weird. I have heard that they make all their knives in China. I don't know if this is true. All I know is that they have done a stellar job of making me feel stupid. Did I really spend 62 euros on a Chinese-made knife with plastic handles? Seems so.

I've seen videos about their other knives and clearly the wood on them is real wood! But the Swede 9 seems to be a bit of an exception. There's very little about it on Youtube, just one vid made by a Russian guy - and I don't speak Russian.

Maybe I'll make a video myself to save people making the same mistake.

Indeed it looks like they have gone through quite a lot of trouble to deceive customers, especially in combination with how retail sites then word it. It is also really easy to mix things up since the Swede 8 and 10 is available in real wood (according to EKAs site). I'm sorry you got a bad deal, I have been reasonably happy with my EKA knives but then most of them have been used and priced accordingly. I wasn't impressed with the edge on the Nordic H8 I picked up but at least it is real wood!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 04:12:28 PM
Haven't been online much these last couple of weeks so I missed the Januari pics topic ...  :-[

Anyway, here are some of my "February pics":

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 04:18:36 PM
Haven't been online much these last couple of weeks so I missed the Januari pics topic ...  :-[

Anyway, here are some of my "February pics":

It didn't go unnoticed!
Missed your Spirit pics! :tu:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 04:26:12 PM
It didn't go unnoticed!

Thanks mate  :salute:.

Real life keeps getting in the way of my MTO time ...  ::)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 04:40:18 PM
Outstanding pics TG  !     :like:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 04:51:32 PM

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 04:53:29 PM
I agree.  :like:
Nate

SEND IT!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 05:20:00 PM
That first one of TG's is a real winner! :tu:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 06:48:49 PM
It didn't go unnoticed!

Not a lot of spare time myself lately. But during lunch break, after dinner, etc I'm able to take a quick peek thanks to Tapatalk.

Then again, I'm about to fill my new tool drawer with my multis in a few minutes so that might count as some MTO time as well... :think:

It'll empty a box from the moving so it'll keep the girlfriend happy as well!
Talking about a win-win situation :dd:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 09:51:02 PM
Thanks for the sweet comments my friends  :hatsoff:.

All these pics are quite old, I don't seem to find the time to take new ones these days, my wife and kids gave me two Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110's, and I've not yet found the time to take them out for a fieldtest and/or photoshoot ...  ::).

It didn't go unnoticed!

Then again, I'm about to fill my new tool drawer with my multis in a few minutes so that might count as some MTO time as well... :think:

Filling a multitool drawer (or anything that has something to do with multitools) is considered as "playtime" by my wife  :P. (And she's right, I consider it playtime myself  ;)).

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 09:53:53 PM
Thanks for the sweet comments my friends  :hatsoff:.

All these pics are quite old, I don't seem to find the time to take new ones these days, my wife and kids gave me two Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110's, and I've not yet found the time to take them out for a fieldtest and/or photoshoot ...  ::).

It didn't go unnoticed!

Filling a multitool drawer (or anything that has something to do with multitools) is considered as "playtime" by my wife  :P. (And she's right, I consider it playtime myself  ;)).

:D :D :D
Going back at it tomorrow :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:23 PM

Absolutely.  :drool:

Good to see you around TG. :tu:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: February 07, 2017, 10:43:47 PM
Nice one's TG :dd:  Have missed you on here buddy :cheers:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #46 on: February 07, 2017, 11:07:57 PM

Absolutely.  :drool:

Good to see you around TG. :tu:

Nice one's TG :dd:  Have missed you on here buddy :cheers:

Thanks my friends  :salute:.

I'm hoping to spend more time with my MTO family again soon, I'm missing you guys ... 

But since the birth of our little girl Caitlin last april it's been pretty hectic here, no more babysitting help from my parents or my wife's parents (which they told us about a week before my wife had to start working again, while during the pregnancy, they told us we could count on their help ...)  me and my wife are both working full time jobs, both having to work weekends (my wife every other weekend, and me one weekend out of four), which makes that we only have one weekend out of four that we are home together ... My boss reorganising the team I work in, letting outside companies take over half of our work, leaving us with almost no more job security ... while we can work our a**es off to correct all the mistakes these outside companies make ...

Anyway, no need to trouble you guys with my personal problems while other people have a lot bigger problems than mine  :-[.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
Did I just kill this topic with my rambling ...  :dwts:

Come on guys and girls, post those "February Pics" :pok: :pok: :pok:.

Some extra poking ...

:pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok: :pok:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:05:00 PM by Top-Gear-24 »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 09:43:35 PM

I was thinking the same, but I guess not.
We just don't know how to help you out... We're listeners (readers), not shrinks :rofl:

And you posted the kingpicture for february so the other guys went home... they just left the lights on.

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #49 on: February 09, 2017, 09:53:35 PM
Great photos everyone. I would like to play.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #50 on: February 09, 2017, 10:14:51 PM

I was thinking the same, but I guess not.
We just don't know how to help you out... We're listeners (readers), not shrinks :rofl:

And you posted the kingpicture for february so the other guys went home... they just left the lights on.

Having someone to listen to your rambling already helps  ;).

Anyway, Harley has just proven that there are still some awesome pics out there, can't wait to see more of them  :popcorn:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: February 10, 2017, 03:54:33 AM
Finally we got a little snow :ahhh Not much snow but it is better for a February pic (at least for me it is :D )

20170209_170237 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170209_170617 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

20170209_170305 by Poncho 65, on Flickr

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: February 10, 2017, 07:53:52 PM
Great photos everyone. I would like to play.

that's a cracker mate. :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: February 11, 2017, 03:44:18 PM
that's a cracker mate. :salute:

It sure is!

I think the February contest is already done and dusted but what then hell, here's my new Böker. I don't know why it's on top of a Victorinox. Maybe trying to make a Böker Zero-Cadet baby which would be something to behold. A Cadero, or a Zeret...

bokervic.jpg
* bokervic.jpg (Filesize: 218.02 KB)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:45:33 PM by Thunderpants »

us Offline metasyntax

Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 06:51:24 PM
May it be as the Pattern has chosen.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: February 11, 2017, 07:25:51 PM
Sweet Böker! :tu:
:cheers:
I can't tell you how much I love this thing! The blade is just gorgeous! (Albeit tiny!)

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: February 11, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
So many nice shots! I really like these Calendar-Photo threads!
 :popcorn:
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #57 on: February 13, 2017, 01:12:39 PM
Most of my pictures wouldn't be calendar stuff. But I like this one:
DSC04436-alox-kerima.jpg
* DSC04436-alox-kerima.jpg (Filesize: 286.27 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #58 on: February 15, 2017, 03:43:56 PM
Sunrise Opie

Lonely Buck

Supertool on Ice

Spartan on the Rocks

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #59 on: February 15, 2017, 03:57:00 PM
Good ones Steve. Love the Spartan and the fact it has a proper bail on it instead of the key ring.
Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44